NVIDIA ForceWare 93.71 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kawi250, Nov 2, 2006.

1. El Matador

El Matador Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ 775M 512MB
    * GeForce 7900 GT: The new NVIDIA Control Panel lists the product name as GeForce 7900 GT/GTO, instead of the correct GeForce 7900 GT.

Fix don't work for me still the same :(

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Test some games now :)

2. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    dude just edit the ini file

3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    NFSMW IQ better that 84.21 and the game feals alot smoother and quicker

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Your sig shows your OCing the card 50mhz higher than what its sold at.. thats not anything to fool with IMO...

but yeah I'm showing a 2.00 memory speed on a system i'm running a 6800 GT AGP card LOL its not hurting nothing but wtf is with that?

Now when I run it with my other comp using Dual 7900GTX's in SLI I'm now showing 1.64Ghz for memory speeds which is correct but why in the world its showing a 6800 GT AGP card as having higher mem clocks is beyond me..but its not hurting anything.. I don't OC that card anyway :D

ohh and another edit: I'm showing a 3-5degree drop in temps on the 7900's as of now too.. time to bench :)

Edit: ok I saw a slight decrease in 3dmark06 but BF2 played fine..so I'll keep it on the big comp for now.. might go back to 91.47's on my surfing comp cause of the high memory clock showing.. its not hurting nothing but I don't like it :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006

5. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    nvidia is trippin, the directory to MCE driver is wrong and can't download it grrrr

no problem with downloading the xp version tho. I thought they are the same but the file size is different so I better wait untill they fix it. any mirrors to MCE version? guru don't have any

6. Rick James

Rick James Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 gt @ 425/1120
    It showed my mem clocks at 2 ghz... so I used rivatuner to OC instead and it worked fine.

7. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Just ran 3dmarks 06 and 05 and x2 benchmark they all score slightly lower than the 9147s only slightly but these new drivers seem to run very smooth and seamless these are keepers for me.

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Didn't test them on 3DMARK 2005 but it seems more stable at BFMEII, NFS C Demo and others, i'm gonna keep it about the clock it shows ur really clock.

9. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Just played oblivion for awhile and it runs much smoother than before and i can enable window reflections without the corruption i got with the 9147 which often made them multi coloured.

10. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    More recent than the 96.89 dated;
    DriverVer = 10/16/2006, 9.6.8.9
    vs
    DriverVer = 10/22/2006, 9.3.7.1

Worth the shoot!

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Here you go. Haven't i been saying this all the time? Here is another WHQL set with more bugs than any former BETA. Why the **** they even release beta drivers? To show off how much bugs they can put into drivers with each release? They could just release each and every as final official version. No damn difference. Idiots. Keep on doing this and soon you won't be able to sell any ****ty graphic card. I used to love ForceWare as it was a name for performance and bug free drivers. But now Catalysts are imo far ahead. Just thank yourself for not doing the job NVIDIA... :rolleyes:

12. Ragnarök

Ragnarök Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950 GT @ Stock
    Controle Panel has 1800 MHz by default at my ram clock. But it should be at 900 MHz.

[​IMG]

But RivaTuner displays it correct...
    [​IMG]

13. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    ey mate you shoudl be able to use sli ona nforce 4 pro krush. so anyone saw some astonishing better scores in sli compared to 92.91?

14. kibz

kibz Member

GPU:
    GF 7600 GS 256 MB
    Ill wait for some more posts then ill see if it worth a try. BENCHIES!

15. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    it is correct 900x2 = 1.8ghz u know ddr is called ddr because its duel data rate :eek3:

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    And since when is "dual" multiplied with 4 ?

My 6600GT memory is rated 900MHz (DDR). Thats 450MHz of real frequency... But CP is showing 1800MHz. Dual rate my ass. And such bugs are so freakin lame that i'm seriously considering my next gfx to be Radeon even if its slower. At least i won't be watching such dumb bugs all the stupid time. Lame ****s should be punished for releasing such lame software. I chose NVIDIA just because of software which (pay attention to this part!) used to be top notch. But now it's just bottom leftover garbage. It really makes me wonder why i'm the only one ranting about bugs. There should be a serious revolt, otherwise they won't fix a damn thing.

17. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    1.8ghz is correct. There is a serious misunderstanding of what DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 (same works for GDDR, GDDR2, etc).
    A word from wikipedia regarding DDR2:
    "The difference of DDR2 to DDR is a doubled bus frequency for the same physical clock rate, thus doubling the effective data rate another time." so take your 900mhz (DDR2 effective) and multiply it by 2 once more to get the GDDR3 rate. nvidia is doing nothing wrong so dont complain about it until you understand it. This is why everyone with GDDR2 or GDDR memory using these drivers wont notice a difference, but nvidia fixed the GDDR3 rates.

Apparently nvidia might have forgot to take into account the added 2x factor when releasing their GDDR3 boards. If they already did then this is simply a minor bug... but this would be such a stand-out bug which was present in unreleased drivers over the last few weeks I dont see how nvidia would have not recognized it, therefore this is probably a correction.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  18. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Why do they "correct" it now?

19. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Well if you look at the definition of GDDR3 it should theoretically be 2x as fast as the GDDR2 effective rate. GDDR2 at its max ran around 900mhz effectively. 900mhz x 2 = 1800mhz. Which means either your GDDR3 cards are being seriously underclocked, or the effective speed is being reported wrong. As to why it is being corrected now, i dont know im not nvidia. The problem with all this confusion is that there is no standard on reporting the speeds. Some people report the actual clock rate, some report the effective rate, and we all get caught up in the confusion.

If they are being reported correctly now, cool... If it is indeed a bug, then who cares its probably just reporting the speeds wrong by a factor of 2. Open rivatuners graph window and then OC with coolbits and see how it changes what rivatuner reports in case your worried that it is actually trying to increase the memclock by 2x. In the end this just looks like a difference in what coolbits reports and doesnt actually effect the memclock by 2x. Im sure your card would freeze instantly if you tried overclocking it by 100%. :p

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  20. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    So the numbers consistently increase as new RAM types are used on graphics cards (DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, etc.)