New 8800 vista drivers due soon

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aleicgrant, Jan 26, 2007.

1. harpyboy

harpyboy Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640MB
    someone better leak this before 30th... i can't wait !

2. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Will the new driver have all the features for color and adjusting the desktop size? I'll be pretty pissed if these features don’t work or are not included.

I have been suffering on Windows XP with 2 Issues see below

In Windows XP I am stuck using the 96.84 drivers due to the fact that they are the only version that support adjusting the desktop to fit the HDTV properly all other versions 97.44 and above have problems you set the setting to compensate for the over scan of the television and nothing happens. There for I have a big over scan issue.

Other problem is video color its basically all red you go into the control panel and have to select this check mark not to use color optimizations.

I have formatted clean and used the latest driver so it was not an OS issue it’s a driver issue.

So the question is does 100.30 in vista support or can properly adjusted the desktop to compensate for the over scan and does anyone know if the new driver that is being release in a couple of days will have this feature.

Please to god I hope they do for i only use my pc with my HDTV i dont have a monitor any more i sold my LCD cuz it was just better on the TV
    [​IMG]

3. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    vista been out for a few days in uk

4. Massyboy

Massyboy Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Indeed-my copy was delivered on Monday altho I've been using it since Nov :D

5. Waylander

Waylander Guest

cool, maybe mine will arrive early too....

who'd you order it from?

6. Massyboy

Massyboy Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Overclockers-OEM version £140 delivered

7. Waylander

Waylander Guest

getting mine from Aria, x64 Ultimate OEM, £130 delivered.. :cheers:

8. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    I hope you people realize that if you buy an OEM version you will only get one license...
    That means that whenever you change your motherboard, or possibly even graphics card, your license will be spent, and you'll have to buy ANOTHER one.
    Thats why OEM versions are so cheap, they arent meant for normal use..
    Try not to cry if u already paid for it :D

Anyways, what the heck did they mean in the last paragraph, working with microsoft to get a dx10 driver out asap??
    Will there be one 100.60 (whatever number, the 54 was the beta one before 30'th of january remember) for standard use and one 100.60DX10 (for example) for dx10 use?? I dont get it? Seperate drivers?
    Or did they just mean that pure dx10 support, driverwise, wont come for a few weeks?

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    probably that even though current hardware supports DX10, current drivers don't have the ability to use it yet. possibly the reason why there still hasn't been a DX10 patch for Flight Simulator X yet..... dunno.

10. tupelo20

tupelo20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SSC in SLI
    Mine is up and running

Vista Ultimate OEM 64 bit bought at central point (NL)
    delivered at € 150,-

But Anyway this is the last time I wil be an early adaptor for new NVidia hardware.

They make great stuff, but have got no clue what it means to people who spend their hard saved money on a Highend VGA card.
    And don't have proper supported drivers in XP and Vista

That by the comments given isn't even at XP funcional level.
    What are high framerates with corrupt visional elements.

11. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB

Stop spreading bull , OEM does not mean you cant change parts after a certain number of activations you will need to call is all, and you just tell them you had a virus and you reinstalled your OS and they activate it , it was all ready stated by MS they backed off on this subject all ready.

12. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    hopefully these drivers help out with Rainbow Six Vegas under Vista. runs flawlessly in XP, but under Vista, while still very playable, my roomate and I (both have vista bis. thnx to colleges' MSDNAA deal) get the occasional black flash on the screen and there is a noticable frame rate differences between the two OSs. definately a driver issue and not OS issue tho.

BF2 runs fine (after i had to tell it to run as admin since i was getting a stupid punkbuster OS privilage error).

and while off topic, suprisingly, the beta creative x-fi drivers are working quite well for me. which means in a few days my sound card will probably explode or something.

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Please people, if you get a hold of the new 100.54 drivers, post links ASAP!!! :) Thx... i want to try these out!! As do you i guess... :)

14. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    One good thing is that the prices are dropping on the 8800s everywhere so by the time they have a working driver ill get a 8800gtx for $400.:cheers:

15. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Yes like he said, "leak them NOW" ! Or the Gods will steal yer dog !

16. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Ditto, never had a problem with them. Tough in Sword of The Stars the sound fails to reset to "stereo" after a 5.1 combat, so only sound from the front speakers :/

17. SwampNutz

SwampNutz New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 768
    I get black flashing in Rainbow Six Vegas as well. It got bad enough that I went back to XP. Creative drivers are **** at the moment as well. I just don't understand how they can timebomb a driver that actually worked well and force people to deal with truly crappy ass drivers instead. We willl have drivers when Vista launches but that in no way guarantees performance or stability. It should but in practice it just doesn't. I'll try to remain optomistic.

18. drpeppir

drpeppir New Member

GPU:
    2x G80 SLi
    So where are these drivers anyways its already been a day and it was supposed to be leaked in a few hours.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    tupelo: a) i've not had a single issue with the latest release of XP drivers for the 8-series cards..... not even in Rainbow Six: Vegas. b) why the hell are you complaining so much!!!! this has been said now in probably a few dozen threads here on Guru3D alone..... NVidia released a brand new line of video cards 2 months before a brand new OS was to be released. in that time, you really expect them to get the greatest possible drivers ever out and released for both OS's within days? keep dreaming buddy. they even said that the driver set that's expected on the 30th will still be beta drivers with only basic support for SLI. They're probably working their tails off to satisfy both those that are going to stay with XP for a bit, and those who are going to move to Vista at the same time. B*tching about it 24/7 isn't gonna help that fact. I'm sure if ATI had a brand new card released right at the same time as the 8-series, using a whole new shader system (shader processors instead of pixel and vertex shaders), they'd probably be up the same creek with just as short of a paddle.

20. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Their Fakes.:zap: