Hello all can anybody help me plz?

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Magscream, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Magscream

Magscream New Member

Hello guys well 3 days ago i installed windows vista 32 bits, i installd everthing and all was going good until i tryed to play counter strike source one of my favorites games, the game run so slow instead when i was running on xp, my specs are motherboard asus a7n8x-x athlon 2700 xp and the video card is an asus radeon x800 pro with 1 gb of ram kingston, and well as i said when i was running on xp with catayst drivers and the best tool ati try tools all was going so good no problems running games, and in ati try tools when i used the bench tool for see how was doing, the score was good a lil bit more than the scale that use x800 pro is 3558.41 and with my old settings with core at 500 and memory at 520 i was getting like 3800, now with vista i get 1000 points of score so sad... so i have some questions, i installed the new ati try tools for run it on vista, but i have 1 problem only when i try to set my fan velocity it say No supported hardware found, i have catalyst installed for vista but i dont know if that is the problem, other thing is that i can´t update my motherboard drivers to vista cause there is not an update yet ( and i dont think they update that old motherboard drivers), so i dont know if my problem is cause i dont have my motherboard drivers update (when i installed vista, vista installed all the drivers), or something is wrong with catalyst or the bench tool of ati try tools ( i dont think so), so can someone help me get my old score :(, and can someone help me about the fan speed? vista run cool but not for the games in my case, and i dont want to change it to xp im happy with vista but if is the only solution for play my games cool as always i must unistall vista and go back to xp :(.

Thx for read it and sorry for my english i speak spanish i hope u guys can understand what i wrote.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What version of Catalyst you installed?

3. Magscream

Magscream New Member

Hi thx for answer my version is Catalyst® 7.2 Display Driver for Windows Vista (32 bit).

Ray ur program owns men hehe i hope u can help me about the fan :( and get my old score of 4000 :( thx in advice

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    For MoBo, as I know Nforce2 is unsupported by Vista at all and no updates will be in future from nVIDIA. For about FAN control. It should work if it works on XP. Are you sure you didn't disable I2C functions?

5. Magscream

Magscream New Member

Hey ray the vista update in the afternoon something about pci managment for nvidia and after that my fan works so i dont know if that was the problem, but the fan works already, now i need get my old score i cant pass of 1000 points :( also i can see the fps rate of my games.

Thx

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Thats bad I lost my old X800XT PE (died MTF!@) so I can not check it. Can you check you card in 3DMark?

7. terrastrife

terrastrife Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT OC / GA GTX280
    With no optimised bus/host drivers between core computer components (cpu/gpu/ram)dont expect it to be fast.

8. berni2k

berni2k Member

GPU:
    X1800XT 256 + HD4850 512
    i may be a hero that i managed to have such a fast sys but this looks strange (maybe some bug?) ray make it go away :D
    just kidding .. in fact i run your hardware under vista

my bench result with ATT 1.3.6.1018 (with aero(glassy windows) active in the background and foreground) :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/berni2k/446569229/
    [​IMG]

no limit in sight *g* (it gives some good feeling to be on top heh but in fact i didnt change any settings since the last run hmm at least not inside ATT)
    still 018 this time without aero active:
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=446920753&size=o
    [​IMG]
    seems Vista related and with the first bench UAC was active with the second it was deactivated

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Benchmark doesn't work well under Vista yet :) Somthing bad is going on in Catalyst OpenGL part

10. berni2k

berni2k Member

GPU:
    X1800XT 256 + HD4850 512
    i c -> read about OpenGL problems at driverheaven i think (and they said they made Quake4 and Doom3 (both OpenGL games i think) about ~30%faster .. but you know if want to know my score i just have to look at the one of your test system ;)

just made a second run and updated the post above ... maybe it helps somehow .. at least it looks cool

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007