NGO ATI Optimized Driver v1.7.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by REGENERATI0N, Mar 11, 2007.

1. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    The NGO ATI Optimized Driver is a modified version of the ATI Catalyst driver. The main purpose is to satisfy the users with better performance, image quality and compatibility. The NGO ATI Optimized Driver can enhance your experience in games, multimedia and general usage. This project is especially suited for enthusiasts and gamers that want to have the best gaming experience.

This driver includes ATI Control Panel and ATI Tray Tools by Ray Adams (Optional). We’ve preferred to include Control Panel over Catalyst Control Center due to the lower memory usage and flexibility. You can use ATI Tray Tools to take full control and to adjust advanced features while the Control Panel will give you basic control options. With ATI Tray Tools you can create game profiles and assign specific settings for each application.

Changes
    * Based on ATI Catalyst 7.2
    * Updated ATI Tray Tools to v1.3.6.1007 with Crossfire support
    * Added support for Radeon X1950XT
    * Added support for Radeon X1950GT
    * Added support for Radeon X1550
    * Added support for Radeon X1200
    * Added support for Radeon Xpress (RS600/RS690/RS482M)
    * Added experimental support for Radeon Mobility (9500-X1800)
    * Added experimental support for Radeon IGP
    * Improved Driver Installation Method
    * Improved Installer/Uninstaller
    * Fixed several Installation/Uninstallation related bugs
    * Fixed Incorrect Clocks bug
    * Fixed Wide-screen resolutions bug (Don’t forget to use monitor drivers)
    * Smaller Installation file (15MB)
    * Removed SmartGart AGP Page

Installation
    Please uninstall your previous driver before proceeding with this installation. Please use the ATI Catalyst Uninstall Utility in order to Uninstall your current driver. We also recommend the use of DriverCleaner.

Download here

2. Raven'sBlood

Raven'sBlood Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTX
    Will these work on windows vista home premium 32 bit?

3. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    well if you click the 'download here' link it would of told u that its for windows XP 32bit

4. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    affect this to agp video cards?

5. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    No effect.

6. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    this driver really increased FPS in game by 5-10....i m currenltly using NGO 1.6.12 ....i tested it with Company of Heroes...really this one increasing performance...thnx for update.

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    that's great...but could someone with an x1900 card test it and tell us if the fps increase on them to???

8. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    I will give em a shot. Compare them to DNA-ati and XG WarCat 7.2 results i did earlier (in other thread).

9. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Er, test it yourself???

10. Vortigen

Vortigen New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 4GB OC
    I got an amazing increase in FPS (at least in World of Warcraft) with this one.
    It went from a max 85FPS to 235FPS in the character screen.
    Will test it later in actual gameplay but before that I want to mention a little problem.
    Alt+Tab to desktop works fine but when I Alt+Tab again to get back the game "crashes", meaning it dissapears leaving me on the desktop.
    And seeing that I sometimes want to Alt+Tab while playing I'm not sure if I will keep using this driver despite the huge gain in FPS.
    If the problem can be fixed, however, it would be one of the best drivers I've ever used :)

(My vidcard is a X1950GT 256mb, running on WinXP, and I previously used the regular ATI 7.1 driver.)

11. Vortigen

Vortigen New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 4GB OC
    Windows XP didn't seem to like this driver too much, it tended to "got stuck" on the desktop right after the loading screen :(
    A hard reboot fixed it most of the times but that's not something I want to do.
    Now I'm on the regular ATI 7.2 driver, same FPS in WoW as before: 85FPS max. Still a good FPS, but I will try an updated NGO driver release if there comes one.

12. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I love this driver. Everything is working great.

13. adolfotregosa

adolfotregosa Active Member

I have a x700 mobile and the driver is great but i can not overclock with it. Tested atitool, winclk and ati tray tools. The laptop crashes 2 seconds after i press the icon with the card overclocked. :puke3: back to stock 7.2 drivers.

14. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Where are the results? I'd be very interested in seeing them. Also, look here please.

15. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    I uninstall the ATI and install this one NGO reboot and at the windows xp loading bar it freezes! I reset the PC and all went well, made my configs and i´m only obtainig 1 more Frame than the ATI, the quality i can´t say because i´ve only got this card for 5 days and can´t notice the difference right now,
    but the options with the driver are very good i must say that they are the best that i´ve ever see in a driver!!! I can now uninstall Riva turner and PCi latency tools because the driver does the same. My card is still at factory defaults sow it´s stable after gamming about 2 hours at Max. If you like options you should try this driver!

This driver doesn´t have VIVO settings does it mean that is disabled ?

Can´t use a Program called RatD** at least 0.78.1444 version (error on some code ..... while opening)

Hasta !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007

16. VoodooGTS

VoodooGTS Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X1950 Pro 630/1700
    Same with me. For windows XP in takes a while to boot. It would hang for a bit at the desktop then load everything.

Also when ever im watching a video on windows media player it flickers like an artifact when ever i open or close it then my overclock settings resets to defult.

the overclock acts up sometimes as well. it seems i can overclock my 1950 pro as much compared to DNA drivers. it will always reset itself after opening and closing a movie from windows media player.

17. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Greetings gurus! I have conducted a very brief comparison of two different variations of ATI's Catalyst 7.2 driver. I used the Counter Strike: Source Video Stress Test as my benchmark, and I ran it 3 times to ensure the consistency of the results. My settings were the following:
    • 1600*1200 resolution
    • 6xMSAA
    • 16xHQAF
    • All in-game settings maxed
    • Various driver tweaks which I won't share in this thread
    Here are the results:

ATI Catalyst 7.2

Run 1: 124.74 fps
    Run 2: 123.96 fps
    Run 3: 125.11 fps

==> Average: 124.60 fps

NGO Catalyst 7.2

Run 1: 123.69
    Run 2: 123.65
    Run 3: 123.73

==> Average: 123.69 fps

I'm very disappointed overall, especially since the NGO set was supposed to be very good for performance. It didn't even come with a WDM driver! What a joke... I'm still going to give DNA-ATI Catalysts a try once they come out, as the ATT they come with, presumably has more tweaks than the default version, but I'm very unimpressed with pre-tweaked drivers thus far. Let's just hope KillerSneak does a better job, and actually incorporates a WDM driver in there as well. I shouldn't have to download the stock one from ATI along with all the other crap such as CCC, etc.

By the way REGENERATION, the tone of my post may seem hostile, but be assured that that is not my intention. These drivers simply didn't work out for me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  18. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Sorry. I did not manage to test 7.2 NGO drivers. Shortly after testing 7.2 versions of Ati, XG Warcat and DNA-ATI i ran into huge problems. Blue screens every 40min in gaming or pc lock ups. All the BSOD about ati3duag errors.
    So i'm back to XG-Warcat 7.1 for now and so far its stable.

I also added a Accelero x2 on my x1950pro and man is the difference huge! :eek:

Glad you gave them a try. About the other benchmarks i mentioned in my post, here are they. (i ran them with no AA, no AF all default settings in 3dmark 05)

19. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    [Request] Is it possible to add 1200x900 (4:3) resolution in your drivers?

20. Maiden109

Maiden109 New Member

* Updated ATI Tray Tools to v1.3.6.1007 with Crossfire support

How do i enable crossfire in ATT?