Forceware 158.18

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by desdick, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    Can anyone set a refresh rate other than 60hz and it sticks after a reboot ?

And do any of you have any choppiness while dragging icons around or scrolling windows, like IE or Windows Explorer?

2. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Ok, so I've changed the 165.01 to these drivers, and now both C&C3 and Stalker work again, the performance in C&C3 is better than with 101.70 BTW.
    So, keepers here.

3. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Just played BF2:SF for about an hour and everything seems good. FPS is still off a bit from XP (32 bit), but the lagginess/choppiness is gone.

One thing that I did find that helped wityh the 101.70 was installing the April DirectX update (the full, not the online install). That eliminated a lot of the problems with the 101.70, but these new drivers are better still.

4. wallis

wallis Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX
    heres my benchmark results tested both today in XP

Doom3 timedemo
    179.7 fps - 97.92
    177.6 fps - 158.19

CSS stress test
    255.3 fps - 97.92
    257.7 fps - 158.19

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007

5. icehot666

icehot666 Member

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Hrm just had 3dmark06 running on those drivers, and i did notice some flickering, a slight increase in score but nothing major, still the last time i ran 3dmark was in XP and this is in vista, so I wont complain.... the other thing though is I got a driver not responding problem which went into a continuous loop of the display going on and off, by having dreamscene running then starting 3dmark (double clicking the icon, not making it run the actual tests).... not very impressive.

6. sorrow777

sorrow777 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX
    I was constantly getting flickering back ground textures in Guildwars. I'm about to install these i'll let ya know if i still have flickering textures.

Edit: Nope still got flickering textures.

7. tomb18

tomb18 Active Member

GPU:
    2x8800GTX SLI

Hey Princess,

First of all, you do not need to use F8 and turn off driver signing checks. The drivers are signed and always have been since RTM. Just because you get a message saying the publisher can't be verified doesn't mean they are not signed. You do not need to do this. If you are having issues with your system related to BSOD's when you do not do this, I suspect it is some other device on your system that is causing this.

Second, do you have 2 7950GX2's? Why are you trying to enable sli?
    You have to enable Multi GPU not sli. Perhaps this is what you mean but you should be clear so we can help.

8. sorrow777

sorrow777 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX
    I am able to enable multi-gpu btw... vista 32bit 2gig of ram

9. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I'm disabling driver signing to rule it out as a problem, just because drivers have been signed so far does not automatically mean they all will be, especially beta or leaked drivers.

Nothing on my system is causing this problem, it's Nvidias inability to write 64bit drivers correctly, which can address memory ranges above the initial 4Gb.

I don't have 2 7950GX2's, I have 1, but it 2 cores on one card and requires SLI to run at full speed.

MultiGPU/SLI, same thing...

Either way it doesn't work with memory remapping on.

Yeah, this problem is specific to users with 64bit windows with 4gb of RAM and memory remapping turned on so they can use all 4gb.

10. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    installed it. Fear is working again but exiting the game takes very long. Hl2:Ep 1 crashes after the logo screen.

11. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    my css fps went up about 15 fps with these @ 1680 x 1050 4aa 4af will run 3dmark 06 after i download it

12. mtgb

mtgb Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTX
    same here... no more fan control (growls)

13. tupelo20

tupelo20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SSC in SLI
    No overclocking still :(

Damn still no N'Tune support on overclocking.
    They should make an x64 version off that too while they have the extra manpower. :)

Nvidia monitor in n'tune also not working damn every driver something gets fixed and another thing stops working correctly which was working fine

Now the GodD@mn thing doesn't go to sleep anymore I have just about had it with this crap a 500 dollar card for 6 months now. And all I had with setup and Vista is problems & problems and did I forgot problems? I did, did I.

I've had enough problems for now back to freaking XP thats for sure.

Bahh

14. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Been playing BF2 for an hour, every now and then it stutters like a pig in vista 64,till the point you cant play it anymore.

My next big purchase it going to be a console, im bored with this Nvdia and Microsoft **** .

Spent to much money lately for to little in return.:thumbdown

15. ridesy

ridesy Active Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 285
    Hi Mate,

I have 2 x 8800GTX in SLI working fine with these new drivers and Vista Ultimate 64!

Yes, it asks to restart, but my SLI is enabled when it restarts!

Ridesy

16. Waylander

Waylander Guest

the 158s?

did you have to do anything weird with the install?

I've taken one card out for now as it's just wasted power..

17. ridesy

ridesy Active Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 285
    Frosty,

Are you sure it's not problem specific to your (forgive me) older motherboard?

I am running x64 Vista with SLI and have done on both 101.41 and now these 158.18 drivers with no real issues, but I had endless problems running SLI with the 8800GTX's in either XP or Vista 32 or 64 on my previous and very nice A8N32 board!

I switched to the 680i and performance was markedly up, but also the graphics issues --- disappeared.

Is this 7950 problem occuring with all users across all MB's with Vista 64?

Ridesy

18. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    3dmark06 score went from

to

so its some what of a gain on xp i got 9048 with old drivers

these are my settings for everything

[​IMG]

19. ridesy

ridesy Active Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 285
    Yes, the 158.18's

No nothing wierd, I follwed NVIDIA instructions and it did have to unistall and reboot twice to remove the old 101.41 drivers, but it then started fine, I enabled SLI, it restarted and all was fine!

I did loose aero though as it set screen resolution to "medium 16 bit" and it took me five minutes of reading the help files to see that it has to be set to 32 bit to run aero.

I even have one of those daft Dreamscene backdrops running with no NV.... error!

Ridesy.

PS: There was one odd thing though in install, as it said it had to close certain programmes to run install and when I clicked yes, it shut the explorer Window I'd used to find the install exe, but then it brought up a Windows "Shut Down" screen showing Sleep mode, so I just cancelled that and it carried on with loading install programme.

20. mheavner

mheavner Guest

Hmm, Dreamscene still doesn't work for me with 8800gtx sli'd under vista x64. Just a black background. It does work with sli disabled. Another strange thing with sli enabled - windows media center plays all videos as only the upper half, the lower half being black, while the app is "in focus". If I press the windows key and bring the taskbar into view, I can view the entire video, but the app is "out of focus" and therefore can't be used directly...strange.

Still, seemingly much more stable than previous drivers so far!