Temperature CPU in OSD

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by 790, Dec 21, 2006.

1. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    Glad to hear that.

Now if anyone could test it with Quad Core...

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Very nice. I'll put this in my pocket until needed.
    Thanks

3. Paul Mathews

Paul Mathews New Member

Coool now to test it if RivaTuner will let me :(

4. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Thanks for the CORE2 plugin!!! I've been looking for an app that would graph my cpu temps! RivaTuner kicksarse :)

5. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Big Thanks.

Works great.

6. Bobas007

Bobas007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti
    Work fine! May I suggest a new work for You?
    C2DClock plugin? :)

7. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    There is already a CPU plugin which shows CPU frequency.

8. christof6

christof6 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 GTX
    Nice, but i have a Question : the temperature for the cpu in asus PCII Probe is 6 Degrees Celsius lower, why ?
    Asus P5W DH + core 2 duo 6600

9. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    Well I have some questions too:

1. Which sensor does PCII Probe read?
    2. What readings you get with Coretemp?

10. christof6

christof6 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 GTX
    1. I suppose that the sensor is integrated into the motherboard itself

2. The same values as in riva tuner

11. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    Well, does that answer your initial question? ;-)

12. christof6

christof6 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 GTX
    Yes. Thank you.

13. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Actually, this plugin read's both the cores, there's also the matter of the CPU tempurator aswell. Use everest ultimate or whatever and you'll find that the core tempuratures are always higher than the CPU tempurature. I'm not quite sure about this main CPU tempurature, where it's located on the CPU, but my best guess is probably somewhere between the heat spreader and the CPU, or in the heatspreader itself. ATM I'm running 100% on both cores, one core reads 56 degrees, the other reads 54 degrees, however the single CPU tempurature reads 44 degrees. And yes, this single CPU temp goes up and down with the 2 core temps.

It would be nice to include this main CPU tempurature aswell, as it's what most people use to describe their CPU temps.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  14. HisN

HisN Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Thx for this little one, but it refuses to work for me. Did someone of you get it working with Rivatuner 2.0 and Windows XP Professional 64bit? By double-clicking this file the rivatuner crashes.

€: Tryed it with V1.6 of Rivatuner. Same thing. Rivatuner Crashes on double clicking the Plugin.
    €2: Forget about all what I have said, works great, hat a broken download (95 instaed of 96kb)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  15. Power Computer

Power Computer New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Superb Plugin, But....

Hi!

Thanks for the Plugin.

Hey Levicki, Laykun is right, you could do something like that? (Main CPU Temperature monitoring too, not only the core temperatures).

One Greeting

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007

16. samov

samov Master Guru

GPU:
    mobility x1600 256
    there are already a lot of apps that do that (among other things)

MobileMeter
    RMClock
    SpeedFAN
    Notebook Hardware Control

17. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    Sigh... why is it so hard for some people to read?

Core temperature is the temperature in the core. It is the most accurate reading you can have. Period.. Why would anyone want another reading which is taken from the cooler part of the chip from a diode which is not on a CPU die itself?

As I said, that other temperature reading would require me to write one reading function for each type of super I/O chip (ITE, Winbond, EMC, AD, etc) and to calibrate it against various motherboards which is what Motherboard Monitor or SpeedFan do. I am sorry but I really don't have time for that especially when I think it is a waste of time.

Finally thanks to everyone who dropped by and said thanks.

18. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    For comparison with other peoples tempuratures of course. Some one may want to compare his temp with someone elses on the web to find out if it's normal or not ( seeing as how it's the most common way of telling the temp, although like you said, not the most accurate ) would be very useful.

But I am still greatful for the excellent plugin that you made, it's fantastic for monitoring tempuratures, and I'm sure if you don't have the time to code temp monitor for the Temp I/O chips, some one else probably will.

19. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    According to Intel documentation that other temperature people use for comparison can be up to 15°C off from the correct reading.
    Also, if you want to compare temperatures it doesn't make sense to compare Core 2 Duo temperature with say Pentium D 8xx or Pentium 6xx series. There are differences in manufacturing process, TDP, cooling solution, and on top of that each CPU has individually calibrated thermal diode.

So, anyone worried about Core 2 Duo temperature should make sure that core temperature does not cross Tjmax (which is either 85°C or 100°C, you can find yours using Coretemp) because that is where the CPU starts throttling and if it can't cool down fast enough it will perform thermal shutdown.

Anyone is welcome to try but be prepared for the enormous amount of work and a lifetime of answering questions like "your stupid plugin doesn't read temperature correctly from my hardware monitoring chip OPQ on my mainboard model RST from manufacturer UVW and program XYZ does, when will you fix it?".

20. ilpanos

ilpanos New Member

GPU:
    Albatron 7900GT 256 MB
    The plugin doesn't show the correct temps of the intel E4300. The same bug exists at the "core temp" prog, but according to this: http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=203 , the next version will read the core temp correctly. Can you make this riva tuner plugin read the right temps? Because right now, only intel's TAT works right.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007