101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    my PNY7800GT runs primo on vista64 with the modified 101. (64bit vers.). I'm playing GRAW again, smoother than ever before!

Also my processor is overclocked to 3,0ghz.

2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Can this driver be modded for a 7800gt in Vista?

3. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    On 7600gt, these drivers performed well in Vista. I have not had any BSODs or random restarts.

4. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Well for me it was happening with the 100.65 set too. I think something entirely different is going on.

5. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    I wouldn't expect it to be with those specs. No matter what the OS is.

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Hmmm, I got some problems with the drivers. I sometimes get an error saying that my GPU Driver isn't responding :)

So I switched back to the latest Official nVidia WHQL Drivers.

7. schmiggy_jk

schmiggy_jk Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB Super Clocked
    Ive been using these since they came out, for supreme commander, half life 2, CS:S, CS 1.6, and not had any issues what so ever with BSOD's, or driver stops.

I had one on first installing, a driver stop, as my display setting of dual view didnt want to stick using my tv with svideo out, but after a 2nd try it stuck, and the driver hasnt had an issue since.

I am noticing frame improvements in CS:S and Episode one, which is a huge plus in my book.

IMHO these are the best drivers for my system at this point.

8. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

As I said, its just a matter of time till something triggers it.

9. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    The driver is not responding issue is pretty much the only issue I dont have. But I read a lot about it and it's happening with 100.* drivers too. Especially with dreamscene.

10. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Could be youre PSU. I had a Silverstone 600W PSU before with my 8800GTX, with that PSU all games were having minor issues, but BF2142 had terrible performance, and at boot i got the "nvidia power error message". When I upgraded to a ThermalTake 750W PSU, all problems are gone. So think about that? You have a Hiper 580W PSU, which isnt as good as my former Silverstone 600W psu, and also you have a PhysX which I did not have?? So you figure it out?

11. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    USed the modded info off laptopvideo2go.com for vista and my GO 7400.
    WOn't install, encounters errors. Any tips or advice on how to install these drivers on a GO 7400???

12. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 640MB 8800GTS @ 620/900
    Haven't updated from XP once, install Vista twice, once on a drive with data on it the second time on a blank raptor.

13. Coolit

Coolit Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX OC
    Hi, It's not the PSU, the random crashing with BF2142 has completely stopped, it didn't do it with 100.64, just 100.65 for some reason. its fine with these drivers also, I just get a crash after each round which many people are experiencing and is a known issue.

14. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Member

GPU:
    BFGTech GTX 260 OC
    This did not work for me. It's either the video driver or the monitor driver does not do refresh rates over 60 hz for me or something hmm.

15. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Any idea how to get my GO7400 Nvidia card working with these drivers? Tried the modded inf on laptopvideo2go.com and it doesnt work.

16. robotskip

robotskip New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512MB
    Yeah, gaming for me is more or less perfect.

17. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    My first BSOD with 101.41

I just got my first BSOD with this driver..... I was playing COD2... I was about to throw a frag and everything froze and there it was.... a BSOD.. I wish it would have stayed there longer so i could read the damn thing... :knock:

18. brianmac

brianmac New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 7600gt 256mb
    Has anyone been able to get Flat Panel Scaling to work with these drivers? These options are greyed out for me.

I have a 7600gt and Acer 2216w monitor.

With the 100.65 driver these options were available but didnt save when exiting the control panel. These new drivers were supposed to fix this issue.

TIA

19. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Still Supreme Commander crashes galore :(

20. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Here's one fur yuh. I installed 101.46 with Vista Ultimate x64 and I was happily surprised. SLI worked and most of my games looked and ran better. Not like XP, mind you, but still good enough.

That is, until Windows Automatic Updates kicked in on schedule at 6 PM sharp. I had new "important" updates to install. And what were these important updates? They were the NVidia video driver 97.46 that I just uninstalled and replaced. Of course, I said no, but that goofy little tray update icon kept pestering me. Finally, I turned the computer off and went to bed.

The next morning. Turned the computer on and Vista informed me that it was installing updates. The screen went black for a few seconds and I expected the worst. But then Vista came back with the message that the updates had been installed. And what were these updates? The good old built-in RTM video driver again. But this time I also got a message that my Panasonic DVD burner had failed and a driver could not be located. I rebooted a couple of times, but the DVD burner was disabled.

The moral of the story? I went back to the last good restore point and turned off automatic updates.