Living alone

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Jun 27, 2017.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Anyone here living alone? Whats your experience and thoughts on the subject?

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm 36. I moved out of my parents home at 19. I always liked living alone. But I'm not much of a people person, so that has a lot to do with it. I always had trouble getting used to living with girlfriends, except the current one. She's pretty cool with stuff. That's why we bought a place together.

But I enjoyed it. Your time, your rules. Just make sure you stay on top of cleaning. Women hate dirty places. Bathroom, especially. I never followed this, I'm just telling you what I've found out over the years lol.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Lived alone since 2012, not much to it really, freedom to do what you want when you want, you're ultimately responsible to clean your own mess.

4. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Two weeks living alone after break-up of seven year relationship so far its awesome...

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'm a social being, prefer living with people. Also safer should something go awry.

6. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Can make up a new word for this, Sadlarious, because its both sad and hilarious at the same time.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I breakup with my GF at least 4/5 times a year just so I can be alone/ then after a few days she calls me up crying...Can I please come home airbud I love you so much!.......:D

8. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    She... she calls you airbud? :roll:

Gotta teach mine to call me Ice.

9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Heck yea!.....I'm not gonna tell her my real name!....Shes a Crazy Bit*h.....:D

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Yeah lol now I can upgrade when i want before OKing it with her majesty and not feel guilty gaming..she was very needy:)

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I do. A lot of space for myself. You see mess? It is yours, and only yours to clean. You put something somewhere, and you'll find it on exact spot next morning or in a week. Project can sit in place and you do not have to be afraid that someone misplaces or damages something.
    Honestly, I have 55 m^2 for myself, and I could use double easily... just the living prices here are insane.

12. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I've lived alone for years at a time; lived with another for other years at a time. They're both good. I find they taste better in the context of each other (when I've lived alone for a long time, it's refreshing to have company sometimes; when I've lived with someone for a long time, it's refreshing to be alone sometimes). I like them both, but would definitely rather live with someone I love.

How I enjoy living alone when I do:
    • Get a dog, and go have adventures with it. I'm partial to exploring the local forest roads with her on a mountain bike, but your mileage may vary.
    • Be as spontaneous as your soul desires. Trip to the store at 1am because watermelon? Yes. Leave the house a mess because kayaking immediately after work on a Monday sounds good? Yes.
    • Play video games all night for weeks on end. In my undies. Eating sardines. With the volume up high (I don't have neighbors).
    • Follow your own preferences for cleanliness. Mine are actually rather volatile; I like to keep the place very clean by default, but when it's adventure/spontaneity time, I have no qualms about making a big mess, and letting it sit until I feel like cleaning it up (usually after maybe three days).

The list is only slightly different when not living alone (depending on the conditions), but that wasn't the question.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I need a wide open space.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I got curious about your 55m^2 is small statement inference, I just measured my place width and depth, and it only seems to be 53m^2, I find my place plenty big for just me, you're really that cramped?

Fair enough, my bathroom is small as is my kitchen, so my bedroom is (frankly) oversized and my living room is pretty big for what I need.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT Nitro+
    I think it's the same with house and hdd sizes, no matter how large, it will get filled up with stuff and then it's too small.

16. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    been living alone for almost exactly one year, best part is wondering around the house naked, and letting the frank and beans breathe, especially after a shower.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    oh yeah thats a good one, don't need to get dressed for like, ages really, when i can be bothered

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Sometimes lonely, but then I think of the lack of freedom if I would have a spouse or GF and then I'm like yikes.

Considering getting a cat though, since back when I lived with my parents we always had about 2 to 3 cats and I like having them around.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I definitely enjoy my own company, but it's something that is only a treat if you live with someone.
    If you live alone, then it's pretty crappy in the long run.

Not trying to be soppy, but adults are annoying and my little boy is a joy, even when he is being a complete demon. Something about kids that either you forgive or sympathise with when you were young.

You will definitely lose alot of gaming time, but when you do game you will make the most of it.

20. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    fixed for ya :nerd: