How come there are so many beautiful tv-ad-models?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by David16k, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't think it's strange.. If you look at that specific girl.. why is she pretty? It's all about symmetry, and why do humans find symmetry pretty? Cause it is a nice sign of a healthy person. People bother because they desire, and yes... Up to a certain point, desire is healthy. But the society we live in now has taken a turn to an unhealthy point. I'm a girl, and I can still say that the female body is the most beautiful, same with the female face features. It attracts and it will probably always be put on a pedestal and desired. And why not? Without desire and human instincts, we wouldn't be here where we are either way.

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Wow, John that video is sooo ugly :p
    I already knew that they were using makeup, didn't know about Photoshop tho :)

3. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hahaha, I am glad you knew that much, Vinnie...

4. MrFox

MrFox Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    You got Iced! Im sorry I couldnt help myself.. *backs back into corner*

5. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    before you know it they'll have cyborgs with faces grown from genetically-engineered stemcells. :eek: i barely understood what i just said.

that's true. apparently smells do a lot too. when u smell someone that has a vastly different immune system to yourself u instinctively find that smell 'sexy'

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    That's not nice IceBird.. :(

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Already knew they did this and I always hated those ad's. Tbh the girl didn't look to bad before they did all of that stuff...
    Every time I have a gf I have to tell them to leave those tons of make up because they look good enough the way they are.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  8. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    bleh they wanna look better when you go clubing, so there's nothing you can really do about it. Once they start popping babies they'll stop caring about it so much; Britney Spears is a great example of this.

9. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A great example of what? Popping out another baby cause she's desperate to keep her good-for-nothing-husband who's cheating on her constantly, when she's not even capable of taking care of her FIRST child? I'm sorry, but going "Britney Spears is a great example of this" when it doesn't involve lack of intelligence, is just wrong.

10. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Oh my, did Mrs. Spears brush you up the wrong way in the past? lol. We're talking about make up right? or did I miss something? You must get better tabloids then I do in my daily freeposts - but it doesn't matter who is cheating on who these days; its the natural cycle of hollywood romance.

11. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I still don't see your point, as she has basically stopped giving a rat's arse about ANYTHING unless it involves smoking, alcohol or popping out babies. But sure... Britney Spears does no longer wear a ton of make up... I must say I liked her better when she did, atleast then I didn't go :3eyes: when I see a picture of her all spotted, smoking.

12. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Britney Spears is what I like to call RWT, rich white trash. She simply proves that you can take the singer out of the trailer trash, but you can't take the trailer trash out of the singer. :D
    [​IMG]

13. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I'm out to defend the evil image of beauty distorting giant faceless corporations. Because if I don't no one will. The reason they HAVE to do this is because of the masses. They already craze perfection and if one company is offering it with their photoshopped impossibly gorgeous models other companies are forced to because whether you like it or not this kind of advertising works. If they stop using this kind of advertising they lose sales. The only way to break free from it is basically go with the "real" beauty campaign but draw attention to the fact that you are rebelling against others (society loves a rebel). If the masses weren't so caught up in being little miss prom queen then we wouldn't have this kind of advertising. Corporations don't just do this for the hell of it, they do it because they get a response. You want to end it? Stop responding.

14. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4850
    Well,the girl was not that bad naturally..shes quite okay if you ask me..but then that pretty much tell the stories bout good looking gals on the tv screen.It stopped me wondering of whose the lucky btards that get all these nice tv-ad girls as gf...well it doesnt matter now..but then they are really some beautiful ones out there...

such as this one from my place..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    It amazes me how naive people really are. The "real beauty" crap is no different than all other super model/fake compaings. See, what happend was that executives at Dove wanted to think of a way to make more money. SO they figured that smart way of making more money would be to make an advertising compaign that will feature average looking people and thus (obviously) appeal to average looking people. They are exploting people's insecurities about how they look. That's it, it's all about money, Dove doesn't care about improving society's view on what's beautifull, they'll do their compaign untill it no longer proves profitable. Also, I really don't understand why people say that society needs to change it's outlook on what's beautifull. What are we supposed to teach children, that chubby, short girls are beautifull? You know what's beautifull, slender, fit, confident girls, with prutty faces. It's fricken human nature, that's what men like. You can look at girls that were considered beauty queens 50-100 years ago, and all of them are still look hot. Sure, society changes "body part" fixation every decade or so, but what appeals to men comes from human nature, and no make up free, average looking girls being paraded around tv adds is going to change that.

16. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
  17. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    Is there such thing as a "real beauty"? I don't think so. Everyone has their own tastes in women, be they fat, a little chunky, or anorexic thin. No girl can pull all of these looks off at the same time, which makes it all come down to the eye of the beholder. Hundreds of years ago if you notice a lot of artwork women were thicker and that is what was deemed beautiful back then, they had hips for child bearing etc. Moving to the present it is better to be "healthy" with some type of muscular build be it swimmer's, dancer's, so on. In the end it still will all fall to the person looking at said woman, I personally think the lady was kind of ugly or plain if you will at the beginning, after the makeup was put on and even on the bill board, I look for perfection because I am an egotist. These campaigns are out there as zapmaster pointed out, just another way to prey on the normal looking of society by saying it is okay to be that way kind of and you should try our stuff because it will help a bit but not be caked on and unnoticeable. Do you think their concealers don't pack the same punch as revlon or max factor?

18. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    well... hannah tan would also be one hottie too :eyebrows: , but that would only be because with or without makeup, her selling point are her breasts.

"Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder", a famous quote that is used over, and over, again. Let's face it, to some of us guys, we can't stand it when a girl puts on too much makeup, but there will be others who will think that she's pretty. Personally, i prefer "natural" beauty, as any girl already looks good enough without all that makeup.

19. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    I'll never forget the first time I saw my ex without makeup. I stayed the night at her parents house one time with her and fell asleep early because I was helping her dad landscape all day. I guess she took it all off before she went to bed because when I woke up she didn't have any on.

With her makeup on she was drop dead hot (she was a model) and without it she looked completely different. She looked more beautiful without makeup than I could have ever imagined. Maybe it was just because I knew I was actually seeing the real "her" but either way I loved it.

Girls shouldn't be forced by the media into thinking they have to be something they aren't.

EDIT*

With that said, that doesn't mean fat people will ever be beautiful! Beauty comes from being confident, intelligent, and having a good sense of humor. Of course having a pretty face is a great bonus, but you don't have to have the face that launched a thousand ships to be beautiful. YOU DO HOWEVER HAVE TO BE IN SHAPE. When a person is obese, that tells me that you don't even have the self control to keep yourself healthy, much less to be successful in anything else.

Not to mention that we know obesity is linked to numerous life ending diseases (heart disease anyone?), you're not a shallow person just because you don't want to date someone who is fat, and you're not shallow if you think obese people are ugly.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  20. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Not all people are created the same. Some obese people are so because of a disease or condition, be it genetic, glandular or otherwise. I know plenty of obese people that have been very very successful. In fact it can sometimes be an indicator of overwhelming confidence in which they believe in themselves so much that they don't try and impress anyone else.

As for being not being shallow because you don't want to date them. I agree with you there. There is no denying that they are less attractive to a large majority of people. There is no reason to deny instinct. Apart from society's social conscience that is.