Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum > RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum
RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum This forum is intended for advanced comments, ideas and general discussion of the RivaTuner Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself - you can only post in this area with a minimum of 10 posts and 7 days forum membership.

Old
  (#26)
theabsbest

Videocard: GF4
Processor: Intel Celery
Mainboard: Abit
Memory: Sdram
Soundcard: Creative
PSU:
Default 09-18-2003, 21:50 | posts: 28

Unwinder, we know how frustrating it is to keep updating to the new drivers that changes so often. How about posting your techniques and source codes for RT. May be just may be some one else would have enough interests to pick up the task and run with it.

We understand that RT is your original work. But, we could change to the name to something elses in case the later versions are messed up or not working, it will not affect your reputation.

What do you think.

Old
  (#27)
Paul Oblomov

Videocard: Radeon 9700pro 128Mb rev 1.1
Processor: Athlon XP @2300 Mhz
Mainboard: ASUS A7N8X Rev 1.06
Memory: 1024Mb DDR 400 CAS 2.5
Soundcard: Audigy I and JBL LX-2001 with Yamaha RX-V420RDS
PSU:
Default 09-18-2003, 22:39 | posts: 11 | Location: Russian Federation, Moscow

Alexei - will your supppa-tool come this year ?

Old
  (#28)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-19-2003, 08:31 | posts: 11,516 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Paul,
Stop spamming in _all_ forums please. I'm really tired of your endless attempts to get new SoftFireGL.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#29)
Paul Oblomov

PSU:
Default 09-19-2003, 12:04 | posts: 11 | Location: Russian Federation, Moscow

Don't think it's a spam. Do I have a right to _know_ when it might be available for download ? Or you think it's boring and quite onerous to tell to ALL-THE-COMMUNITY just _this_ information ?!?!? - If I'm right so: give some of the beta testers right to public their opinions on RT (issues they're facing with this NEW RT... etc...). And I think you won't be getting anymore tat kind of "spam"

P.S. RivaTuner - is more than just _your_ tool for testing purposes only. It's a hope for ex. - for me.... So try to be patient and generous

Old
  (#30)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-20-2003, 10:17 | posts: 11,516 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Don't think it's a spam. Do I have a right to _know_ when it might be available for download ?
Paul, didnít you posted questions about new SoftFireGL scripts release date on different forums? Didnít you get my answers? Didnít you tried to push me to release them before new RivaTuner version launch? Didnít you tried to hurry me up numerous times absolutely ignoring my requests to be just a bit more serious instead of acting like an impatient child? And youíre doing and doing it and again and againÖ Iím just a human, Paul, and my nerves are not made of steel.
Why others can wait and you cannot? Why NVIDIA users can patiently wait for full NV3x support, why they can wait for new databases, for Detonator 5x.xx compatible version? Are you the center of the universe, Paul? If really you so need FireGL Ė just void your display adapterís warranty by soldering configuration resister on the chip, or even buy the real FireGL card. Whatís a problem? Is it just a Russian mentality and habit of getting everything for free?

Quote:
Or you think it's boring and quite onerous to tell to ALL-THE-COMMUNITY just _this_ information ?!?!?
Yes, I _cannot_ comment it. Do you really think that I know RTís release date and now Iím just sitting and waiting for that day X? I release new version when it is ready to launch, not any day earlier or later. Iíve already finished RC14 coding, our testers team finished closed beta-testing and now Iím working on updating NV patch scripts, databases, documentation and FAQ. When it will be done, RT will be available for download. I hope to launch it in the beginning of the next week, but probably Iíll wait a bit because Iíve some info about possible expected Detonator leak pretty soon.

Quote:
If I'm right so: give some of the beta testers right to public their opinions on RT (issues they're facing with this NEW RT... etc...). And I think you won't be getting anymore tat kind of "spam"
I fully realize that this phrase is caused by Darth_Vaderís SoftFireGL related comments on radeon2.ru forum, that already caused some rumors. So I understand what do you mean by asking to allow beta testers to comment new RT issues. Relax. You will not ever get an info about script internals neither from him nor from any other testers. You will not be able to use the scripts before new version launch. Simply will not. None of beta testers will comment anything on the forums, all of them are serious people, and they are working hard to bring _rock stable_ release, rather then to leak any pre-release info or parts of RT. Iíve already made the biggest mistake allowing him to test the script and to make public comments on it.

Summarizing: please stop asking the same questions again and again. You will not hear anything new from me.
BTW did you tried to read the thread from the beginning? Did you seen that I was talking that Iím thinking about killing RT because Iím too tired of communication with some ppl? Did you notice that you are the _only_ man who came in this thread with claims? You came here again after ignoring your attempt to fish out script internals first time. Unfortunately youíre the excellent example of users who push me to stopping RT development. Itís very Ďpleasantí to work for people who constantly hurry you up and absolutely donít want to listen to you and see nothing but their own desires. Just think about it.

Old
  (#31)
linx11
Master Guru

Videocard: 8800GT@700/1750/980
Processor: E6750 @ 3.66
Mainboard: Asus P5Q
Memory: Dominator 4GB @ DDR2 1100
Soundcard: Inbuilt
PSU: Silverstone OP750
Default 09-20-2003, 11:14 | posts: 746

Quote:
Originally posted by Unwinder
If really you so need FireGL Ė just void your display adapterís warranty by soldering configuration resister on the chip, or even buy the real FireGL card.
LOL exactly.

Quote:
Yes, I _cannot_ comment it. Do you really think that I know RTís release date and now Iím just sitting and waiting for that day X?
I knew you were keeping us all in suspence. LOL
Just kidding.

Quote:
I hope to launch it in the beginning of the next week, but probably Iíll wait a bit because Iíve some info about possible expected Detonator leak pretty soon.
Smart thinking. Or you would just get flamed for not updating the databases quick enough.

Quote:
and they are working hard to bring _rock stable_ release, rather then to leak any pre-release info or parts of RT..
You app is very stable Unwinder, From all the testing you do, huh.
We thankyou for it.

Quote:
Summarizing: please stop asking the same questions again and again. You will not hear anything new from me.
BTW did you tried to read the thread from the beginning? Did you seen that I was talking that Iím thinking about killing RT because Iím too tired of communication with some ppl? Did you notice that you are the _only_ man who came in this thread with claims? You came here again after ignoring your attempt to fish out script internals first time. Unfortunately youíre the excellent example of users who push me to stopping RT development. Itís very Ďpleasantí to work for people who constantly hurry you up and absolutely donít want to listen to you and see nothing but their own desires. Just think about it.
What else needs to be said.

Well said Unwinder. Thankyou for your time and patience.

Old
  (#32)
Paul Oblomov

PSU:
Default 09-20-2003, 15:03 | posts: 11 | Location: Russian Federation, Moscow

Oh what an unfair charge..... I'm -=NOT=- hurrying you up (just tell me where I mentioned this? radeon2.ru ? you're mistaken - was just asking about THE-time-YOU-are-going-to-release. Wanted just to know - how is the beta-testing_or_your-plans!) - just want TO KNOW WHEN ! Nothing more (except of the desire of free-firegl).....

Just look:

Quote:
Didnít you get my answers?
Well and what are they ? - just stay and wait ? is that the answer you're talking about ?

Quote:
Didnít you tried to hurry me up numerous times absolutely ignoring my requests to be just a bit more serious instead of acting like an impatient child?
There was no answers, suitin' me... (as I said before )

Quote:
Why others can wait and you cannot?
They don't have (as I can see) such a necessity to have free-firegl (or such amount of time arguing with you)

Quote:
Are you the center of the universe, Paul? If really you so need FireGL Ė just void your display adapterís warranty by soldering configuration resister on the chip, or even buy the real FireGL card. Whatís a problem? Is it just a Russian mentality and habit of getting everything for free?
Oh... I'm not. And as I can see - need to hard-mode-my-card. Russian mentality - you ARE (maybe WERE) Russian ? Am I right ?

Quote:
Iíve already finished RC14 coding, our testers team finished closed beta-testing and now Iím working on updating NV patch scripts, databases, documentation and FAQ. When it will be done, RT will be available for download. I hope to launch it in the beginning of the next week, but probably Iíll wait a bit because Iíve some info about possible expected Detonator leak pretty soon.
That was my question - WHEN_and_How's-the-progress !

Quote:
You will not ever get an info about script internals neither from him nor from any other testers. You will not be able to use the scripts before new version launch. Simply will not.
Darth_Vader - is not guilty!!! I supposed if you so tired of working on RT (and answering tonz of "spam") - why don't you allow to some of the BEST beta-testerz to post their opinions and issues with this beta-build-of-RT ? It's really interesting to know - " How's it going" ! ! !

Quote:
Did you seen that I was talking that Iím thinking about killing RT because Iím too tired of communication with some ppl?
Well - try to calm down. Maybe you should try to understand me ? Don't you ?

Quote:
youíre the excellent example of users who push me to stopping RT development. Itís very Ďpleasantí to work for people who constantly hurry you up and absolutely donít want to listen to you and see nothing but their own desires.
It's very "pleasant" to try find out the date, the state, the bugs... anything about (or do you think it's normal not to SAY-ANYTHING, except WHEN-IT's-DONE???)

P.S. Anyway - I just need more info. Nothnig more (not only me).

CHEERS

Old
  (#33)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-20-2003, 15:57 | posts: 746

Oh forget it Unwinder.

It's obvious this person is a hard core loser.

Paul Oblomov, give it a rest man. You'll know when the new rivatuner is released when you see it available for download at guru3d or nvworld.

END OF STORY.

GO get a life.

If you read all the other posts in this thread and especially the ones that Unwinder has posted you will see what he is talking about.

YOU WILL NOT BE TOLD WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Oblomov
They don't have (as I can see) such a necessity to have free-firegl (or such amount of time arguing with you)
Why do you want to argue with the person that will be creating the application, so that you will have your FREEfire gl.

Unwinder, The mods are really starting to crack down on people like this. Report his post to a mod and forget about him.

Please don't get upset over him.

Last edited by linx11; 09-20-2003 at 16:08.

Old
  (#34)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-20-2003, 16:03 | posts: 746

P.S. you sure are hard up for that free firegl man.

Question. Would you kill your mother for it.

Answer. I think you would.

Quote:
Are you the center of the universe, Paul? If really you so need FireGL Ė just void your display adapterís warranty by soldering configuration resister on the chip, or even buy the real FireGL card. Whatís a problem? Is it just a Russian mentality and habit of getting everything for free?

Old
  (#35)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-20-2003, 16:06 | posts: 746

Quote:
Oh... I'm not. And as I can see - need to hard-mode-my-card. Russian mentality - you ARE (maybe WERE) Russian ? Am I right ?
Quote:
Well - try to calm down. Maybe you should try to understand me ? Don't you ?
Man, you are flaming the sh*t out of him. and yet your also telling him to calm down.

I for one don't understand you at all.

Old
  (#36)
Paul Oblomov

PSU:
Default 09-20-2003, 16:24 | posts: 11 | Location: Russian Federation, Moscow

linx11

That was just PERSONAL talk. It's not your business. Don't call me names....

Quote:
Why do you want to argue with the person that will be creating the application, so that you will have your FREEfire gl.
I have my own opinion. I'm not satisfied with mm... somekinda indifference...

P.S. If you, Alexei, is tired of me - well OK... But I'm disappointed.

P.P.S. Can we talk on radeon2.ru ?

Last edited by Paul Oblomov; 09-20-2003 at 16:32.

Old
  (#37)
Bill Ko

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-20-2003, 21:49 | posts: n/a

Quote:
Yes, I _cannot_ comment it. Do you really think that I know RTís release date and now Iím just sitting and waiting for that day X? I release new version when it is ready to launch, not any day earlier or later. Iíve already finished RC14 coding, our testers team finished closed beta-testing and now Iím working on updating NV patch scripts, databases, documentation and FAQ. When it will be done, RT will be available for download. I hope to launch it in the beginning of the next week, but probably Iíll wait a bit because Iíve some info about possible expected Detonator leak pretty soon.
So you mean there *is* another RivaTuner on the way?

Yippee! I'm glad you're not so discouraged by some people that you just up and quit. That would mean that they win. Keep up the superb work. Remember, for every person who rags on RivaTuner, there are hundreds of satisfied users!

Bill

Old
  (#38)
Darth_Vader

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-21-2003, 00:26 | posts: n/a

Allright, anyone hurrying up Unwinder is just MF. We should consider that no RT nor SFGL exist at all and just do it the way we would if it was so. That way, anyone who (really!) needs FireGL should just hardmod his Radeon card and ask no more STUPID questions. IMHO.

Old
  (#39)
Darth_Vader

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-21-2003, 00:40 | posts: n/a

Unwinder,
Did I do anything so greatly wrong that now you think that
Quote:
Iíve already made the biggest mistake allowing him to test the script
However, I can understand the below:
Quote:
and to make public comments on it
, but that was only what you allowed personally.

Last edited by Darth_Vader; 09-21-2003 at 00:43.

Old
  (#40)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-21-2003, 06:07 | posts: 746

Darth_Vader, from my own personall discusions with Unwinder I belive he meant that he was sorry he let you make comments on it.

Becuase he now knows that all it would do would be to let complete idiots, ask there stupid questions.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Unwinder is fed up with listening to people bi*ch about he program. That he is seriously thinking about giving it up.

And yet people still winge and moan and what this and that and want all the answers.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Oblomov That was just PERSONAL talk. It's not your business. Don't call me names....
Paul Oblomov , this is a forum. It's everybody business.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Oblomov I have my own opinion. I'm not satisfied with mm... somekinda indifference...
you got that right.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Oblomov P.S. If you, Alexei, is tired of me - well OK... But I'm disappointed.
Why cause you still don't have you firegl.

Last edited by linx11; 09-21-2003 at 06:16.

Old
  (#41)
Darth_Vader

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-21-2003, 08:26 | posts: n/a

linx11
tnx 4 T comment. That is exactly the way I suspected 2 B.
In other matters, we have a complete understaning of e.o.

Old
  (#42)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-21-2003, 09:17 | posts: 746

Old
  (#43)
ducados20
Member Guru

Videocard: Gainward 6800 GT GS @ Q3000
Processor: p IV 3,06
Mainboard: Gigabyte ga-8IK1100 (rev 2.0)
Memory: Kingston ddr 1024 pc 3200
Soundcard: Audigy 2 Value + Inspire p380
PSU: PSU Levicom 420XPE-P
Default 09-21-2003, 10:31 | posts: 62 | Location: Compostela

I donīt understand people like this paul. If heīs in a hurry maybe he must make his own patch and stops touching the b.lls to people that works hard ( and make their job so fine)The vidcard companies should learn the lesson and not release "half drivers" (non complete drivers, not meaning half life)

beers for everyone.

Old
  (#44)
Paul Oblomov

PSU:
Default 09-21-2003, 12:42 | posts: 11 | Location: Russian Federation, Moscow

ducados20

Who told you I'm hurrying Alexei with his RT??? GOD DAMN! Im' NOT! Just asking WHEN!!! Or there's no difference for you TO ASK WHEN and TO HURRY UP ?!?!?!

linx11

Quote:
Why cause you still don't have you firegl.
You're really dull and cheeky... The only opinion I'm interested in - is Unwinder's one. So don't ask me anymore....

Old
  (#45)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-21-2003, 14:56 | posts: 746

Quote:
ducados20

Who told you I'm hurrying Alexei with his RT???
It's easy to tell just by reading this thread.

Which obviously you have not done.

Last edited by linx11; 09-21-2003 at 14:58.

Old
  (#46)
linx11
Master Guru

Default 09-21-2003, 15:02 | posts: 746

Quote:
The only opinion I'm interested in - is Unwinder's one. So don't ask me anymore....

Unwinder has told you his opinion on a number of occasions.

So don't ask him anymore.

you

Old
  (#47)
serAph

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-21-2003, 20:11 | posts: n/a

thanks for your contribution to the "scene" in the recent past. Regardless of how you feel now or what you intend to do in the future, you have been, IMO, *the* defacto standard tuning authority - and I sorely wish I could read russian so I could read nvworld.ru

Thanks!

Old
  (#48)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-22-2003, 08:19 | posts: 11,516 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Vader
Unwinder,
Did I do anything so greatly wrong that now you think that
Don't worry mate, the only thing I sorry about is that you commented on r2.ru forum that you _have_ the script. That posting seems to cause Pauls flame again.

Old
  (#49)
Darth_Vader

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-22-2003, 08:52 | posts: n/a

Unwinder
Tnk U Guru, same way do I think it was wrong, but it was just a piece of haste. I hope those guys won't be so jealous about it and will forget it shortly.

Old
  (#50)
Paul Oblomov

PSU:
Default 09-22-2003, 20:27 | posts: 11 | Location: Russian Federation, Moscow

Cute