101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. myzar

myzar Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600gt AGP
    Nah 7 series works just fine luckily are only the idiots who paid like 500$ for a videocard suffering for their own retardness

2. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Wow , calling people retards and idiots... Nice, that says allot about you.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hey Hey now. But he is right. One driver with small changes wont turn Vista into XP. Its not an over night thing...its gonna take a bit.

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya, that was a bit harsh. but it's not to much to ask for a a decent driver for the 8800's thou! i've read tons of posts where the 6, and 7 series are getting the same if not better performance. theres so many features that dont work for the 8 series it's just sickening!!! not including the poor performmance.

5. pabster

pabster Member

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    Well, 100.41 appears to be a MAJOR improvement. No more checkerboarding corruption between safe desktop switching (UAC) and the nVidia Control Panel comes right up -- and works! -- no 3 minute delay or failure to load as in previous driver releases. Haven't done any gaming tests yet or 3DMark but looks good so far.

Now if they'd get nTune working... I'd like to at least be able to see the temperature of my GPU and (Gasp!) adjust the fan duty cycle.

6. tomb18

tomb18 Active Member

GPU:
    2x8800GTX SLI
    Ok, this is the first Vista set of drivers that I am totally pi**ed off about.
    My issues:

8800GTX (Not SLI) Vista Ultimate x64
    There is an across the board drop in fps in everything from 10-20% with a lot of choppiness that was not there before. (Except for open GL, Quake 4 is about 20% better (minimum frame rates) but still far far off XP)

Vegas!! Used to work, although slowly, now the mouse no longer works (I can't turn!) but if I move the mouse to the left side of the screen, the desktop icons flicker through the game!

The video playback in media center still jumps every few seconds.
    Nvidia also presumed to remove every refresh rate of my monitor giving me now only 60Hz and 76Hz.
    Why are they wasting their friggen time removing my display refresh rate choices instead of fixing core issues that have been around for a long time. Things like control panel settings not working and not saving.

My guess is that spent so much time getting sli to work that they broke the non sli performance!!!

Ever since XP 92.47, the drivers have gone down hill tremendously.

7. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I have to agree here, Vista is very sensitive to video card stability, if the card is having some issues (a not very stable OC would be a good example), then Vista will be very unstable too.. and believe me, I'm talking from my personal experience..lol
    A recent 'higher' overclock showed it.. it's all because of the Aero of course, but it's nothing bad here..as long as you card is stable..if not - then you may get various slowdowns, and even tons of BSOD's with errors like IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA and etc..
    So.. be sure that your card is 100% stable, and believe me, some issues might just go away..:cops:

8. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    Im hesitating if I should buy an 8800 now..... I dont want to buy one and then have a decent driver that finally makes it usable when the next big card comes out in a few days after I buy the damn card from now... that would really suck...

9. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Ok, I read 3 pages of chaos and then decided to do a single bench (all I had time for).

HL2 Lost Coast, 6800GT, no overclock.
    1024x768 4xAA 16xAF (yes I use those settings)
    Vista 32-bit

XP 97.92 - 61.84fps
    Vista 100.65 - 32.54fps
    Vista 101.41 - 54.30fps

Much better performance! I did get a few BSODs but that's been happening regardless of the video driver so I think something else is up there. Probably Creative's junk sound drivers.

Also, I'm running Vista on a slow 20GB hard drive and it was grinding occasionally, causing the game to hitch. I realize some more RAM could be in order but the XP installation, which is running RAID, taps the hard drive too on occasion, though the hitches are much shorter (probably due to the speed or the amount of data, or something).

A relieving boost, but not quite there yet.

10. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb

yeah some more RAM will fix you hard drive caching.... I normally have 4 gigs in mine but Im usig only 1 gig right now.. "needed the sticks else where" and I get that here and there... but even with the 4 gigs it hickups.. but not very much with this driver...

11. parnz

parnz New Member

GPU:
    2x GeForce 7300GT 256MB
    They said "Beta driver that adds support for NVIDIA SLIā„¢ support on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs"

Is that mean I can enable SLI option?
    But I can't find anything about SLI support in nVidia Control Panel.

7300GT x2
    Vista 64 bit

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  12. Dvlk3n

Dvlk3n Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SOC
    same low fps with world of warcraft... me and a friend of mine used to have the same fps while standing one near each other in-game... now he always has around 20-25 fps more than I, he's a xp user.

13. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    I have to say that the weird monitor glitch is gone when i open up the control panel , i ran the Casacades demo and it seems a bit smoother also as others have mentioned, the control panel does pop up quicker to. I was wondering if the is a program for Vista that will tell me GPU temps? i thought i read somebody was reading there temps was that in XP or Vista? i haven't had any problems as i will post if i do.

Also in Vista Farcry is running really good, haven't tried Doom 3 yet as i will when i done playing around in Farcry.

14. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    Originally Posted by KommunistDK
    "Dont you ****ing get that XP aint faster in performance than vista and will probaly be for some time now? A sudden driver from 100.65 to 101.41 wont give you the same performance as xp..."

It's better to keep your mouth shut and just let us think you are an idiot, than to speak and prove it. gg n00b

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Back on-topic please and KommunistDK & MyZar, you have an official warning.

16. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Guys all this hostility..lets calm down. XP has had a long time to get to where it is today. Vista launch is far less of a problem than XP was on it's launch date.

Things will come along for vista with the few companies that "dropped the ball" and it will happen much faster than it took XP to get there. Us early adopters know we have the best and in the end it will be proven. Lets not fight anymore folks.

17. OATKK

OATKK Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    These driver work very well for me. I don't know why some guy got so much

problem may be he is so stupid user or he is a ATI fanboy . Just install and

then it's work.How hard?:smoke:

18. marko

marko Member

GPU:
    Geforce Ti 4200
    Had the first BSOD with these drivers when computer tried to go into sleep mode. Uninstalling them was bad too, had a BSON (black screen of nothing). Reinstalled 100.65 and everything working fine (as possible seeing there is no way to change refresh rate even if monitor selected is suppose to support 75Hz).

19. ssbopper

ssbopper Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB
    these drivers run pretty well for me, but i'm still having this problem with games where it will run smooth for a while and suddenly become choppy before returning to normal again. Does anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

20. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

Yeah this was my situation also.... They don't crash like the normal driver does in the past. As me they were great drivers for awhile, working well..then later BSOD here and there, driver stopped responding issues and such.

Based on my situation, and the way you describe yours i feel that many wont realize that this driver is faulty until they hit something that TRIGGERS there failure. As said, my games ran great with em. Early posts i did showed a great set , yet i came back later with BSOD's just at idle at the desktop, and media center crashing ... and much more.

I went back to 100.65, and although games will now have issues again, i will not have BSOD'S and random crashing..Ill take stability over instability.