S.T.A.L.K.E.R (released)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jeremy, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Ok so to clear it up AA does not fully work I hope they get there stuff together and make it work, it will add a big plus to the game. So far I have found some annoying things and some great things. I will post them all later but for now the biggest thing is the life of the enemies. They are far to strong some have withstanded 20 shots from my pistol seriosly.

2. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Can anyone explain to me how to survive when you get the green radiation thing near your health and you slowly die??

o_O

3. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried all nHancer compatability modes like for R6: VE and nothing worked for AA. Too bad, but game is very fun.

4. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    get some anti radiation medicine.

5. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    is it just me whos having performance problems? no one else seems to be complaining about it.
    it might be the fact that im on Windows Xp x64bit but at 1680x1050 no AA settings only on High not max i get about 20-30fps. wtf is up?

in the multiplayer beta i got like 70fps+ constantly but that was when i was on xp 32bit so im thinking maybe its just my OS? gah i hope not......

6. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:

I cant find a store anywhere :O

7. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:

Check the distance draw tab, if i set it to max game lags hardcore.

8. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Some good screens guru's:)
    Will be worth getting.

9. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    This game runs like complete ass on vista... What gives? Anyone have it running smooth as ice? I tried lowering settings, everything... stopping windows services, etc. It just thrashes my hard drive as if I had no ram whatsoever. Time to dual boot. I'm getting sick of this.

10. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I believe an official patch is scheduled for March 23rd, but I don't have a link - I recall reading it somewhere. I won't play it until it's patched so I can enjoy the first time through hopefully without too many problems. I've been waiting to upgrade my system too, and this sounds like a good of an excuse as any.

11. cabrobro

cabrobro Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  12. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Wow game is out early. Picked up mine from my not-so-local EB (30 k's away). I'm really liking it so far. As for radiation medicine, vodka works too :). You can get the medicine off some bandits you take on after the first mission, and you can trade with almost anyone. I also like the fact that the game is set to HARD. Way more of a challenge.

It's also fun scaring wildlife into anomalies lol. Gonna go take it online and see if anything is there yet.

13. nihilistic0

nihilistic0 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 (760/1100)

Or maybe it has something to do with the ridiculous cost of making games these days. Or maybe the fact that publishers are less willing to take a risk on a new type of game, that they are more concerned with profit margin than quality. Games nowadays typically cost millions to make. They require ever increasing manpower and time, which significantly raises production costs.

The video game market raked in a record breaking 12.5 billion dollars last year, with overall sales increasing by 19 percent

Stop being naive, and stop believing everything that the RIAA and similar clowns tell you

Games still sell very well, and still make a lot of money

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I can't get also the Russian version what a luck i think i download the game play bit and see if it's worth the money.

15. Jazza104

Jazza104 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1GB 4870
    What's your definition of 'real guns'? Currently I only have the pistol you get at the start, the double barrel shotgun and the AK47 and it takes like two clips to kill someone, completely puts me off the game!

16. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    Very true, if it's not a game, then a movie, that will be dl'ed and is piracy as well, and how many doesn't do that? (do not answer plz, self-explanatory question ^^).

17. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    the game is running pretty good here @ 1280x1024 HIGH.

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
  19. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -

Are you guys stupid? How many times do you need to be told NOT to talk about the piracy issue here? How many times? Like 5?

Goto the piracy thread for that crap. This is about Stalker not piracy!

20. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    This game looks like a wanna be FEAR/HL2. If you want atmosphere go buy Doom 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.