Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Here's the seettings I used on analog output to my headphones....and then my EQ settings on both analog/digital out using the headphones....it's a work in progress but as is I'm very happy. I'm lazy to resnap shoot it but I re-aligned the rears to have equal dB levels and the Dolby Headphone is set at DH2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  2. Target

Target New Member

GPU:
    ATi 1900XT @ 660 MHz
    You are probably right on that as I’m using the same receiver

3. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    as I agree I will say switching from an Audigy2 to an X-Meridian sound is more precise on the receiver. The receiver can only play as well as the input it "receives"...hence it's name. :smoke:

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, all it's doing is boosting the signal at it's inputs. Possibly adding DSP effects. YOur other question regarding the loud headphones. The output on the laptop is probably a amplified output for passive speakers so when you hook up the headphones it's drives them alot higher then normal. I would be careful of your ears and your headphones as you could damage both possibly.
    If your using digital on the receiver then you are always limited but the quality of the digital input. I only use my EQ sparingly to trim off my speakers. little boost here, little cut there...Presets are usually just to be used as starting points to be modified to the individuals speaker system.

Do you guys use the Center and Rear Channel Delays? I have been testing it today and it does help to further enhance your surround imaging.

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Oh don't worry I have the volume usually set RATHER LOW on the laptop...was just curious. It is however, beneficial on airline flights when you're next to the engine...just not when you have an open-air headphone design and happen to be sitting next to an old lady. Hehe :D She gave me a few looks of disgust haha.

Agreed...I just did a few minor tweaks...nothing too major. I hate the presets on most audio electronics anyways.

nope...I'm picky about my sound...just not that picky. :)

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don't think it has anything to do with being picky. It has to do with setting your speaker system up properly, atleast to me anyway. It helps alot with improving your surround image. Most Eq presets are just to be used as starting points in which you adjust for your individual speaker system. Alot of people make the mistake of EQ'ing the music. You EQ the playback system NOT the source material. Unless it does in fact need it.

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I know I didn't play off the sarcasm well with the "being picky." I'm sarcastic many times...just forgot I'm a newb here so no one would know. :smoke:

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What I mean is if you use it you can improve your imaging. Something more to play with. For me I love options. This card has alot of settings to work with for getting you sound dialed in properly.
    Being new here is great, You came to the right place for sure. Guys around here are very knowledgable and willing to help ames it one of the best audio forums there is..

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I hear ya...my receiver runs everything for me (TV, DVD, PC, etc.) and I've tweaked it a while ago so I really didn't have too much to toy with on the Auzentech's end.

While I'm no pro I still consider myself rather knowledgable so I'll try and stick around here...I mostly frequent car forums tho...a PC forum...hmm...this will be different for me. :p

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Best place to learn new things. This thread seems to be THE place to discuss the X-Meridian soundcards. Have you considered a X-Tension board Nos?

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    nope...no need for one

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am considering it as more I/O is always a good thing.

13. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I just found out that my Z-5400's receiver uses the same Cirrus Logic's CS42526 chip like the Z-5500
    The chip has a lower part spec than the DACs on the X-Meridian. According to the data sheet, this chip supports 192KHz sample but when using 192kHz output from the X-Meridian, I only get a faint sound with lots of cracking and poping.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Does the spec sheet for your Speakers say they support 192Khz input ALG? What are you using for a cable, the included optical?

15. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    According to the Logitech's website, it only supports up to 96/24 PCM. What would be the limit factor actually since the chip itself is the DAC? I'm using the optical cable supplied with my X-Meridian.

16. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Hey rob. Coulda bought quite a few XMs for the price of the 2 new PA speakers I got. Been running them in my house as subs only. Manufacturer spec says down to 18hz flat. I get 12hz in room . :D Also has a Titanium horn tweeter up top. I was expecting them to not be usable for HT, but wow am I surprised. In case you guys are wondering, they're dual 21" woofers in each. :coffee2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Alg, if the input can only accept 24/96 and anything below then thats the limit. I don't really undertsand what your asking.
    @Spezzy, if you bought a X-Meridian you probably would have been better off. why would you buy these? do you do stage shows or something?

18. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    The cirrus logic chip has a 192/24 part spec but which other components in the receiver that can't handle the 192/24 signal?

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You mean the input decoder on the speaker system can accept 24/192? -in the specs? it is possbile that Logitech doesn't have it up to the level they may only be using a clock that has the circuit running at 24/96. Before the X-Meridian how many soundcards can produce 24/192 in surround sound over digital? I guess it's just the way they build the circuits. maybe it can be modified to accept 24/192. You would probably need to change the clock crystal...possibly. I would need to review the schematics to see which parts could/should be changed if it was even possible at all.

20. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.