Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Gameplay

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    HARDRESET likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Awesome, almost makes me forgot i was extremely disappointed by my Ultimate edition of Battlefront.

Have you seen the 'leaked' gameplay footage? 12min of pre-alpha gameplay.

Can't help thinking that no-one is gonna play first person this game also.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  3. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Damn! I still won't pre-order, but damn. It looks good! Looks aren't everything though.

MOAR!

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Did they show any single player, or was it all MP?

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Of course ****frags is all over it........

Will this game have Singleplayer and space combat?

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i knew BF2 would steal the show

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It will have a campaign.
    And the story was written by the guy that wrote the story for Spec Ops: The Line.

It's my only interest in the game.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Visually it does look fantastic, and i think the second half of the trailer looked like it may be from the campaign.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That sounds promising... fingers crossed it has space combat.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    If I get this, I will for sure.

Though seeing as I didn't get Battlefront last year for PC (I did get it with the PS4 bundle, but I never played it there), my question for anyone who did and is planning on getting this, will PC multiplayer be anything at all like BF4 or BF1?

Or is the PC porting of it really just a dumbed down version geared toward casual play with a controller?

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Given how piss poor the story mode was with BF1, I'm not holding any hope at all that it will be even semi decent. Quote - "Dice makes some of the best multiplayer games". Hint hint.

12. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    If it's just a few small maps made to look larger than what they are, then I'll pass.

It had a story mode? Where do you access that at? I just remember it had solo mode which was basically practice maps and the gameplay didn't even closely resemble the trailer. So I don't even care about this game less someone shows it'll have a proper campaign with proper maps.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I honesty don't know why they even try to make story mode missions or whatever buzz words they like to use to sell the game. Multiplayer is all people care about.

All the DLC is going to be free, but did they mention the micro transactions? Nope. All in all the upcoming games from EA are very generic and predictable.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am actually interested because it will have singleplayer, the previous one was of no interest because it was a multiplayer game.

Is it so strange these days to actually like singleplayer games?

le me = goes back to playing The Witcher 3......

15. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    You seem to be at a massive disadvantage in first person in battlefront , this looks like the same story

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I love my singleplayer games. Providing they are done correcty. MGSV and Horizon Zero Dawn are prefect examples. YOu won't find anything even remotely close to those two games with the single player missions in Battlefront 2. Dice cannot do AI or anything scripted.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You're generalizing.
    There are tons of people who care about single player. A lot, like myself, who only care about single player.

And with Star Wars, that's what a lot of people want more then anything else.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Have you played the single player missions in BF3,BF4,BF1? They are truly awful. If the games didn't have exceptional multiplayer they would be trashed by everyone.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, I have played BF3... and it's tedious, bland and forgettable. But, it's still well made and polished.
    But, DICE also made Bad Company 1 and 2, both are great. With fun, humorous, enjoyable and well made campaigns.

Add in, they didn't write the story for Battlefront 2, they hired someone to do it for them.

And maybe... DICE should be dumped on.
    People praise BF3 and 4, even though the campaigns are basically throw away. So, why does DICE get a pass, review wise, on their games? If the campaigns are bland and boring... that should reflect in the final scores.
    Yet, they don't. The majority of the time the scores for the games rest solely on the MP... which is crap.

Any other studio that delivered a game with solid MP but a forgettable campaign... would be dumped on in it's reviews for doing so. Yet, DICE are allowed to do it and still get solid to great reviews.

But, none of this changes any of what I said.
    You generalized your statement "MP is all people care about" as that is simply not true. If that was true, why was there such a loud out-crying for a campaign for Battlefront?

People care about campaigns. People, like myself, want campaigns. Specially in Star Wars games.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Surely then if the reviews are so highly scored for every BF/Dice game then something must wrong if the bolt-on single player aspects are so poor? I can only answer that by going back to what I said before. Multiplayer is the main focus of what people want. Now this may every well be different with a Star Wars game, which you would expect. The question is. Has Dice Sweden passed the single player over to another studio like Criterion for example? I hope so.