Problems running UT on an Athlon system.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Guest, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just got a new system over the weekend. It's an AMD Athlon 900mhz with 256megs RAM. I also had an ASUS V6800 Deluxe put into it (the Geforce 256 DDR). I'm using the newest nVidia drivers (5.32). For some reason, Unreal Tournament ALWAYS crashes within a few minutes after I start playing. It doesn't matter what video mode I use, even in software rendering mode. I've downloaded the latest bios for my AMD 750 board, and I'm also using the latest bios for my geforce. Can someone help me out? I've tried running every version of UT (including 4.13, 4.20), and nothing works. I even tried downloading the 0.8 version of the d3ddrv.dll file on UT's page. <P>Does anyone know what I can do? I'd appreciate any help.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

He Man!<P>I had that same crap over here, with my MSi K7Pro board, Athlon 700, 128MB and my Geforce DDR... no matter what the f@#k I did, (drivers or reinstall W98)UT kept on crashing shortly after startup. Then I reinstalled UT, with all the patches and stuff. Surprisingly the damn game worked...<BR>Maybe you try that first... and get your gear up in a frag-of-time<P>