101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    not for me!

CSS stress test, 1600x1200 16xAA 16xAF, max settings.

XP: 205 fps

Vista: 148 fps

still no digital vibrance!

still go to 60hz in game!

although i overclocked my card with ATi tool i didnt gain a single frame in my CSS benchmark :(

WTF Nvidia???

2. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    ditto here.

and the drivers didnt move on nvidia web site ,same place they were last night at 9 pm.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    sad eh ... thank god for dual booting :)

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT

What does this driver have to do with ATI?

Making excuses for Nvidia is foolish aslo.

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    SABB69,

i just confirmed Refresh Lock 2.21 works for Vista! finally, my eyes don't bleed anymore ;)

now we just need digital vibrance, and some performance gain and we're good to go ...

6. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    To all people having failing drivers have you bothered to run MEMTEST86 on your systems just to make sure its not your system RAM thats the culprit? If your thinking just because your system RAM is running at stock speeds there can't be anything wrong you could be overlooking the true problem.

I think many people switched to Vista and never really tested their PC's for true stability, I think half the people who overclock their PC's never tested for true stabilty and now Vista is showing the limitations of thier overclocks.

I'm not saying the Nvidia drivers are perfect, far from, but eliminate the possibilty that it could be your hardware first, stock or overclocked.

7. HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    These drivers are shocking, they keep having to be recovered while watching video/TV on my media players and the Control Panel icon doesn't have a name and isn't even working. Not to mention WEI crashes when trying to benchmark. I'll try to re0install and see if it might be a once off thing specific to me. These issues might be the reason for them being pulled off of the nvidia site.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    These are the best Vista drivers I've tried yet. Seems most of the disatisfied responses are 8800 users. Glad I've held off buying one, lol.

9. SkelNonch

SkelNonch Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Digital Vibrance for me wont stick and still a complete black screen when connected through DVI. pants. :bang:

10. GatecrasherX

GatecrasherX Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS o/c
    Update:
    Since this morning's post I have tried the following:

Thorough test of system stability, memory, CPU etc. with prime
    Sanity test on XP partition
    Full roll back to default driver, fresh install of 101.41

Outcome:
    No improvement from this morning, even with system running at "stock" default speeds.

Final Conclusion:
    These drivers make baby Jesus cry.

First "bad" driver release for me from nVidia, good news is that rolling back to 100.65 restores the system stability.

11. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    I still see them available in the beta driver section.

12. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Well its good that 100.65 keeps your system stable.

Thing is Prime95 is an excellent CPU stress tester its not that good for RAM testing, MEMTEST86 is the way to go for RAM testing.

13. gL1tch

gL1tch Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT @ 490/1180
    3 min after firing up FEAR I get texture corruption and then black screen. Have to restart the game.

This is the is the first set of drivers that have done that for me on Vista x86 with a 7800GT.

These don't look like very stable drivers.

CS:S stress test @ 1280x1024 on my system was 96.8. Lower then the last release from nvidia.

14. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    I'm sorry no one has informed you yet, but the 8800's are already the best thing since sliced bread. These drivers run just as good, if not better than the 100.65's and I have had no problems with either.

15. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    SniperDaws, as Sharoth replied, I have not had problems with my 8800s when the drivers were released, but the 100.65s work best for me versus the current betas.

I just reinstalled the 100.65s and problem solved for now.

16. deity

deity Member

GPU:
    8800GTS
    on my PC dos't matter...sleep hangs PC, only hibernation works
    I think it cause ....http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;929734&x=4&y=12
    --------------
    and why I can't change-zoom picture on my TV? in XP I can do it...

17. Stangs55

Stangs55 Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    Got 2 random BSOD's on a fresh intall last night. As well, the screen started randomly flickering in and out w/the notification that the Driver had stopped working.

It'd be neat if they'd test their drivers on at least one machine before releasing them for us to test them.

8800 GTX SLI

18. marcocom

marcocom Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GX2
    whoa. dont misinform just to make your point dude.

THE WAY TO ENABLE SLI : goto the tab marked Performance and its drilldown is 'Multi-GPU Performance' there u can set SLI (which is not on by default) on and it will require a reboot .

its operating buggy a bit, but it IS the first beta driver for SLI in a new operating system with all new graphic and hardware layer architecture. Having been installing nvidia drivers since v7.x (the TNT2 Ultra and first Geforce) , believe me, this performance you are used to in XP didnt come without years of patience from us.

dont think your the first guy to have no patience and act like the computing world revolves around them.

these arent game consoles here guys...

19. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Wow, I'm glad I did not install these earlier... :p Thanks for the heads up guys.

Mike.

20. Coolit

Coolit Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX OC
    Just installed these and I have mixed feelings about them.

Vista Prem 64bit / 8800GTX

Source games - major speed improvement (fantastic!)
    Quake 4 (ultra settings) - much improved performance here also, still not as smooth as my 2x 7900GTX's under XP.
    BF2142 - Crashes when starting regardless of compatibility settings.
    Celfactor Demo - Still broken, doesnt load properly.

It seems an ok release but I recon they may have removed the link on Nvidia because BF2142 doesn't work with them and its a hell of a popular game.