83.0%
  2. Windows 7

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. VF1Snarf

VF1Snarf Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb
    What are yall on? Windows 10 or Windows 7?

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All my PC's are on some edition of win10.

3. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    7 until death do us part :nerd:

Yeah I am staying on 7 until there is any REAL reason to move to anything else...
    And anything else will most certainly not be Windows 10 if it is close to what it is now.

So people say "have fun until 2020" ... I can only laugh at that spiteful comment.
    Because it shows how estranged some people are.

I mean regardless of the fact that even after 2020 I will continue using W7 because it's not like I am installing any updates at the moment anyway... nor am I affected by any of the latest exploits (which are not backing away from W10 as well) due to my personal setup choices... the system just works. But yeah to get back to that point... regardless of that fact ... what would be wrong to use W7 until 2020 at least in the first place, if it is just the smoother choice in general at this moment.
    Just looking at Windows 10 reddit and Windows 10 posts @Guru3D makes me shiver and I pity everyone who is wasting their time on fresh installs on a ~x month basis...

So yeah. Windows 7 until I have found the time to set up a proper PoL/Wine-Box ... which is technically possible already of course... but it just takes some time to make it as perfect as my W7 image is running atm..

yup yup yup...

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hmm, not sure what to vote. Both gaming capable computers on 10 and both file servers on 7.

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You realize most of the monthly reinstalls are people doing the insider builds right? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean your opinion is any more right than the next guys. You never waste a chance jumping into these threads.I have been using it since day one with zero issues from an upgrade from 8.1 to the Creators update. :rolleyes:

6. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    No I actually read about people having to reinstall multiple times because of issues ... be it with CUpd... be it with AUpd. ... and also before...
    I have been "using" W10 since TP b10041

I don't say you cant set up your W10 installation to work more or less without problems ... i.e. optimize it for stability ... remove bloat. remove cortana / apps / store etc...

But... I always ask... for what waste the effort and time, if you basically gain nothing from it in the end compared to a fully functional W7 system...
    (also lower number of new exploits for w7 than for w10 per time period)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  7. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I can pull up the same for windows 7 when it came out and you sound like like every guy that hung on to XP until they pried it from their hands.It's just 10 is the one talked about now.Lets talk about it in 7 years.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    All of my computers are W10. There is no reason to stay on 7

9. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    2 years after W7 release it has just overtook XP
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/04/windows-7-finally-overtakes-windows-xps-desktop-os-market-share/

Now we have 2 years after W10 release and 7 is still DOUBLE the numbers of W10 with no real change anymore

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=11&qpcustomb=0

You understand that it is NOT as it was with XP and 7...

It's more like 7 is another XP... and 10 is just another Vista ... same as 8/8.1 was...

MS will need to make a big turn with the Pro version they are planning. And try to lose all the ties to the "10" naming... then they have a chance of gaining hardcore users who love their privacy and stability.

10. VF1Snarf

VF1Snarf Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb

I have done it twice already for anniversary and creators

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, running it on many different boxes, 0 serious issues.

12. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Laptop and pc are both running the latest version of windows 10 Red stone 2.

13. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    8.1 pro because, despite its terrible metro interface, there were some improvements to 7. I dont think ill ever get the Spyware 10.

14. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    windows 8.1 embedded industry enterprise with classic theme

[​IMG]

15. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    I test software frequently on 10, do alot of dev work under it, and have nothing against the OS personally. Yet honestly I seem to be pretty stuck on Windows 7 for gaming.
    (JRPG's, old games, and poorly coded Korean MMO's [that are based on ancient engines] pretty much are all that interest me)

--Lots of older titles, and even some newer ones are based on older-engines (eg, UE3 such as with alot of MMO's -- B&S, etc). These simply run better on older Win7 regardless your hardware or drivers... That's not to say that they can't be played on Windows 10, of course, but if you're using your Windows installs only for gaming, might as well run whatever plays the games you run best.

Side thought: I still play the original Total Annihilation from time to time. Can't even get 15 fps on it without a ddraw to GL wrapper, same goes for RA95 and the likes whereas they just run great under Windows 7.

Just can't escape dual-booting these days.

EDIT: Alot of friends stuck on Windows 7 because they're used to disabling desktop-composition for twitch gaming in FPS's (in Windowed mode), or basically -- the "vsync off" folk.

Per vsync off -- CS:GO players also tend to swear by 7 since they get a higher max FPS vs Win 10. (but we're talking of people where 200 fps is not good enough for them)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017

16. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    In your opinion the point I was making that yours isn't any more right or wrong than mine.I think your reasons are bs and probably the same way for you.Thing is you sound like an evangelical frigging preacher. Praise the 7 :banana:

17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSD, it's the Windows 7 equivalent of Windows 10.

Ran the official Windows 10 Pro from the day it got released until the Creators Update got released around a month or so ago. After facing a few issues with the Creators Update (both with update & a full clean install), and wanting to revert back to Windows 7 just to test some things, I was recommended to try Windows 10 Enterprise LTSD on this forum and haven't looked back since.

Only disadvantage that impacts me; is that I can't play any games that have been or will be exclusively released on the Windows Store. Since this version of Windows doesn't have any of the APPS that usually come with Windows 10, including the store itself.

18. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I'm on LTSB too there are ways to install the store on this version BTW not needed for me but just saying

19. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Windows 10 Pro x64 here.

20. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Windows 10 Pro x64 and running stable. Honestly, I couldn't go back to Windows 7 at this point. To each their own. :)