Was in a car accident today

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TheGriffin, Aug 22, 2006.

1. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Holy crap, I was just in a bad car accident...

It was really bad, we were turning at the traffic light and a car going fast came and hit us from the side [​IMG].

The driver was my friend's mom and my friend was sitting with me at the back right where the car was hit and she escaped very luckily because she didn't have her seat belt on (If she had it on she wouldnt have been pushed and the door would've hit her bad).

I had my seat belt on but damn that KIA Magentis (Our car) or whatever is gone since the doors are gone and the roof is bent [​IMG].

We were hit by a Honda Civic...

I feel really disoriented right now...my friends mom was in shock for 5 minutes after the accident and we had to calm her down [​IMG].

Just had to let someone know since no one is home right now [​IMG].

damn my head hurts and my whole body feels like it was on a roller coaster for 10 hours...

EDIT: Added pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  2. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    I am surprised she survived without having seat belt on, tsk tsk and she’s a mom too, definitely setting good example for the kids. You see if it was the other guy was at fault then you would of get a nice big paycheck, but from what you said there it seems that you guys are at fault. Because going straight always have the right of way than cars turning. If I were you I would go see a family doctor just to make sure there are no after affects of the crash.

3. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Far out man that's lucky you are OK. Crazy to think a Honda Civic trashed your car like that. I'm glad your alright. Wouldn't the other car be supposed to stop if it was at a traffic light. Could be the Civic was in the wrong.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  4. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Yeah when I got home today I talked to my mom she said if I feel anything I should tell her but maybe I should go for a walk-in tommorow.

5. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    If your still feeling crap when your mum get's back, tell her how you feel.

6. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    Well unless they were running a red, but otherwise even if they were speeding, it shouldn't be their fault. Because you should of made sure 100% that there is no car in the path that you are going to turn onto.

7. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Agreed. Gotta be a defensive driver and watch out for others cars. Can't assume all is clear because you're bound to have a few a**holes running lights.

But anyways, glad you made it out of there without any major bumps or bruises. Sounds like a rough experience for sure.

8. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Yeah, it's my friends mom fault. But she was denying it just like everyone does, me and my friend knew it was her fault but she was just in shock and denial at the time so we didn't want to tell her anything. The police officer sorted it out with her.

She got 2 points on her license and their car is probably totaled according to the tow truck guy, apparently because the roof is bent and the side is completely gone.

9. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  10. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Thank you, and thanks to everyone :cops:!

I hope none of you or your family, friends or loved ones go through this type of event.

11. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

The disorientation is normal, I have been there a few times. It should clear up with a good nights' sleep. If you have any residual dizzyness or headache tomorrow, go see a doctor.

12. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Sorry to hear Griff - glad no one was seriously hurt! :)

13. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    man that sucks
    :(

14. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Glad to hear your all ok. To many lives are lost in car crashes, it's really getting bad.

I learned just a few weeks ago, a guy i knew had died in a car crash. It was his little brother that told me, he had been in the car along with him. You just don't know what to say when you get that thrown in your face, it's really sad.

15. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Glad to hear you're ok dude.

At least nobody was too badly hurt :)

I had someone go into the back of me (on a driving test no less!) and it really shook me up...and that wasn't that serious either - ruinned bootlid and dented rear bumper...i got off easy with no injurys.

It's a shame not everybody is that lucky.

16. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Ouch, good that you and your kin are allright!

17. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Holly crap Griffin! Good to hear you're all right. Your friend's mom was very lucky. Always buckle up.

What intersection was it?

18. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    i had an accident also
    it was at night and it was in the country so it was pretty bad
    gladly nobody was hurt
    i was in the back sit(the middle one) i had my seatbelt on (dont know why, but it saved my life)

my body had seatbelt marks and they hurt
    im okay now
    but im still afraid of curvy ways

19. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

DUDE ROFL!! I live right on the corner of Gerrard/Jarvis, i was laying down and heard the screeching of the wheels then i heard the smash. I pretty much watched everything after that. I couldnt believe the cops werent really doing much to help the traffic through.

I think it was an Acura actually and man did he ever total his front end, i saw the KIA but from where i was i could only see the driver side of the car and no damage i couldnt believe it.

glad to know your alright, that intersectrion is dangerous ive seen at least 4 accidents in 7 months.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  20. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Yeah for sure man. You need to go get checked out just in case something does pop up accident related. If not, you won't be able to file any claim if the other party is liable.

Glad no one was seriously hurt as it sounds.