Splintercell Double Agent demos released

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 10, 2006.

1. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    The full version has customizable graphics and with the patch theres AA support.

2. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Is it just me or is there actually no cursor when you access a computer?

LOL!

3. ssbopper

ssbopper Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB
    lol nope there isn't any cursor when i hack computers either :p It doesn't perform the greatest, probably a bit under 30fps at times, but the new moves are reallly fun to perform :) like the one where he peeks around a corner and grabs the guards :p

4. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    well i have the full version and it still runs like crap, i turn on standard instead of Next Gen, Start a new game, goto options and wholla Next Gen is ticked and Standard is unticked, its a fricking joke!

5. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    is this still Unreal engine 2?

6. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    Yeah its says Unreal Engine, and im pretty sure if it was the Unreal 3 Engine they would of stated so for bragging rights.

im struggling to get into this game, it feels clunky and not like the other SC series, and OMG swimming is a nightmare, infact on the first level i started to get motion sick, i hate games that make me feel like this, i wont be buying it i dont think, im gutted cos i was really looking forward to this game, i bet its 100 times better on the Xbox 360 and much easier but as i dont have an Xbox i wont be playing it on one.

i tell you what though as somone else pointed out these big companies are screwing us with these half arsed buggy mediocre games, im really beginning to think that pc gaming is coming to an end because these money grabbing companies are focusing to much on consoles.

Can anyone remember how you felt when you played HL1 for the first time, how it sucked you in like a really good book, it blew me away and i needed to play it every waking hour and how long the game lasted and how good the graphics and sound were for there time, well i havent had gamplay come anywhere close since HL1, even HL2 didnt suck me in like the first one. But i always think this game could be the one but it never is, im hoping now Alan Wake is everything it looks.

Ok ive stopped ranting now......lol

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  8. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    Anyone know how to alter graphics settings manually and not in game cos the ingame keeps resetting itself back to Next Gen.

9. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I know that pic is messed up, but i do like the ice shader:)

10. Yakspawn

Yakspawn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512
    on the demo u cant change from next gen to standard... sucks

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    well you see my system guru's and the game runs like sh!t at 10 X 7 , its either poorly optimised or crap drivers

12. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    Hmmmm so im thinking poorly optimised, oh and i have the full game, but like i said earlier i change settings to standard, start a new game or load a saved game, it runs like sh*t so i goto display settings and low and behold the fricking things gone back to Next Gen.

13. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    Yeah it was running liek pure crap for me also. But I fixed it, run the game, open task manager and disable one of your cores.

My framerate incresed 10 fold.

14. dshramek

dshramek Guest

How do you disable one of the core?

15. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    when the game is running go into task manager , right click on the splinter cell process, set affinity aand untick one of the cores

16. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    Go to the Splinter cell 4 directory and open the splintercell4.ini with notepad and modify some settings in the ini file with 'False' or 'True' just like in other unreal tournament2003/2004 engines.

Do some tweaks in the splintercell4.ini and you can get very nice framerates, even at higher resolutions.
    For example disable the HDR and specular lighting.
    Or use simple shaders and simple SFX. These settings will speedup things alot!

By the way: someone ask if SC4 uses the Unreal3 engine. Well, I think it uses an upgraded Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory engine, i.e. unreal '2.5' engine.

edit: according to Unrealwiki, 'Double agent' uses build 3323 of the unreal 2.5 engine (Builds 2500-3369). http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Unreal_Engine_Versions

Good luck with the tweaking!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  17. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    Cheers CTMan ill give it a go. :)

18. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I see corrupt textures of Sam, everything else looks good but he looks all messed up, kinda like a Spider. Must be a 8800 series flaw. I'm using No AA as well.

19. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    Dont help Rodman he has an 8800GTX and its not fair..............stuffy bastard!
    J/K

Its probably cos of early drivers Rod :(

20. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    runs perfectly here with new gen setting and 1280*960...but sincerely is not that stunning graphics