Does anyone play Bladestorm Nightmare ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Jun 27, 2017.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    It's so hard to get this game working properly because once it works properly, I cannot know what changes that makes it run bad.

with the latest nvidia driver 382.53 and some before I started to get some fps drops, it's must be the drivers because it never happened before it happened only when the 1080 GTX Released because of the DPC issue. but after that it was working fine. now there are fps drops to 40-55 and the game randomly freezes. All other games works properly. it's on maximum performance. there is no heat issues. GPU LOAD is 50-60% . 1080p all ultra. patch 1.02 .

Does anyone have the game and can check ? just after the training / Tutorial , the first tutorial mission . it takes some time like 1-5 min to happen.

I want so bad to play the game, but I can't with those stuttering, because I want to play it with 3D with reshade + superdepth3d and those stuttering will really kill my eyes if they happen randomly.

2. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Use afterburner or similar and check your GPU ram usage
    Run DPC latency checker
    Load Process Lasso or similar up on another screen and monitor for any processes doing a lot of IO activity or stealing CPU time when the stutters happen.

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I checked, all this is fine.

Gpu ram usage is barely 3gb
    DPC is the thing I checked mostly, it's fine for this game and all others.
    I'm using SSD so it's nothing from harddisk.
    CPU is 40%-50% ingame.

4. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    does it still stutter if you disable the SLI? (yes I realise it will kill perf)

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I don't have SLI, it's just the name of the card.

6. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Oh. Not sure what else you can try then. People seem to br complaining about this game all over the internet. So it doesn't sound like the issues are unique to you.

Try forcing vsync off in nvcp and rtss fps cap to 60,58,30,28 in that order
    Also experiment with forcing pre rendered frames to 1 in nvcp

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    **** port from a **** company that treats PC like a 2nd class citizen milking machine, performs like ****.

No ****.

I don't think you can make this game not perform badly.