100.65 WHQL, Vista + Geforce 8xxx series.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Roccer, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    lol its pretty pointless to talk about BF2 or BF2042 problems, damn that game has nothing but problems every time you change drivers. Even if the drivers themselves are perfect, someone will have a problem with the BF2 engine, so why even bother talking about it still? :p

2. cvroy

cvroy Member

These drivers are horrible, worst yet :(

every game I play runs smooth for about 30 seconds to one minute, then goes all choppy like I'm running an old diamond stealth 3D card HAHHAHAHA! Well, not that funny since I want to play, but seriously I have always been a die hard Nvidia fan, but this is getting really bad. ATI may be my next stop... BAH I thought I'd never say that.

Games it does this with: UT2004, Serious Sam 2, PainKiller.

3. mtmouse

mtmouse Member

GPU:
    2 280gtx water cooled

Oh you wanted to know if it worked........ lol Sorry, I forgot to say that it does not work yet......

4. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I havent even tried these yet because i know its pointless.Without any overclocking or other control panel properties ,its not even worth installing them.I can never remember drivers being this bad with the start of any os.Nvidia must of fell into a trance when vista was being worked on for the last 5 years.

5. SynAgent005

SynAgent005 Banned

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX
    Die hard gamers will stick with Windows XP.

6. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    guys, anybody tried SLi on these new drivers ? with 7 series cards ???

7. cvroy

cvroy Member

for now, but not when the DX10 games come out... unless the drivers are still getting worse on the Nvidia cards. Then no one will buy the DX10 games because they'll run like crap anyhoo... poo!

I hope they release a miracle set shortly or as soon as my tax return comes back I'm buying ATI's latest and greatest.

Very strange, I tried the Vista Beta RC2 and the drivers then ran games like butter... Where the hell did it all go wrong??? :frown:

8. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    q, to all who own an 8800GTX, are most of the games working??? like CoD2, R6Vegas, HL2, dark messiah MM....

because with 100.59 and 100.64 no go at the moment.

are they working better than the last two driver versions?

thx

9. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Lol, I was answering hitman-47's question about OCing. I know it doesn't work. Now its a bit worrying since this means unless you bios mod, they can now effectively prevent ppl from OCing.

10. davoodking

davoodking New Member

GPU:
    6600/256
    problem in driver 100.65 for ncvlpui.exe please help
    nvidia contorol panel applaction 1.4.1.1

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007

11. StaticNYC

StaticNYC New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    these were not WHQL certified for me either(at least according to Vista). 3dmark06 I get same scores as earlier drivers so far..I'll posts any other changes I find.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Bud depending on his PC specs...drivers installed...and apps running...it can be the drivers. Its not his PSU. Drivers will act different in every system at times. He isnt doing something wrong...just something isnt getting along. If it worked fine in XP and not in Vista...PSU has nothing to do with it.

Also its not a case of who builds what better...why even compare like that...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

You're absolutely right GhostXL, anyone whos been in drivers forums long enough knows that by now. Way way too many people get different experiences with drivers, too many variables involving hardware, software, system configs that can affect driver behaviour. To simply say its the PSU because their drivers works in their rig while someone elses doesnt is absurd.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In a few minutes I'll replace the binaries with new versions I received from a manufacturer. These should have better WHQL support !

15. rippance

rippance Member

GPU:
    Club3D 8800GTS 640
    All the digital vibrance stuff etc works now, which is quite alright.
    Tho I just decided to quit Vista and stick with XP again :p

16. thecow2

thecow2 New Member

GPU:
    8800GT SLI
    installation 100.65

Anybody else have problems with the installation of these finishing properly. The progress bar hangs at about halfway but after stopping it with task manager it seems that the install finished. Can't tell any difference between these and the 100.64's.

17. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Anything else replaced? If it's only for WHQL I don't mind downloading them again.

18. GM AC

GM AC Member

These should be published officially soon. You don't get WHQL for a driver set to hide it.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Still there is like fast chessboard after returning from black shadow screen.

when UAC is active in AERO Theme , go to Device Manager and when it ask you to approve this act (the screen goes darker), after you click ok there is fast chess board kinda thing that only take less then a second. i will tell nvidia again.

100.65 Does show in their site . i can see it when posting a bug about vista

20. xgman

xgman Master Guru

GPU:
    8800gt
    Nvidia is really hitting bottom. Time for them to check into rehab and just start over.