Windows ViSTA has been leaked

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by dB, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    i got the audigy drivers and it supports eax till 01/03/07

2. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    i agree nvidiafreak its a good time to be a geek:):)

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    good to know , i think i might buy it tho , as i dont trust DL'ing stuff like this, even though i could try out some DX10 goodness and se if it improve's any of my games

4. Jonnychadootz

Jonnychadootz Member

GPU:
    Radeon/X1650pro/256MB OC Zalman
    Security Features

To all those that think the security features in Vista will help the actual buyers of the OS, I feel sorry for you. Apparently you don't remember when game companies started using securom and other various stupid ass security features to keep people from using/copying games they didn't purchase. If you remember the only people it seemed to hinder were the 1's that actually bought the product. It was lil challenge to the crackers out there. What? you don't think MS will do the same **** if not worse? Have fun :) I'll dload that **** in about 6 months when the crackers have torn it a new ******* :)

5. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    jonny i got avg for vista and i dont there will be a seroius security prob.

6. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    Copey ull love the speed in newer games like fear and the old hl2.u got a dx10 card exploit it before its old news.

7. Jonnychadootz

Jonnychadootz Member

GPU:
    Radeon/X1650pro/256MB OC Zalman
    :)

I wasn't talking about OS security issue's as in people breaking into your comp. What I meant was the security protections that MS and other scumbag companies use (like securom) that attempt to keep you from copying/using the OS without purchasing. When the game companies started doing it (1 game that comes to mind is Prince of Persia 3) All it did was screw the people that actually purchased it, I remember my friend trying to install the game 6 times and it told him the game was pirated when he had just purchased it from the store. He finally got it working with a no dvd crack LOL. The point I'm trying to convey is that MS is the worst example of the security wars between the average customer that pays for things and the pirate's. Without the Cracker's we would be ****ed good. Ever notice that even XP has a verification feature that tells MS anytime you change a major component of your comp IE. HD Ram Cpu Etc. Thats why I use Nlite. It allows you to make custom Windows cd's stripping away all the garbage and crap of the OS that you will prolly never need anyway (Drivers that you will never use, Windows File protection ETC. Also with Nlite the OS install is fully unmanned (if you choose it to be), no interaction needed at all. Not Available for Vista yet but I could care less now since you'd have to pay me to put vista on my comp ATM

8. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    so ur saying u have the retail version or rc2? if u have the retail version, tell me where how when n who!!!

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I have the retail version i just activated it.
    I've only tried BF1942 it works fine, but DCX mod for it ctd on loading a map which is puzzling.
    I have no sound atm but am downloading drivers(Realtek site sucks, getting 200-5000B/s[yes you read that right]).
    But so far it's pretty good.

And my rating:
    [​IMG]

10. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Well I work for IT for a university and we should have Vista w/ Vol. License by the end of November. We're thinking our Vista volume activation server should be up for testing by the 2nd week in December. The main problem will be determining which computers will be allowed to get activated and those that wont be. It might be as simple as (1) right cd key and (2) has to be on the LAN.

11. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yea, I'm pretty cut that you need to do that actually, but oh well.

If you've got a copy now, you definitely have a big "I'm a pirate" sticker on your head =)

Seeing as it hits MSDN on the 17th of November.

12. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    LOL oh well.
    anyways, people have been asking me for links/info on how to activate and i'll give a really general term on what to do:
    to download vista: go to your favorite search engine and type in: vista final rtm
    For activation cracks go to that search engine again and type in: vista activation

from this point on I will be no longer answering PMs:supercool

13. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    that reminds me i have to go see HAPPY FEET this friday

14. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    lol was i the last?

15. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    Look in "User Accounts" in "Control Panel"

16. noobie dude

noobie dude Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX 8800 GT OC 512MB
    Casion royale comes out then and another movie I wanted to see all on the same day. It's also my birthday. Presents and a movie!:tux:

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Hows it pirate when its free???

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    You really are an idiot aren't you.

Seeing as it's not available for retail purchase until January, and it's not available on MSDN for another few days, and I doubt he's a developer and got it on the weekend.

It's illegal, and therefore pirated. Just because he didn't pay for it doesn't mean it's legal, what planet you from bro?

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i tohugh talking about warez is forbidden here :|

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You cant just out of no where accuse him of pirating though.....he could easily of got it from WinBeta.