AMD's Threadripper VS INTEL's Walletripper -Place your bets :-)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by BigMaMaInHouse, May 29, 2017.

?

AMD's Threadripper VS INTEL's Walletripper -Place your bets :-)

Poll closed May 31, 2017.
  1. AMD's Threadripper

79.2%
  2. INTEL's Walletripper

20.8%
  1. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Hi all,
    Time has come, soon we will see the the better of the two, Place your bets and lets hope Walletripper no more :).

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Funny but is this really necessary?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Troll thread

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Fanboys call me a "troll" when voicing my opinion, but considering your username "BigMaMaInHouse" and the thread title/pool, you ought to be the definition.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Though unnecessary and a potential flamebait thread, the OP is asking for people's opinion on which they believe will be "better". You seem to go into threads asserting that only your opinion is correct, and insulting anyone who thinks differently. Then you defend your opinion without the use of actual facts.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You asserted your opinion, then insulted people who disagree with your opinion, with no regard for usage case. Most of those that responded to that post, are only concerned with 1 thing. Which represents the best value for the intended usage case. Contrary to your belief, and supported by actual facts, Intel is not the best option in every possible usage case.

And here's where you defend your opinion with complete disregard for actual facts. If you clock both the i5 7600K and i7 2600K to 4.5ghz, the 2600K will be faster overall. Even with the 7600K clocked to 5ghz, it will not surpass the performance potential of the 2600K. The assertion that everyone who defends a company is a "fanboy" is a behavior typically seen from "trolls" and "fanboys".

Seeing as both you and Agent have a loyalty towards Intel, there really is no reason for either of you to be in this thread. In your case, there's no reason to be in this section of the forum at all, unless your intent is to troll seeing as how you appear to be a die hard Intel loyalist.

For people like me, Intel is overpriced and under-powered at the same price-points as Ryzen processors occupy. I use a laptop for most work, but my desktop is built specifically for running the Folding@Home app, where core count is more important than IPC. I would see vastly more benefit from an R7 1700X for $350 than an i7 7700K at any price. Gaming performance is not the "end-all, be-all" of processor performance. In reality, it's actually the least important metric for the vast majority of users.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Today, when AMD delivers similar performance per core as intel, eats similar watts per delivered computational output... I look one step further and that is price.
    There, AMD's offerings come without sour aftertaste.

While this thread-poll may look as troll to some, it still can deliver value of seeing what kind of sentiment we have today.
    On forum we know those vocal few, but what about all others? I hope this poll will get at least 100 votes.

7. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Although Intel seems to have the single core OC Boost speed advantage, I think AMD will win out when doing a serious workload.

Not sure When I am buying, but AMD 99.9% have my money for my next CPU for lots of good reasons, even if Intel is slightly faster.

Competition is a Good thing, that is really where my money is going :)

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same here. After owning two legendary Intel cpu's (Q6600 and i5 2500k) its time i think about going Ryzen this time. There is many obvious reasons why should one consider AMD this time around.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    When I finally move away from skylake, it will be towards Zen+ unless Intel releases a 6c/12t processor for less money than AMD. We all know that's unlikely to happen.

10. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Meanwhile- look what Intel will offer you for their extreme pricing with Skylake-X:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCv7hF7kepU
    [​IMG]

Intel again gonna offer you the same *** TIM!
    We all can argue why their are using TIM and not soldering - but the fact that they keep using the cheapest quality thermal past prove only 1 thing- they are Greedy! $$$$ :)

Now compare to AMD's huge X399 socket- We can clearly see that we gonna have larger contact area for heat transfer, + I think those 16C threadrippers are the "Rysen 5" of the 32C Naples with disabled cores.

Last edited: May 30, 2017

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Surely this will spawn a civilized and intelligent discussion.

12. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Actually has so far, ignoring people coming to pre-emptively poke it ;)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I refuse to even think of which is better till I see AMD prices and then impartial reviews. I actually believe they will be very competitive with each other in both price and performance.

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'm definitely leaning towards X399 with "threadripper" (I hate that name), primarily because intel's product is inferior.

15. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex

16. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT