nvidia vista 100.64 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DYNOMO, Feb 13, 2007.

1. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    SLI users are approximately only 5% of the customer base, so it's not a big priority. A lot of people are having problems getting a single card working, period. So getting 5% of the users doing some h4rdc0r3 gaming with SLI isn't important for most of us. Some folks can't even get the desktop to work.

2. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Overclocking works in this release?

3. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    No, I'm afraid not :frown:

4. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    When overclocking will be aviable??? My 8800 works fine at 660/2200 so i will not use vista without overclocking... I prefer use xp with overclocking

5. pabster

pabster Member

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    Not that I'm aware of.

nVidia has really dropped the ball with drivers. 100.64 is abysmal, just like the previous ones. Text still flashes wildly in some titles (including the great MS Poker Game) and nTune still does not work. In fact, it doesn't even install on x64.

Performance is terrible, half the features don't work, and this "beta" nonsense is getting ridiculous. Then again, the XP 97.xx drivers weren't anything to write home about, either. But at least the basic card features worked.

6. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Dont expect a good working driver till 8900 GTX comes out.Their saving the driver for the R600 killer.:heh:

7. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS/7600 GS/256 MB
    At least ATi has very good drivers compared to these. The only thing I want is that PureVideo support so the videos would look great.

8. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070

hmm, havent had any problems with my card on xp or vista, im currently running vista atm and no problems. are you running vista and xp n the same pc, or are you moving the card to different computers? the only time i ever had an explanation mark (!) with a video card after it installed the drivers was because of the lack of power, found out i didnt have my power hooked up to the card, though not enough power could be the problem too. but since you say you have no problems with it on xp which im assuming youre running o the same pc, then i dont know what else your problem could be. good luck

9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

Purevideo and anything that has nothing to do with games works fine on my computer in vista.Its games that suck.

10. myzar

myzar Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600gt AGP
    Yeah as i said before dunno why are they wasting their time for sli for 8800 users when the basic driver sucks majorly, wmv acceleration doesn't work , it crashes randomly and thx god a driver crash doesn't bsod vista. Let's not even start with that piece of utter thrash called control panel where half of the options don't work.

Note to nvidia: first you get your basic S**T working then you waste your time for 4/5% of your users

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007

11. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    You have an 8800 and refuse to use Vista until you can overclock? Holy moly.

12. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    Ya, I've had no need to overclock my GPU. I'm already getting 50+ fps in Oblivion with maxed settings and high res textures, even at 1680x1050. The only time the game slows down is when it's loading new textures, and then it just momentarily drops to 20 fps. Which used to be the max fps I'd get on my 6600GT with mininum settings. I'm sure in 2 years I'll be overclocking my 8800 and jealous of all those guys running their ATI X3800's. But until then...

13. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Yeah i thought the same thing.$600 CARDS and they need to overclock?Only people like me that need to overclock that have 7 series and 6 series cards.iF I PAID $600 and i couldnt play a game without overclocking I would be pissed!Especially when the card is newer than the game.:frown:

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    well i dont actaully know, i have Vista Retail Original Cd key, a friend gave me cd key from Technet so this vista is Real Geniue.

I just got it from windows update, i dont think you can get it from somewhere place.

[QUOTE="Digital Vibrance" works great.. Dreamscene cpu is at the highest 10%.. must be what your useing.. Scene[/QUOTE]

How digital Vibrance works? for GF8800 or 7000 or 6000?

because they said no digital vibrance support.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  15. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I cant remember ever using digital vibrance on any card i ever owned for any reason?

16. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    like u wrote. q, what is it anyway??? what is it good for???

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    The drivers seemed to have calmed down the choppy playing in BF2 during the first 20mins of playing.. it was horrible before.. but its not that bad now. So far so good.. IQ on desktop looks crisp still with no major issues. I still have a C2D from time to time but I think thats a conflict of alot of things like when I load a map and hold down the shift button ???? Strange... but for graphics 2D and 3D it looks better.

18. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    there has been no release or discussion from Nvidia of a released card beyond the 8800GTX as of now. You prob won't see anything till the end of the year or later.

19. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    Driver works better than the old ones. no big performance boost, but it works with less graphical errors for me

20. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

The 8900 is being released at the time the R600 is being released.:heh:

NVIDIA GeForce 8900GTX will have 25% more shaders than predecessor

NVIDIA's "ace-in-the-hole" is not a driver tweak: it's an unlocking of the G80 core. While the current offerings from NVIDIA using the G80 core, the 8800GTS and the 8800GTX, use an already impressive 96/128 unified shaders, respecfully, NVIDIA claims the G80 shipped with more. NVIDIA says that they will make the 8900GTX have 25% more shaders than the 8800GTX, meaning NVIDIA's DirectX 10 offering will have 160 shaders at it's disposal. The unlocked G80 core can be clocked at no higher than 630MHz on air, and 680MHz on water (according to NVIDIA). The Inquirer is guessing that this monster card will ship around the same time as ATI's R600.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007