Sony claims Wii and Xbox 360 overpriced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by horse, Oct 14, 2006.

1. BigBiz

BigBiz Guest

In a sence it could be true.

Ps3 costs say 550 to make they sell it for 600. So they overprice it by 50$

Wii costs say 110 to make they sell for the area of 170$. So they overpriced by 60$

Meaning the Wii is more overpriced then the Ps3.

2. noobie dude

noobie dude Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX 8800 GT OC 512MB
    That's way off there. I don't know how much the Wii costs to make though you're still getting the Wii price off. Sony is actually selling PS3s for several hundred dollars less than it costs to make them.

3. BigBiz

BigBiz Guest

I was just saying thats a possible sceniro. No way they would sell the ps3 at 600 to 700 dallors when they could sell it for way less.

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Actually it is not a joke. By the time you buy the Wii or 360 with all their "Add-ons" they both are well over 400-500USD. PS3 you get it all for 500-600USD...no major addons needed. IT has bluetooth built in, blu-ray built in, etc etc. Its just the way it is. SO yes Sony has a point there. But imo all of the console makers need to stop worrying about one another and just focus on giving us good games!

5. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I couldn't agree more.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    XD Wow. This is great.

Another SMART comment from Sony.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i can agree more.....I agree......There.:bigsmile:

8. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I re-read the article. They expect the PS2 to compete with and even beat Wii? PS2 is 128-bit graphics. Wii has 256-bit graphics.

Of course, this is an Inquirer article. You have to take what they print with a grain of salt.

9. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    I knew someone would bring up the fact its the Inq, so if you really wish you can check their source on the linked website lol, an interview. However it does seem The Inq enjoys taking quotes out of context to make a bigger headline, like all the media I guess.

I think the main point here is the fact they, amongst others, can't stop attempting to drag down competitors products with very little argument to put forward themselves, for example a working console and good games which is what really everyone wants.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This is what Nintendo has focused on with the DS, and the Wii. The DS wasen't made to compete against anything, and their selling a lot more than the PSP. So far, from what Nintendo has gotten, they've done something right for video games.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Really? IMO they are all trying to outbest one another. Either in the form of price,power,etc. IMO they should look at themselves in the mirror and say what can I do to help MY company and provide what the Customers want. Sry but i dont see either of the 3 companies doing that. Nintendo has not supplied the good games in a long time. They are all sequals to get quick $$$. The DS is the only thing with original games and im not a handheld gammer. On the Wii controller. I go to the gym every weekend i dont need that controller to "work-out" or anything of the sort. Man it seems only the PC is pumping out what customers want these days. By the time you buy a new console and HD-TV to go with it, you can buy yourself a top of the line PC with GOOD GAMES! :bigsmile:

12. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Interesting...

I am looking forward to getting a Wii... personaly it offers an new experience that the others can't touch. Don't need the expensive addons like HD and 5.1 or what ever to play mario or zelda... Which is what I wanted for... If I want more quality i play on the pc...

So i feel the Wii is the best bang for you buck, for a console... and not a console that is trying to compete with a pc (pc wana-be)...

13. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I never would have guessed. :D

Most people don't have HDTVs anyway. Why would they pay so much extra for a feature they aren't going to use? As for 5.1, that's a feature I like to see in games but it also isn't necessary for the most casual gamers. They just want something that they can plug in, and it goes. No hassle, no setup, a minimum of bells and wistles. Wii is a solid console. Nintendo has also attracted some of the most successful game franchises. They have Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Pokemon. What's PS3 got other than a mixed bag of titles that only appeal to relatively small segments of the market.

PS3 makes no sense to me simply because Sony won't even be making a profit on it.

14. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    LoL True orenda, guess that part was a bit obvious. haha :D

15. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    If Sony wasn't so gay for themselves I might consider buying a Playstation 3. But as it is, I'm stickin with my rig and QW:ET.