Restructuring the CSS Division

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Potyondi, Feb 13, 2007.

?

Split the CSS Div in two?

1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I need more information before deciding.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    Now that solarcurve has been banned, hopefully we can get back to the fun clan Guru3D used to be.

Here's the idea:
    We are thinking of splitting up the CSS Division into two sections. One for serious CAL gaming, and the other for fun/laid back gaming. Lately, the members who have just wanted to play a fun game rather than competing in tournaments have been left behind. The CSS Division was too focused on tournaments and winning, and as a result we all became stressed out.

Hopefully this will allow the serious players to continue their CAL gaming while also giving the more casual members a chance to kick back and relax with a good game of CSS. If the majority of members want this, we will be needing Division Leaders for the fun section. The CAL section would carry on with its current leaders (Satan and Makubex).

Thoughts? Share them. Vote!

2. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Guest

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    If you vote "need more information before deciding" or if you are wondering this but have not yet voted, please contact either Potyondi or I for more information about this poll and we will be more than happy to explain things! :)

3. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I acctually thought that that was how it worked right now :p

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Sounds good to me!

5. Steroids

Steroids Master Guru

GPU:
    #justdecoration
    I understand the reasoning for this matter, but I believe this would cause things to become even crazier than they are. Lately, our clan has been CAL intensive, but I don't mind this because I honestly need the practice for each weekly CAL match. However, I also understand that casual players are often left out, and I don't want them to feel left out. However, if we are practicing on our server, the casual players will have no where to play. So if we were to split the division, would we have to possible buy 2 additional servers? The servers would be: CAL Pub, Casual Pub, and CAL match. Now this might not be necessary but if we were to keep one server, and split the CSS division, the casual players would still feel left out. This is why I voted, "No!", but I would like more info. on this topic. Thanks

Steroids
    CSS Division

6. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Do you guys never play for fun? I don't see why the server couldn't be shared... When you have a compitition those not involved can step out...

I voted yes... but if there are more people who want to compete and don't just want to have a fun game with other guru's then I will play something else...

I respect the fact that there are some that want to compete, but I don't understand why things had to be so serious all the time...

7. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    me and logic have been discussing this change for along time or the problems that may be solved by a change like this.im very happy to see a change like this finally because as many people who have played with me know that i play with absolutely only fun in mind but not like annoying fun...and i play decently(well at least i think im ok) and playing with logic is always fun but then sometimes it gets too intense and people are always calling others noobs and feel that they are too good to play with us.
    also if there is a 2nd division i would definetly have logic be the leader of the more relaxed division cause he is a good player but hes also very fun to play with.

8. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Guest

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    I'll bet there will be lots more people playing for fun now than for CAL :)

The reason i think this is a good idea is that communication between players and leaders will be strengthened, leaders will not have to cater for everyone, and they can concentrate on getting better and having more fun!

@Steroids, i think getting 3 servers is probably a little extreme, we are all still part of guru3d, we should still get along with each other, theres no reason why we can't all be on the same server at the same time. We will just be there for different purposes. This way, those not in CAL do not have to worry about making impressions or playing their best all the time, and can enjoy small clan wars with other clans out there for fun! Those in CAL do not have to worry about organising anything for people in the fun side, and can get their heads down and practice for the tournament! :)

ps. sorry to all for some of my posts on the forum :O

pps. link, surfing was fun yesterday :D

9. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    yeah was fun... been playing this game for a while now and never played a surf game before... :p

I agree... I don't see why everyone can't share a server and communicate like a team... :(

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    If you kick out solar from the css division, I'm leaving tbh. There were only 3 people able to compete at a proper level in the css division, those were, me, solar and makubex.

It's nothing personal but alot of u simply don't have what it takes, if you keep it up, you'll be good enough in a year from now but you ain't CAL material now, and that's what counts.

I was under the impression some people wanted this clan to mean something and become competitive, if you can't handle the stress, well sry but then why be in a clan. Clans are about competing and points, get over it.

11. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    This is exactly what I am talking about... That's not what clans are for everybody...

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well the main point of a clan is to play in competition, if not, just be a group of people that plays games with eachother. We got people that play for fun here in belgium, they're called her0 mix, it's not a clan but they have an irc channel and they just play pcw's for fun.

People that play for fun just hold back the ones playing "for real".

13. Steroids

Steroids Master Guru

GPU:
    #justdecoration
    From my post, I didn't doubt the fact that we could still communicate as a clan. However, if any of have played with us recently, a lot of our players are gaining skill quickly, and we could definietly be a strong team in CAL if we keep up the practice. I'm sorry to casual players, but clans and CAL preparation are both stressful in their own right. We could probably share the server, and as Logic said, we would be in there for different reasons. It just truly sucks that so many problems have happened in the past week, with Solar leaving, and corrupt possibly leaving. Both players were instrumental to our success in CAL, and I don't mean to sound like a CAL hoe, but CAL is what nearly every player dreams about. Some people have different dreams, and I respect that, but hopefully this split will work. If not, we have a lot of work to do.

14. joens

joens Member Guru

GPU:
    ?
    yah same here corrupt im out hope to see u guys somewhere else gaming its been fun but all things have to come to an end

Joens

15. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Well I tell you what then... how about those of us who "play for fun" (who also happen to have been playing here the longest) go somewhere else and let you "non-fun" people have your cal competitions...

To everyone else... Sorry... I don't get snippy in my posts... But I and others like me who have been part of these forums for over a year... Have been doing just that... playing for fun... And it is very frustrating for others who came in from other places to come in and say we are "holding back the real people"...

I can't belive people can't get along and play a fun game together... It's a damn shame... :(

16. Steroids

Steroids Master Guru

GPU:
    #justdecoration
    See ya Joens :cry:

17. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Guest

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    This is exactly why putting the css div. into 2 parts will benefit everyone. Not everyone is a killing machine in css, not everyone can be fantastic, but diversity really is a key point in Guru3d, and tbh I'd like to keep it that way if i can help it.

Ok, that is your opinion, but i think you will find there are a lot more people who in are clans for other reasons than points.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Show me and I might not leave, I'd stay if it's worth it.

19. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    WAIT! WHAT?! Where is joens going!?

20. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Guest

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    Why are you so obsessed about people playing good? :(