Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section
Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything AMD Catalyst related. Catalyst drivers are for all AMD based graphics cards and APUs.

MSI AG2712A-027EU with Amd freezes
Old
  (#1)
dante96

Videocard: AMD Radeon R9 280X
Processor: Intel Core i7-7770k
Mainboard: Asus Tuf Z270 Mark 1
Memory: G.Skill DDR4 TridentZ
Soundcard:
PSU: BeQuiet!
Default MSI AG2712A-027EU with Amd freezes - 06-19-2017, 14:52 | posts: 9

Hi everyone, i've an MSI AG2712A-027EU with a switchable AMD Radeon HD 8970M and Intel Graphics 4000.
I needed to format it because windows 8.1 gone bad (no more able to boot), so i decided to install Windows 10.
MSI didn't release drivers for Win10 but Win8.1 ones worked well except for AMD gpu.
Windows Update grabs automatically all these drivers but when it installs AMD ones the system freezes completely (after showing AMD drivers in Device Manager) so I need to force shutdown and after rebooting it randomly freezes again.
New crimson version (17.6.2 and 17.4.4) have the same problem.
With official MSI drivers, windows 10 won't see the GPU (just let install HDMI Audio drivers and AMD Manager).

Can you help me, please?
Thanks in advance

Update: The culprit of freezing is HDMI Audio driver. But I still need help

Last edited by dante96; 06-19-2017 at 15:50.