Geforce Experience Recorder/VRAM

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Jul 23, 2017.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    While I was doing some testing with a benchmark program, I noticed, for the very first time(where was I been), that the geforce experience, the actual video recorder within the program, once turned on, eats roughly 400mb of vram.

Its when I quickly notice the vram was lower when I launched the program and took a peek of the osd on the top left.

Back then, I don't normally use full osd, normally just fraps, or any other that monitors fps, then after program is done, I check out afterburner on the graph.

While testing unigine valley, and have osd on the top left, I turned on and off repeatedly to see any difference in the vram dept., when turned on, eats about somewhere around 400mb of vram, If I turn it off, that portion goes away.

check it back and forth many times, no doubt, the video recorder eats vram, LOL, All these years and I just now notice it, muahahaa, but then again, I am also recording in-game resolution and at the highest possible bitrate, which is 4k or higher and at 130 bitrate.

Anyone notice this?

UPDATE:

Just for kicks, Tested lowest recording setting and the highest, as I expected, more vram as you go higher.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017