Latest NVIDIA Windows Vista Driver News!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Archer1978, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    that error 43 whatever i wonder if its related to that thing that asks u whatever everytime u do sumtn turn it off if so

2. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    Nvidia should be committed to 100% on getting there drivers sorted ,instead of trying to bring more products out ,but then we are the fools for still purchasing these products at this moment in time.and for some people to say dont we realise how much in codes they have to write in these new drivers ,well that is no excuse when they are still bringing out new cards

3. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SCC
    It's, at least, nice to see they acknowledge it. HORRIBLE, is more like it. In XP, I'm able to run full EVERYTHING, at 1280x1024, including AF and AA, without any slowdowns. In Vista, I have everything turned down to HALF of what they are in XP, with AF and AA turned completely OFF and it's still total crap.

Really, NVidia is so far behind the curve of where they should be, at this point, it's a bit mind boggling.

4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Duh, well, I think he meant use XP for gaming and Vista for everything else... he said dual boot, i.e run both OS on the same PC.

5. Vern Dias

Vern Dias Member

GPU:
    NVidia 8800GTX, ATI X1950
    Obviously, you haven't tried to use HDMI / HDCP with an ATI X1950 XTX video card and the 7.1 or 7.2 drivers. It's just flat out broken using ATI. At least with NVidia, HDMI / HDCP works properly and supports HD DVD and BD playback.

Vern

6. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    ATI cards don't support DX10 ;-) ...yet...
    Buying an ATI card now would be a bad move, unless you planned on getting another new card in a few months once the DX10 games start to arrive.

7. jaimyp

jaimyp Active Member

GPU:
    Jetway 8800GT 512MB
    Solution for WoW players that want nice graphics like Vista: Install Mac OS X, hacked version :p I get nice dualview support + better framerate on WoW lol

8. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

Didnt know you could play Windows games on Mac OSX :eyes:

9. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SCC
    You can play WOW on a MAC, but you need the MAC client.

10. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    I just started playing WoW again, and it runs superb for me, yes on Vista. ?? :)
    Besides, i would never install the horrible mac os'es. *shiver out of distgust*

11. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    You have GOT to be kidding me , "For applications that use Direct3D on Vista, use the vertical sync setting within the application"??? :behead: HEY NVIDIA!! what if they didn't put that option in their frick'n options menus?? LIKE BF2 and BF2142...and COD2!!
    Are we to expect EA to drop those options in their menus...with a patch!!??

LOL...fat chance of that ever happening!!

If the sound drivers that Creative is working on now don't pay off BIG I'm shelving Vista and going back to XP , this whole thing makes me wanna puke!!

sorry to be such a pecker but this makes me mad , it just doesn't seem right.

12. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    KillerC,
    Maybe nVidia is right and vsync can no longer be enabled through the driver. I'd have to read some additional documentation, but i'm on the brink of exhaustion from school. I know many people are distrustful of nvidia right now, but how about you (or anyone else) look into the WDDM documentation and see if this is true? At least you guys can attempt to game, some of us can't even do that.

13. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX

I wouldn't know what to look for and to tell you the truth I am about to give up on Vista for now.

And I really don't know what to think about nvidia , it may be true and to tell you the truth at this point I don't doubt that it is , but it still sucks and i don't like it.

I really like vista , the new toys and tools are awesome the media center is a sight to behold and works like a charm , but to give up on so many good games and performance , sound and Video quality...just doesn't seem worth it and things arn't looking better....they are looking worse.

I hate to admit it , but I stepped on my pecker this time , I should have waited until my next BIG computer upgrade to get Vista , by then more stuff would have been compatible.

I'm going back to XP tonight , maybe in a few months (or when Crysis comes out :smoke: ) I will reinstall it.

14. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    I'm lucky in that at least i didn't have to pay for Vista Business (from UC Irvine through MSDN). There are so many little things that annoy the hell outta me. I think killing super-fetch may help in the video and audio slow downs that i see. I don't know though, so don't hold me on that...lol. Until a definitive Service guide comes out i'm going to hold out on killing Services.

It's funny that on my ancient laptop, video through WMP is unplayable, but using VLC video runs fine. At least i have the luxury of sitting back and laughing about it, has anyone found any interesting bugs? Like the trash icon disappearing from view (but you can still mouse over it) or temp files becoming visible even when forcing the OS to not show hidden files? Sometimes Explorer slows to a crawl when transferring files (and my drives make the same caching sound that is unique to Vista). Fun stuff!

15. Wintrmte

Wintrmte Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    Actually, the Windows CD also contains the OSX client. :)

16. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

I feel exactly the same way.. but I'll give the next Nvidia drivers one more shot before I revert back to XP, however next drivers that come out I'm going to do a complete reinstall of Vista before using them cause I've had so many blue screens,lockups and Crash to desktop's trying to play games that it prob needs it anyway.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I've just migrated completelly to Vista. So far it works exactly the same as XP. Yes, that also includes games.
    Mwahahaha :p

18. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    your prob lucking out with that 7300 too.. all us 8800 users are pretty much getting poked around with a Vista stick! LOL

19. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

Totally agree with you there! :approval:

20. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    And I believe you!:thumbup:

Tell me , hows that Creative XFi beta driver werk'n out fer ya in BF2....and anything else that needs sound? and that whole Alchemy/OpenAL wrapper thing thats going to replace Directsound....that's a hoot eh??..LOL!!...OH!! and I hope you didn't like V Sync...LOL!!

I'm back to XP and happy I am , things are smooth again. :smoke: Once things are worked out a little better and I hear simple things....like BF2 runs like it should....I will dual boot and give it another try.

Good luck to y'all.