Car Freaks!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AJ²06, Jan 2, 2005.

1. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Here are the cars belonging to the 1000+HP Road car club.

First and foremost the car that jumps to mind when you mention the magic number 1000. The Bugatti Veyron.
    [​IMG]
    Weighing in at 1001HP with a 0-60mph/100kmph of just 2.5secs on its way to a top speed of 254mph/407kmph. The current 'world's fastest street-legal production car' title holder!

The Koenigsegg CCXR
    [​IMG]
    At a claimed 1018HP it may beat out the Veyron in power output. But performance figures are sketchy. It is lighter than the Veyron and Koenigsegg are aiming for a 250+mph/400+kmph. Oh and did I mention it runs on environmentally friendly biofuel? Will it have the aero to be able to dethrone the Veyron? Time will tell.

The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo Competition
    [​IMG]
    Just making the cut at 1000HP this is a S7 TT on steroids. Unfortunately no one seems to want to push this car to its limit and so no official performance figures are around.

The Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom
    [​IMG]
    This one also pushes the bare minimum at 1000HP. Claimed 0-60mph/100kmph of 2.9secs puts it behind the Veyron in acceleration but the claimed top speed of 255mph/408kmph would put it a smidgen ahead of the Veyron. Can this Viper really do it? That yet remains to be seen.

The Barabus TKR
    [​IMG]
    According to Barabus, a 1005HP powerhouse will propel the TKR from 0-60mph/100kmph in a mere 1.67 seconds, and on to a blistering top speed of 270mph\432kmph. Very impressive numbers. Should it even get close to these targets it will definitely dethrone the Veyron. However... it wouldn't be the first time company has overstated its car's capabilities.

These new breed of Supercars have relegated the old kings like Ferrari and Lamborghini to second place. As fuel prices increase and oil runs out one can only wonder how far can the envelope be pushed before time runs out.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    they have moved ferrari and lambo and such to second place as far as brute power and top speed is concerned, but ferrari and especially lambo arent just about that. lambo was never the fastest, ferrari was a lot of the time, but they are more about luxury performance and handling.

3. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    Ferrari and Lamborghini will always have there namesake. It would take a huge mistake to put those names in the trash bin.

4. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    THE VEYRON HAS 1001 PS.
    that's about 985-990 bhp. (german horses aren't as strong as british ones!!)

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Nope: Veyon engine makes around 1020ps. about 1001 SAE HP

6. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I'm afraid that will always remain a dream as there was no such thing as a 1957 Starliner ;)

You mean the Ford Skyliner, only US made hardtop convertible ever made. :)

7. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Ahhh! I can't stop thinking about this. I'm yearning for one so badly :(

[​IMG]

8. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    dont go straight for a BOV unless there is some major work done already. just slapping on a BOV wont add a ton of performance and if not tuned right will really hurt the car. other than that. nice car to want :)

//ive got a 06 wrx and love it :)

9. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    [​IMG]

my little honda :p

10. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    threads dying a little, today i saw a Gallardo, a M3 and an NSX. i would love to have any one of these cool cars.....saw lots of other cars too but these were my favourite.....i would post pics but im capped so i will get some up over the next few days when i get my net speed back:).

11. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    AJ²06, is your Accord VTEC? It should be a H22A if it is, and those are some quick motors, I raced a guy with a H22A in a Civic the other day with my B18C Integra, he just couldn't get traction with it but once he did he blew past me...

12. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Mine are the 1969 mustang boss 429 hemi and the ford gt. God i love the looks of that car and there are so many 5.4l high performance parts out there that the gt could really go with all that extra power.

13. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Boss_engine

It's coming...

Looks like Ford is finally bringing back American Muscle how it should be.

[drool]Bring back the massive heart thumping 7.0L.[/drool]

14. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    Yeah they are coming back but still not like they were back in the day. Chevrolet re-did the 427 to the new LS7 whips out 500+(model dependent) naturally aspirated. Still room for longer stroke and bigger bore. And hopefully a low compression version that could get a supercharger.

15. VAC2

VAC2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6970
    I'd love to have a NSX:
    [​IMG]

16. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    You can get a 92 for like 20k.
    Very reliable too (and not just with the "for that type of car" caveat, its civic like reliable.)

17. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    A Maserati dealer moved in down the street from me. This is an everyday experience to see a Maserati, Lambo, Bentley, or even AM Vanquish :D

18. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    lol we have fancy-pants car dealers like next to each other just around the block, so im always seeing tonnes of Audi's, Bentleys, AM, Jaguar, Lambo's, Maserati sometimes, the occasional Ferrari(usually parked outside-belonging to a rich person who wants to buy another car :p) and some others.....
    infact that Lambo i saw was actually going for a test drive around/near my block

19. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Lol everyday after school go take a car for a drive, thats what I would do :D

20. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Well we hit this restaurant near us, and the guys who own the dealership are always parked there and they drive F430s (2 of them). The guy who owns the restaurant always parks in the front too in his Vanquish :p