Yes now: Vista 101.70 x64 x86

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Theliel, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Stangs55

Stangs55 Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    Wonderfully put. I couldn't agree more.

2. jgdsl

jgdsl Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT SSC OC 755/18
    has someone been able to enable muti-gpu from the nvidia control panel cause when i try to enble them and reboot they never stay and get disabled

3. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    Well, you have ADSL do you not?, even tho its not the best internet solution but it works.

Interesting reading about the compression scheme. Downloaded the driver and installed. Works better than the 101.40 x64. Havent BSOD on me yet.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    umm... wouldn't you do it that way anyway?? Please don't tell me you would just install new drivers over old ones? eeeek. This is the reason we have so many threads about crappy performance.

wow.. that's a low blow. I'm right with everyone else on their displeasure with Nvidia, beleive me.. but to compare them to Creative is pretty brutal.
    I have yet to see an Nvidia driver actually crash my system on loading, and I've had Creative software bunk up my machines so bad that I almost had to perform a full reload.
    So long as Nvidia realizes the problem, and does what they can to fix it, they're already light years ahead of Creative.
    Creative is easily the worst manufacturer of driver support that I've ever seen.. Nvidia hardly deserves that title.. yet.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007

5. Zero_Lux

Zero_Lux Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
    Yea, I have SLI enabled for my cards and the settings stick even after reboot.

6. jalextacy

jalextacy Member Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 4870 512mb
    Is this like the 101.41 drivers in which you can only enable SLI if you have 2 GB of RAM installed? 4 GB is too much ram to address or something when coupled with SLI?

7. Zero_Lux

Zero_Lux Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
    For those of you wondering about STALKER with these drivers, I used to have to run STALKER on all low settings with some lighting features disabled.

Now with these drivers . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jasonj333

jasonj333 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT 256MB x2 (SLI)
    These seem more stable than the 101.41s, WoW isn't nearly as choppy but still has issues.

With SLI enabled I get a lot of "driver stop responding" messages, baby steps...

9. mrfloydian1973

mrfloydian1973 Master Guru

GPU:
    1GB ATI HD4850
    Went back to bloom+aa as under HDR seem to have a problem on npc's, epecially ghostly figures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a tad unstable these drivers, get alot of driver stopped responding but has recovered messages.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i dont know about these drivers. i lost quite a bit of performance in CS:S, and DOD:S.

STILL NO Digital Vibrance For 8800's???

i was using Expert Tool to overclock and control my fan speed, which worked great under 101.41, but now i can't set my fan speed with these :(

11. Yay4Juggs

Yay4Juggs Member

GPU:
    x1950pro 512mb PCIe 621/1593
    Ok so i have been battling this nvdia issue since vistas launch...here is my set up and perhaps someone can shed some light on things...looking at your name area you can see what im running equipment wise in the box...I have my custom built pc connected to my 60" lcd hdtv using dvi out from my card to hdmi on the tv and yes this is my only monitor in use right now...i have a 17" lcd monitor from dell but i dont have it connected. Here is my problem...the hative res on my tv is 720p but supports 1080i via the hdmi cable but when i go to the nvidia control panel it comes up as sony tv and only gives me two scaling options...none of which dont work and the other 2 are greyed out...the images below perhaps can give you an idea as to what i am missing here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can only get one useable resolution but even with that i have a two inch black blorder around the entire display...What do i have to do in order to achieve a happy balance with this card and these drivers?

Also i tried hooking it up via the pigtail that came with the card (s video to rgb) and got the same results resolution wise...no ability to scale and a very blurry picture.

someone please please please tell me that this can be fixed and how?????????????? i have literally gone thru every set of nvidia drivers i could find that were remotely close to vista drivers(yes i used driver cleaner pro to completely remove everything before each install of new driver packs).

12. jgdsl

jgdsl Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT SSC OC 755/18
    can someone that has been able set SLI with these driver do anything other than just click the muti-gpu button and restart the comp. as i can not get it to work no matter what i do.Also if any one has a 7950GX2 like me been able to get it to work

13. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I can't even get the control panel to open. It crashes every time.

14. Zero_Lux

Zero_Lux Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
    Make sure your motherboard is set to Dual Videocard in the Bios.

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I love these drivers ..i'll say that once again! I saw a big performance boost with my vista machine and my 8800GTX with these! BIG TIME KEEPERS!!

16. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    I'm using the 64 bit drivers with no problems to report. I've tried STALKER/DOD:S/CS:S/C&C3. STALKER frames appear to be a little higher than the 101.41. Source games don't appear to have much of a gain, although the frames seem to be a little bit more stable for me.

Keepers for me, unless something turns up.

17. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    fixxxer82 Posted Fri April 06 2007 07:19
    Forcing AA through the control panel of the latest leaked nvidia driver for vista works!

You can now have AA in R6 Vegas finally . Now you should know that i played only about 5 minutes but in that i saw no graphical corruption and no big difference in framerates

Maybe someone else can give this a try and see how this works for him?

Edit : I believe this only works on 8800 series card

Source : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/1141073845

so this means HDR + AA work now maybe in far cry idk because i did not install 101.70

18. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
  19. Xenrail

Xenrail New Member

awesome. i dont have ugly fps with any of my games any more. this driver update rules. ^_^

20. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    Id like to kno if these drivers work with source now in vista, i am sick and tired of getting 30FPS with my 7900GT OC.