The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind (PC@CEMU)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mikul1991, Jul 27, 2017.

1. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (PC@CEMU)

Progress of emulation WiiU on PC is incredible. Now, if you have strong enough PC you can achieve way better graphic and stable performance with small dose of bugs.

With Intel Core i7-6700, 16GB Ram and GTX1080 i have more stable framerate than on WiiU. On console FPS drops instatly to 20FPS on villages, heavy fights or when there is much volumetric effects. On PC performance now is almost perfect.

I've made tutorial video how to make BOTW runs best. Detailed guide:

Just look at this (4K is still processing).

Damn, I can't even look now at my WiiU. Thank you Exzap and Rajkosto!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Looks pretty great. I really want.to play this game. I may have to wait until I upgrade to a better a GPU though.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    1.9.0 is out for patreon?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cool will be grabbing this, no need to buy a switch as the rest of the games on it are crap in my opinion.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Switch is just starting, WiiU though is probably close to EoL with Nintendo shifting over to Switch exclusive content.

Not sure about any potential WiiU exclusives that might be worth it, for Zelda Wind Waker got a HD update and Twilight Princess (GC, not the mirrored Wii version.) was also updated but I don't think Skyward Sword got anything.

There's probably a number of recommendations on the CEMU discussion places such as it's Reddit section though it's down to user preference in the end.

Xenoblade Chronicles X seems to be popular but it's still pretty buggy on emulator and I think that goes for many of the WiiU titles so CEMU still needs a bit more work but it's improving pretty quickly and Breath of the Wild might be able to take a bit of a hiatus or how to say now so they can start fixing other compatibility issues in addition to general emulator improvements and additions. :)

7. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    FYI you dont need a supercomputer to run it.

i5 and even <- wont give you 30fps all the time (neither does the system as mentioned; the functions of the game itself run very asynchronous) but with a recent Nvidia card and the automatic speed hack program, the game is completely playable and finishable at "console" speed. You still can have 4k and all the other enhancement packs.

rm082e you are fine with that card(s). Better than fine.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Nintendo is missing out on Sales by not releasing on PC :)

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I think it's better to keep those crappy Japanese console exclusives away from Windows.

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's an emulator still very early in it's lifecycle. Shame that most people simple see and use it as a Zelda piracy app.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    yep

its also screwing over the wii u emulation efforts by remaining closed source

case in point, n64 emulation, pj64 closed source until about 4 years ago, most popular emulator since it worked for the most popular games, now it has no interest and is nowhere near as good as gamecube/wii emulation.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yeah in many ways its unfortunate that this Zelda title ran extremely well from pretty much day 1. It may have even slowed the overall progression of the emulator. It's hard to look at the amount of money, especially the first 2-3 months when it was something like 40++k usd per month and not think like that.

13. Very nice indeed. Let's hope Nintendo won't take some legal actions against it.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No... no they are not.
    Nintendo does better then most sales wise, because you can only get their games... on their systems.
    If they allowed their Nintendo brand titles on PC or other platforms, they know perfectly well sales of their hardware would drop.

15. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Um no. Sorry. That's not how it works, especially with emulators; Closed source generally leads to actually accomplishing whats been set out to do.

PJ64 came out and literally annihilated all the competition BECAUSE it was closed source. By the time it went open, n64 emulation was 15 years old. The n64 emulator market was saturated.

Praytell how are they "screwing" over Wii U emulation when nearly any game that matters, runs? I think you might need to check the compatibility list, or even the subreddit.

Also check out Decaf for all your open source Wii U needs. CEMU has the talent and devotion. Shame on them for not giving you the millions of lines source code that they obsessively worked on for TWO YEARS before it came out.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017

16. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    On Amd gpus runs really bad this emulator .

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I thought we weren't supposed to talk about this stuff here?

18. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    uh that's Fight Club - wait I didn't mean to say that...uh...besides it's not Breath of the Wind it should be Breath of the Wild. Breath of the Wind is a sequel to Spinal Tap I think.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Using an emulator is fine, so long as you own a legal version of the original game.
    Using an emulator to play console games that you do not own is technically... not okay.

But, there's nothing wrong with discussing the accomplishments of an emulator. So long as nobody points anyone towards a Rom file for a game.

20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Is it illegal to download the consoles bios to run a console emulator or is that a past issue ?