101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA 8800 GTS 640mb / SLI
    Luckily , I am good on all accounts ... 2142 , CSS . Dark Messiah MnM , Doom 3
    TFC,CS,DOD Source, CZero ...

2142 runs like a dream

on both 100.65 and 101.41

Vista Ultimate x32

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  2. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Are you guys running Dream scene?

I noticed shutting it off has helped some with the random driver crashing issue

3. schmiggy_jk

schmiggy_jk Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB Super Clocked
    The tv out issues I was having are fixed now. No more grainy tv display via svideo running a dual desktop setup. And I have color too. "Very nice".

My main gripe seems to be fixed.

And is it more or was the Counter Strike Source fog/shadow bug fixed were players blend in at a distance behind fog or in a shadow? I havent been able to replicate it yet.

Now on to gaming performance issues.

Sad that I am happy about basic functionality being remedied, where as gaming performance should be the only issue ever...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Runs fine for me, I didnt have time to play for long. But it loaded fine. Im giving another try at BF2142 now. Will post later if the CTD´s have gotten any better. I doubt it, but we can always hope. Actually I think the CTD issue is more of an Creative/X-FI issue than nvidia issue. Or even could be a Dice/coding problem.

5. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    i'm happy with these drivers, sli finally works, now i can adjust my colours etc without control panel crashing all the time and that nvidia logo thingy in 3d-settings is working properly! About games I only tried War Front and performance was about same that i get in xp.

6. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    Am I invisibe?
    What about XP? it works in XP or its only for Vista?

7. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    Sorry mate.. Ye this is a Vista driver..

8. i_m_weasel

i_m_weasel Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2
    I went back to the 100.64's and my temps went back down about 10C at idle. I really liked the performance and fixes in the betas - but I would rather deal with them then to worry about baking my card (its just a baby - its only 2 days old! :) ). I hope they will address the temp increases in the next beta and of course in the next release.

9. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

Hmm, I wonder how many times it says vista, I see 10.

BTW: these drivers work great, no crashes yet, loaded up guildwars to see if everything looked ok, they also fixed the problem with the whitebars and missing buttons in battlefield 1942, and I played WoW for 3 hours and good performance no crashes. I'm happy.

7800GT @ 475/1.1ghz
    vista business w/ latest updates

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    If you have Vista 64bit and you have DreamScence using 101.41, try to drag and select anywhere on the screen couple of times but make sure its medium size and you do it fast but not too fast. like you want to select 8 files in 1row and a half.

tell me if you have the Display problem, because it just keep happening when i do that.

11. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Member Guru

Lovin' these drivers. Been playing WoW for 6 hours so far and there's no corruption, glitches, etc and now that SLi works, its TONS faster. Just be sure to keep the "Smooth Mouse" setting off.

Only problem I have with it, is that when I alt-tab, then go back to the game, it takes like 5 seconds to show me the screen again. Not that much of a problem really, but it's bothering :D

12. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Dont worry about the temps. When i played BF2142, i logged my temps with Everest. The temps never went over 75c with these drivers. And even if the idle temps are higher with these drivers, i doubt the card is really warmer, its only some driver temp bug that makes the temps seem higher than they actually are?? But even if they are higher, but dont pass over 75c on load, its totally ok. Even with the 100.65 I had about the same temps at load.

Ps. To my earlier post, BF2142 is still Crashing To Desktop with the memory.dll error. Strange thing is that in XP these errors got logged in eventlogger, but doesnt do that anymore in Vista?? :( I hope Dice fixes this, with some kind of Vista Compatibility Patch. Because sure BF2/2142 were crashing in XP, but its much worse in Vista. I seldom ever can play more than one map until the game crashes, it crashes always between loading/changing maps.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    your an idiot, shut up.
    go outside and play with your little friends. you dont have a clue what your talking about. kid's ...

14. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    so here is the deal. for my rig the fps went up and are very very nice again. I can finally play in Windowmode with SLI again and everything else is better too. I am not experiencing my "beep of doom anymore". Which was quite excellent.. at first.
    Now I'm back to a traditional bluescreen of death. But its not the nvdisplay.sys, which is causing it, but a drk******.sys. I need to findout the exact name.

15. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Did you check youre eventlogs?? Usually its there, also disable the automatic restart function in Advanced system settings\Start & Recovery... This gives you more time if it happens again to write down the whole file name? :)

16. Zizzman

Zizzman Member

GPU:
    2 Evga GTX295 Hydro Coppe
    Maybe, but let me remind you that I have had months of gaming bliss with 8800gtx SLI prior to a Vista install. These cards absolutely kick ass with everthing maxed at high res. Where is ATI?

Vista is crapware (at this point at least). Game performance has been way down, Soundblaster XFi is broken. For gaming, dual boot is really the only solution in my case. Things will work our eventually and yes, probably when ATI releases R600.

17. schmiggy_jk

schmiggy_jk Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB Super Clocked
    I wonder Nvidia pulled the 32bit from their site?

18. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX

Ok I just checked everything. It was the:

Name Dxgkrnl.sys
    Size (bytes) 61.44
    Version 6.0.4074.0 (idx02.040425-1535)
    Company Microsoft Corporation

Description
    DirectX Graphics Kernel

So its related to Nvidia... I think.

19. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Disabling Dream scene has definetly helped with the 'Driver stopped responding issue" some what

20. gL1tch

gL1tch Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT @ 490/1180
    These drivers appear to work better with the 8 series then with the 7 series. Just from reading what people have posted. I'm rolling back. Hope the next round works a bit better!