Official - XBOX360 vs PS3 vs Wii vs PC talk goes here

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by zhackore, Jan 14, 2007.

1. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Let the flame begin.

inevidably this thread will rear its ugly head, so at least lets let all the people who must really make everyone know "how much better their toy is" have a place to put it.

I'll throw the 1st salvo, 360 pwns PS3 why? BECAUSE.

plz Sticky.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    lmao, this is going to be sooo bad. >.<

But yes, the 360 (and Wii) > PS3

3. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I'm curious to see if anyone will still seriously partake in this thread. Anyone who does is a fool :p

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Im not going to say anything about console in this thread :p

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    all i can say is sales and availability say it all.... and right now..... Wii is completely out of stock while most stores have PS3's in stock.... and 360's already sold a few million units, Wii has sold i believe at least 1.5 million units.... PS3 didn't come close to 1 million units sold. Like it's been said by the head of Atari.... Sony shot themselves in the foot by adding BluRay to the PS3.

6. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    ZOMG YOU GUYS ARE NOOBS PC ARE T3H B3st3st.! Consoles suckzorz.

And nintendo > Microsoft + Sony.

7. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Wii>PS3
    360>PS3
    PC>PS3
    Wii = incomparable
    PC = 07 Revolution
    360 = Decent

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ....that too.

you might also be able to say PS2 > PS3.... since there's still quite a few games due out for PS2, and next to none for PS3.

9. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    PC, anyone who disagrees doesnt have a computer... a good one

10. DJ Spoonfed

DJ Spoonfed Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7800 GT
    I have a computer and a 360. To be honest, I use the console more for gaming 'cause it's a lot more comfortable and fun to sit in my living room than it is to sit at a desk. Besides, the graphics on these new consoles are hella good, and close enough to those on the computer for the differences to be pretty superficial. I also like the fact that if I get a console game, I know it's going to work. I can turn it on, and play. With a computer game, I've got to set it up. Tell it what kind of peripherals I have, optimize all the settings to make sure I'm getting the best experience I can get, and suddenly my first 30 minutes with the game has been spent in the menu screen.

I think Microsoft has really got a good platform going with the 360. Xbox Live, despite the fact that you have to pay for it, is a really convenient service. It could use some tweaks here and there but for the most part, it works great; something that neither Sony or Nintendo have been able to get working. I even like the simplicity that Live offers over PC Gaming, and how it's working to set up an online community of sorts, and the fact that EVERY game has voice chat that basically works to an extent. Halo 2 in particular, with it's ProxVoice or ProxChat or whatever they called it blew me away, and how WELL it worked in making communication an important part of the game. The downloadable content is cool, although I do feel that they're nickel and diming people with it (NFS Carbon was selling car packages so that you wouldn't have to finish the game to have the pimped out cars right off the bat: made me frakkin' sick!)

However, I do want a Wii as well later on 'cause I think the WiiMote is a helluva cool controller, and when games start coming out that REALLY capitalize on what it can do, it's gonna change the way we play games entirely, and that's kinda exciting, I think.

PS3 is too damned expensive, no longer has a monopoly on good developers, and I've ALWAYS hated the Dual-Shock controller.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess...

11. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Games wise:

Nintendo > Sony and Microsoft.

12. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
  13. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Then slips and falls in it's own ****.

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    PC. Buying console is like buying HP's (or Dells, etc) PC... You can't say what you wan't, it's just ready package with parts what you don't wan't.

15. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    They're all amazing stuff, they all have their weaknesses and short comings,
    It's a matter of which one you prefer prioritizing the most to accommodate your mood by..
    They all have stunning products to show off , We cant say what is or should be labeled as the best..that's short sighted and it’s nothing more then trying to find errors on perspective..

Personal opinions are worth keeping inside then on the outside, it’s the same as why people buy or like different colors and the same as why they like different haircuts…
    Some people like Mario and some like Sonic….what does that prove..
    You like your PC more than your console or your console’s more important to you then your PC…there’s no need to be loud about it…it’s normal…
    Then we start talking about hardware , trying to pin down the other knowingly to suffocate their perspective or to have them choke on it…it’s more to do with the idea of pleasing yourself of being right then actually trying to convince the other of giving the other a chance…
    It come down to giving chances , the markets been doing that already…they’re already giving all four segments a chance of doing what they’ve always tried to do best…ever wondered why they’ve all survived ?

16. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    I like pie.

17. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    What a coincidence! Me too!

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    See, mine is better than yours and I still love my 360...

19. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    LOL

Spam thread now

the PC will always be better as its a fact all tech is from computer

20. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    My 360 is certainly "better" then my PC in terms of graphics and sound, but only until I upgrade the parts inside my PC. On a long enough timeline "PC's" will be more powerful then any console. Of course atm Gears of War is probably the best looking game out there on any platform including PC and at a price thats just right! *cheesy smile*

;)

Matter of the fact is a 360 (and PS3) *is* generally more powerful then most people's PC's and will amost certainly produce better results then most PC's becuase it is a closed standard and can be fully optimised for. Look at Halo 2 running on a GeForce 3 in the Xbox, or GT HD on a cut down 7800 on the PS3.

I only use my PC for emulators and WoW these days, I do all my other gaming on my 360 and Wii and I am currently waiting for the PS3 to drop in price so I will be ready for GT5 (and spend hours playing GT HD) and hopefully Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection.

And of course Final Fantasy XIII. :D

There is a place for all of them imo and I dont intend to miss anything major.

But in the spirit of this thread and all threads like it:

LOLZ OMG THE PS3 OWNZ EVERYTHING LAWL!