Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum > RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum
RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum This forum is intended for advanced comments, ideas and general discussion of the RivaTuner Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself - you can only post in this area with a minimum of 10 posts and 7 days forum membership.

RivaTuner and ATI
Old
  (#1)
dbuske

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default RivaTuner and ATI - 01-18-2004, 19:58 | posts: 14 | Location: Wisc, USA

I just got an ATI 9600 Pro. The New Years edition does not load any database for the 3.10 drivers. All I can do is change the speeds of the core and memory. All else is greyed out.

Update: I found the answer further down. Unwinder said, ATI doesn't provide the information so that more could be changed.

Last edited by dbuske; 01-18-2004 at 20:06.

Re: RivaTuner and ATI
Old
  (#2)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Re: RivaTuner and ATI - 01-19-2004, 08:57 | posts: 11,534 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally posted by dbuske
Update: I found the answer further down. Unwinder said, ATI doesn't provide the information so that more could be changed.
I've never said that. NV don't provide and info too, so it doesn't depend on the vendor at all. My answer can be found in FAQ:

Quote:
Q: I used to use RivaTuner with NVIDIA graphics cards, however after moving to ATI graphics card I cannot longer use RivaTuner to tweak Direct3D/OpenGL settings. RivaTuner fails to detect Catalyst x.xx driver on my system and always displays 'No supported drivers detected for this display adapter'. What's wrong?
A: Nothing is wrong, it must be so. RivaTuner never provided driver-level settings for ATI display adapters and probably never will. Driver-level tweaks are exclusively available on NVIDIA boards only. However, ATI users may use RivaTuner's patch engine to install patch scripts on Catalyst / FireGL drivers. RivaTuner also provides a full set of low-level driver independent functions to both ATI and NVIDIA boards, so you may use the following features:

1. Overclocking module, overclocking profile manager allowing you to create different overclocking profiles for different applications.
2. AGP configuration module.
3. Refresh overrider module (can be used for fixing 60Hz under Windows 2000/XP via resident refresh override utility).
4. Monitor driver wizard (can be used for fixing 60Hz under Windows 2000/XP at the monitor driver level).
5. Color correction module, color scheme manager allowing you to create different color schemes for different applications.
6. Graphics subsystem diagnostic module.
7. Hardware monitoring module.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator