Who bought a Wii?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pedropaulo, Nov 19, 2006.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Come on give us the details :)
    The remote, what games did you get, is it superb or just simple?

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    wow must be heaps of people that like the "wee"...lol

3. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    hhehhe not that "wii" :)
    The Nintendo Wii to make thingĀ“s clear.

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I might buy one after Christmas. I'm in no rush.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i actually got one in my hands around 12:30AM after waiting at my local walmart for 6 hours. almost didn't get one either.

When i got there, 28 people were already in line.... i was the 29th... they only had 28 Wii's. thought to myself "eeh.... i've got a friend or two waitin here too... least i'll have someone to talk to whether i get a Wii or not, and maybe someone will decide to leave, or have to go away for some emergency, or their credit card won't work so they can't pay for it...". As soon as i got there, the guys at the back of the line started playin Monopoly.... so i sat down and watched, talkin to them every once in a while. Turns out they were all friends of one of my other friends that was there. the one guy i was talkin to was actually only there to hold a spot for some other kid, who decided to leave at 2PM so he could eat pizza with his parents and go to some football game that ended around 9:30-10:00PM. Turns out the guy i was talkin to that was waiting in line got pissed at the kid cause like.... 10:30-11:00 was rolling around pretty fast.... so he was like "f*ck him, you can take his spot". Boy was that kid pissed when he finally showed up around 11:40PM. lol

The only thing i don't like about it after playing with it for a short time is that aiming isn't done by aiming at the TV, but by aiming at the sensor bar, which winds up being relative to the TV. Unless that's something which will be fixed by an update.... which i'm not sure is possible..... still like it though. it's still extremely easy to target stuff once you get the crosshairs on screen (sometimes harder than it seems). basically requires the same amounts of movement as your regular computer mouse would to aim in a FPS.

edit: and the sensor bar is nowhere near as big as i thought it would be, or that video's even showed it to be. it's probably about as long as the height of a DVD case... maybe a bit longer.... about half the thickness of a DVD case.... and a half an inch deep. PLENTY of space to squeak it in by a TV without it being TOO obtrusive.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  6. nt020

nt020 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7900GS
    I will pre-order one for the launch in the UK, I'm really hyped for Zelda.
    It seems that a lot of people are in no rush to buy one, I guess that this is because they will be available in large numbers...I wonder what people would think if Nintendo had the same numbers as Sony?

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wasn't able to get one today.. 70% of them were already pre-ordered.

So I just ordered one and should receive it in the week of december 3. Not really in a rush.

I have my new DDR for xbox coming this week to keep me busy :p

8. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Still have to wait here in Europe anyway.

9. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yeah.... till december 8th! :(

Com' uuuuun! Com' uuuuun!!

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Zelda is TOTALLY worth it... belive me. was pretty much the only game i was lookin forward to buying at launch. next MIGHT be Red Steel.... either that or DBZ Tenkaichi 2.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No, I and really wanted to.=[ But that's okay.

12. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    where you at the wal-mart in poway? because, all that sounds oddly familar, i was the 16th person in line i waited a whole 14 and a half hours to get one. I almost got into a fight waiting in line. Wal-mart came out and said we were allowed to leave the line for 30 minutes to do what we please, get food use the restroom, etc. I had left for about 20 minutes to go grab some entertainment and a chair. When I came back I got back inline and someone from the back decided that I had cut and came up in got in my face and was cursing and telling me to get back to the back of the line. I must say this guy had balls walking up to me and my 2 friends which we were all bigger than him. Anyways, not wanting to get kicked out, I grabbed the security guard who I had been talking to before and the security guard told him if he kept it up he would be asked to leave or arrested.

i bought

The Wii
    I was only able to obtain a classic controller as they sold out of all the others before i got my turn
    Games I bought: Legend of Zelda, Red steel, Call of Duty 3, and my brother bought super monkey ball.

I must say im having a BLAST playing all these games its amazing! so much fun.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    nope... WalMart in Lehighton, PA. and yes, they are fun to play. even most of the games in Wii Sports. Boxing get's a tad odd sometimes... Tennis and baseball are EXCELLENT! haven't tried golf yet.... and bowling is also a tad odd sometimes.

14. afunguy24

afunguy24 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gt SC
    well just 1 question how the fu c you gonna play the "wee" when you laying down after you just woke up or you about to go to sleep. This will be interesting.....

15. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    1 answer, YOU DONT HAVE TO ****ING FLAIL YOUR ARMS ALL OVER THE PLACE, Ya know how you use that thing called a mouse? Its just as sensitive or in fact more sensitive than that.

And Sorry Im just tired of people being so ignorant about how the damn controller works.

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I played red steel......

Man that games sucks :S

lol, i hope none of the other fps turn out to be as bad as that...

17. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I like how small they are, but i doubt ill be getting another console in my life.

18. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Hehehe, Ironic considering your name ;)

19. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    nutyo.... i was thinking the EXACT same thing.

rogue: supposedly Red Steel is kinda glitchy. i haven't played it yet, but from the videos.... have to admit, it doesn't seem that bad for a launch day FPS.

afunguy: as Inf said..... if you think you gotta flail around all over the place to play, you're ignorant as hell. 80% of the movements you would ever have to do can be done by just moving your wrist. no full-arm movement is required.... just usually makes it more fun.

20. Kollunz

Kollunz Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 5870
    i'm waiting for super smash brothers brawl to come out. then i will make my purchase!