In the mood for an MMORPG ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Richard_Noggin, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    Yeah any suggestions ?

2. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    If you aren't a fan of the pay to play stuff like me, id suggest Guild Wars. There's 3 campaigns out currently: Prophicies, Factions and Nightfall. The campaigns are $50 each, but there's no monthly fees.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  4. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    i thought it was free, ah well.

5. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  6. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    ill pay if its good. which one of guild wars is better for questing as i dont realy like pvp all the time.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just get the original GW. It's like playing any other single player RPG, some storyline and stuff, but you have the option to take some other players along for questing. Good fun and no subscription. Also, WOW, but that's a subscription game. But it's also very good, but different.

8. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    All 3 GW's campaigns are a good mix of PvE and PvP tho Prophicies was hands down the longest of the 3.

9. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    My favorite MMORPG of all time is EVE Online, but it takes a certain type of person to enjoy that game. Some of my friends absolutely hate it.

10. vietxtoker

vietxtoker Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB HR-03 @ 665/2150
    played guild wars for a long time, prophecies and nightfall had the best pve content. just started rappelz couple days ago, the game is pretty fun.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007

11. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    hehe ya great game. My friends hate it as well, it has so much depth though u just gotta put in the time

12. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Would sacred fall under MMORPG? If so that game is cool and no online fees with it.

13. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    I have an extra beta key for LOTR: Online that I could give away.....

14. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Dark Age of Camelot is still the best MMORPG in my opinion. I've tried Guild Wars, WoW, and Asherons Call but none of them were to my liking. You can pick up DAoC with all 5 expansions for $29.99 and it's something like $14.99/month. It has a ton of PvE environments but the main focus of the game is on PvP. For that, there are battlegrounds for every 5 level bracket starting at 1-4 and ending at 40-44. After that, you need to explore the giant frontier zones with dozens of enormous castles and guard towers that you can siege and take control of. They recently redid the exp and regen rates so that you level up about 2x faster and don't need to be sitting for half time you are leveling. The main reason I still play is because of the huge list of available classes totalling a little over 30 I believe.

You can download the trial at www.darkageofcamelot.com and play for free for 14 days. I recently came back and created 2 new accounts on the Gareth cluster(has Ector, Lamorak, and Gareth). I have a level 50 necro for powerleveling and a 2nd account with a 4x Friar being pl'ed by the necro atm. I have a pretty decent amount of cash and old supplies for gurus that join up on that cluster. And if I'm doing a pl session, I can ussually fit 1-2 other people in the group before the xp starts to suffer.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Phantasy Star online Blue burst, not really an mmorpg, but it's a fun orpg to play. Since Sega is closing the server sooner or later, one person has a server out that's free. :D I can give you the addy for it if you need it.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Also, Phantasy Star Online has recently been given out for free on the dreamcast if your interested.

17. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That's only episode 1, and not as much iteams and content as BB or GCN or Xbox.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There's episode 2 on the dreamcast as well.

But hey, it's free, I wouldn't complain at a free MMO (this one is set apart from the normal free MMO's in that, it wasn't originally free, so it won't suck).

19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Nope, that's version 2, which only has more items, and ultimate mode. Episode 2 was released on GCN, then ported to Xbox, then ported to PC onto BB in that order.

20. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    Linage II *cough* Private Servers... L2j is legal you know:flip2: :flip2: