the worse video card i have ever owned help plz>>

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by buzzstock29, Oct 2, 2006.

1. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x1600pro 256mb pci-e
    hay all, maybe u guys could help me out, with this peice of junk cheapo 1600pro pci-e card. friggin thing cant even hold a overclock setting, no matter what third party program i use, it doesnt over clock at all period, also my bios is worng, i treid updated it using atiflash, and trough windows using, atiwinflash, no luck, my orginal bios is 11x-2c8405sa-003, the bios version on the sapphire site is 11x-2c8403sa-014, pretty close i would say, i even tried rename the new file to the exact as my orginal, is there anyone out that can help me out plz & ty

2. Vanadis

Vanadis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    If it's bios is really bad I suggest RMA'ing it.

3. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    welcome to the forums
    if u got money get another gpu then
    a gforce or something :hatty:

4. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x1600pro 256mb pci-e
    yeppers ati blows, nvdia goes hehe, anyway i manage to solve my problem, turns out ccc was the cause, so i uninstalled the drivers, then download the new ati try tools, and bamm my clocks hold at a nice 610-core, 880-mem, just a tip with anyone with the same problem, make sure in ccc, u unlock overdrive3, then close ccc, run ati tray tools or riva tuner, adjust your clocks speeds, then uninstall ccc and reboot, this worked for me, which took 3 weeks of hell to figure out thanks guys

5. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    I like the ccc and ati tray tool together. u can switch profiles for diff max clocks if need be and the ccc picks up the clock the sec ur in a game no problem. This comes in handy for me sense I like to play cod2 which i cant really use my overclock on the core as much sense it seems to be hyper sensitive to it while fear and any other game is fine.

6. Internal

Internal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 @ 950/1400
    It's not that it's hypersensitive, it's that you haven't done any real testing against your overclock.

7. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    lol REAL is playing fear and oblivion for hours with out a artifact, if those two are fine and cod2 is fine except for one russian map I think that map is a bit more sensitive then everything else I play imho.

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I'm sorry man but no matter what OC por games the card that u bought is very weak.

9. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Uh, I suggest you look at your own specs before you go criticizing somebody else's system. Your setup is rather pedestrian also. You know what they say about those who live in glass houses......

10. SnipeR²

SnipeR² Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT 512MB (740/1850/2060)
    that was harsh man:no: but seriously.....the 1600pro isnt exactly a top end card.....but its good to see ur getting to overclock it fine now.....

11. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Nah, that wasn't harsh at all. I just don't believe in ripping on other people's PC's unless provoked. Not everyone has the financial resources to keep up a nice rig and for that guy to call the thread starter's GPU `weak' was unnecessary.

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yes i know that not everyone has the financial resources to nice rig look at my specs.... and u said however my specs isn't that bad proccessor sure not the best but the OC made him only good and on topic he could buy somethin better than the x1600pro in the same price in my opinion anythin below the 7600GT is not so worth to buy cause it linger less time.

13. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    So anything under the 7600GT is crap eh? I got my x850xt about 6 months ago for 154 bucks and it does better than a 7600GT at least as far as the Toms VGA chart goes. I do not see why people by the x1600pro when the
    x850xt is cheaper and better.

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    you so right that is what i meant to say, anything below the 7600GT price por card won't do much in gaming i know it better than all of you, why? in 2000 my pc were Pentium I till August 2003 when i recieved Pentium II, then in September 2004 i recieved Pentium III with Geforce 2 mx 200 32mb, and at september 2005 i recieved shiity pentium 4 with fx5200 and that all because i have been very low end, as por gamer i couldn't play anythin, finally my current rig can play any games on highest settings. and that is the reason why if you gamer don't buy crappy card when you can get por same price somethin better.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You have to remember he may not had the money to buy a 7600GT,or get the X1600pro on sell. When I bought this X1600pro for the other computer it was like 69 dollars.

I sure wasnt about to buy a 7600gt even if it was faster for my other computer. It was more then the X1600pro I saw.Also the X1600pro may not be a great card like the 7600gt and X800pro, but it still gets the job done.

Then he might not want a open box or used X800pro I usually see those under 100.

The card is far from being a pos card. a X1600pro isnt a GF2mx, nor a 5200 so i dont know why you would think it was as bad as those. a 6200 would fit in the group of those 3 cards you listed if its unmodded.

Listing cards you own in the past do not make you smarter then any one esle on the forum because of the cards you had in the past.

Now the X1600pro is not great but it still a gaming card, now if it was a 6200 or something slower then be another story. But still you shouldnt talk trash about other people and the parts they have.

He may not had the money to buy a 7600gt, If I need a card and I see one card which is still good enough to game then I would go for it.The X1600pro isnt as bad as you think. X1600pro is around a 6600GT.

Both are still gaming cards. Plus that be like going a 9800pro is a crap card. It might be old but It can still play games fine.

Now for the OC setting you have to use ATI tray tools, the pool settings reset the clocks back to the default. The atil pool settings if that what there are called, Reset the clocks. You have to use ATI tray tools or some other tool that aloud you to turn that pool setting off. Once you do your overclocks will stick.

You should beable to handle settings that people on 6600gt uses. The only reason I using this X1600pro because I bought it as a video card for my other computer when it was on sell for like 69, If It wasnt on sell I would had bought something esle.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006

16. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i didnt like the 7600gt

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    The Card is great but nVidia drivers can be very annoying, i liked the Catalyst more por some reason, well he bought x1600pro mistake or not that is the fact, you may also use Riva Tuner to OC ur card as well and if you tired of OC it without limites you may flash it with ur own modified bios.

18. loudandclear15

loudandclear15 Member

GPU:
    Ati x1600 512 Powercolor
    x1600pro

ok, the 1600pro might not be all that fast but oc it a little and it pl;ays all games, and looks good to. i was reading the reply with the guy with the sepron as a procecor and damn thayt thing sux sop u dont no good anything untill u get a real processor

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Mine AMD Sempron 64 2800+ at it default clock 1.6GHZ is totally not for gaming, just when i purchased it at April 2006 i never knew that it will cost like Athlon 64 3500+ today if i would probably i would buy somethin better, however believe it or not the Overclocking to 2.4GHZ made all things much but much but much better. that thing is now like Athlon 3200+ at games, no joiking it does.
    However i still a low-end user and i've been like that all my life, so there is nothing i can do.

20. loudandclear15

loudandclear15 Member

GPU:
    Ati x1600 512 Powercolor
    ummm, the sepron is not anything like a 3200+ seprons suck and suck harder for games