GT HD Jesus Christ !...It's like real sh**

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GenerationGXX, Dec 24, 2006.

1. mason666

mason666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB
    For a start I was only messing, and I'm well aware of Crysis and I don't think the graphics are much if at all better.
    As soon as I have my 8800 personally I'd say I have a good rig but doesn't mean I'm not willing to admit that currently the best graphics of any games are both on consoles. Gears of War on 360 and GT:HD on PS3.
    Ofcourse this will change as DX10 matures and so on but I'm just happy to see the PS3 delivering on some of it's promises as it took so much flak in it's run up to launch, and like it or not you have to admit for the hardware running GT:HD it looks amazing, a very high end rig doesn't deliver graphics anywhere near that in say GTR2 or rFactor.

P.s I'll edit because calling people ignorant was obviously OTT.

2. mason666

mason666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB
    You fail to realise I'm a PC Gamer myself so I can slate them as much as I want cause it's as much of a dig at myself. Difference is I don't feel I have to flame consoles because my PC's more powerful, it still doesn't make many games look as good as what the PS3 and 360 are doing now. Take Rainbow 6 Vegas for example and SC DA both look better on 360 than high end rigs using sli/crossfire.

I'm not saying PS3 is better or 360, just that I hate how some PC gamers can be so narrow minded.

3. Makashi_Menace

Makashi_Menace Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 7600GT-TDH (256 DDR3)
    I agree! Not everyone has the cash to fork out for a PC hardware upgrade every few months. It irritates me even more, when I look at some of the pc-supporter's profiles and they are only 16 years old and they already have top of the line rigs, and are constantly boasting about getting the latest hardware.... Rich brats always make everything sound so easy! (Anyway, this is only directed at young brats who ask easy money from their parents for upgrades! For those who earn their own money, no offense intended!)

Why don't people just play whatever suits them the best (graphically, financially, whatever)....

If you happen to have more cash, then buy both the consoles AND the pc, so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds!

This whole "Console VS Pc" debate reminds me of the ancient Cambridge 'O' Levels examination papers, where the candidate must only pick 1 answer out of the 4 choices.... Ahhhh the memories:smile:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  4. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    I like how the PS3 will save me spending too much money and wasting time (tweaking vista for instance).

I also like how I will be able to use my logitech keyboard+mouse on a PS3 to play fps games.

screenshots are wonderfull! Looking foreward to fun multiplayer with mates.

5. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    That would be the lazy coders fault;).

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    sorry i haven't checked back at this thread since my first post in it.... but GenerationGXX... i just had to point this out. you say that Crysis is just another FPS with a pretty new shell? isn't that what every single racing, sports, and fighting/boxing game is? hell.... i haven't seen ANY game completely shatter the rules and boundaries of it's predecessor. The thing that matters the most is gameplay and replay value of the games. for that... i think Wii wins hands down. i wouldn't want to pay $500-600 for a PS3 with it's $60 games to find out that i bought a game i'll play through once in a week or two and never play again.

BlueStinger: if your other post was asking what Eric meant by there not being as much detail in a racing game as there is in an FPS.... it should be pretty obvious. racing games mostly have to focus on the track and your car. it's not like you drive through the city with tons of people and huge skyscrapers to render. hell... they barely have to render anything past the edge of the track. FPS's on the other hand have Cities.... dense jungles, complex buildings.... stuff like that to render, requiring a lot more power, hence the higher cost to the consumer. but i can guarantee that GT HD isn't going to be the greatest looking game by the time the full version hits the shelves. by then Crysis might even be out. I hate referring to the same game everyone else does..... but it's a pretty well known game throught... well.... just about EVERYWHERE, and people know it's gonna rock. another game i'm lookin forward to is UT2k7.

7. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    lol pc vs console wars..... tools.

8. ss8541ss

ss8541ss Active Member

GPU:
    5870 ati x 2
    this really is an unfair debate. no one has even touched on the fact that console games are made specifically for one console/one set-up. whereas, pc games are made for 15 different vid cards...20 different proc's, 10 different mem set-ups..etc. have a game developer make one game specifically for one pc set-up and then you can compare the two. with that said, gt hd looks awsome but last I heard on gamespot was that the demo was all that will be released. here is a quote, "Polyphony Digital's PlayStation 3 driving sim will only be released in free downloadable demo form in Japan; no word on game's US fate." doesn't sound good though.

9. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    damn i think i just creamed my pants...seriously thats insane

yeah i play my wii and 360 on a 42" plasma that we just bought...reeal tough ****

10. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    It's stupid to have a PC vs consoles war... Each machine's price reflects the features of the machine. Allow me to elaborate: An Xbox 360 costs ~400€ because it's only good for playing games. A PS3 costs ~600€ because it has Blu-ray. A high-end PC costs 2000€ because with it, you can:

-Play games (and mod & customize them)

-Surf the net

-Use programs for way too many purposes for me to list. Some examples:
    • Conduct video editing
    • Listen to music
    • Edit music
    • Photoshop
    • Make free phone calls (skype)
    • Use "chat programs" such as MSN

-Download hundreds of GB's of music/games/videos/software illegally and have a collection of the aforementioned that'd be worth thousands (making up for the cost of your PC if we hypothetically count the value in money ;))

So all in all, it really just comes down to preference, a word that is quickly forgotten when some biased PC/console fanboy goes on a futile rant just to prove himself right, and justify his behaviour by means of making others feel bad. Shame on you..

11. kamikaze666

kamikaze666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 8800gts 320 MB @ 575/1700
    you can buy yourself a cheap PC to do yer surfing/dloading **** and buy an xbox and you still cheaper than an high-end PC.

12. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Right, and I'm assuming you'll be doing video editing with that cheap PC as well then, correct? Face it: This argument is futile.

EDIT: And besides, to get anything out of the Xbox 360 / PS3 (graphics-wise, since this seems to be so commonly debated..) you'd need an HDTV costing more than all the 3 consoles together.

13. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Well first of all, i am a complete PC fanboy, no point denying it. But the fact is, waaay more money is pumped into consoles games than with pc. Its unfortunate for us but true. so they are no doubt going to see the better looking games coming from that side:mad4:. And us pc guys keep pointing fingers at crysis as a defense, buts its just one game isnt it. this isnt set in stone of course (step up oblivion and some others) but with 360 and ps3 around its gonna be a tough battle for the pc games, well just have to hope DX10 takes off and kicks ass lol:)

On topic: That is an amazing looking game, so lifelike, when i saw the pics i thought you had just posted pics of real cars only, very nice:smile:

14. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Where is htis thread going...:p I am sure when GT is released it will be great game :cool:. THe replay video is amazing, can't tell the difference whether it was real or not:D.

THe actual gameplay will not be that good may be but still awesome. Motostorm, F1 championship and of course GT are real good racing games for PS3:D:D

15. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    nice but it looks fake when a car gos into a corner and leaves no skid marks theres somthing rong

16. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Skid marks, I hate to see those, that means the driving is not clean. Especially when you lock up your brakes and leave skip marks on very corner, that would be horrible:(. But it should be there if there is driving mistake.

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    We can tell you hate consoles. And are loyal to the Personal Computer.

Btw you dont need a HDTV to play 360 or ps3...Its called a monitor :p

18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    omg now way that can be real!!

19. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    lol ok if you powerslide threw a corner you are going to have skid marks rofl clean driving has nothing to do with it unless u going 5mph around a track lol

20. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Damn That Looks Bad Ass!! **** I Got To Download That!