msi afterburner and evga ftw3

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by CrysisTek, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrysisTek

CrysisTek Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 Ti strix
    Hi .. I would like to know if the afterburner msi will have at some point support for the asynchronous fans and the 9 sensors that evga ftw3 has.
    I currently use precision, but I want to re-use the afterburner.

thanks.

2. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Precision is better.. It doesn't conflict with the overlays of things like Steam and Uplay, with MSI Afterburner you cannot use those overlays. I just tried MSI afterburner after looking in another thread. It's not bad, but making things like the Steam overlay not work is not good.

But to answer your question, I doubt that MSI is going to make a tool for their competitors cards that would utilize all of the features of those cards. But I could be completely and utterly wrong.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The overlays work fine if you read the detailed information provided with the tool

4. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    And what would that be? I did read the readme and it didn't give me any information other than saying that the overlays don't work with it. Maybe I'm missing something.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

9 thermal sensors are already implemented and will be available in the next beta. Async fan controller is a no go and I explained why, both things are discussed in new beta development thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5434798&postcount=399

6. Unwinder

What's a nice "logical" comment. If your FPS overlay in Precision doesn't work at all in any games, it is rather hard for it to conflict with any games and third party overlays. And using a bit of logic and thinking you can simply disable WORKING overlay in any other product to achieve exactly the same effect.
    No need to continue this discussion here please.

7. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    I'm sorry, but maybe you misunderstood. All 3rd party overlays work fine with Precision. It is Afterburner that I cannot get the 3rd party overlays to work with.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You need to set up a delayed injection for compatibility with the Steam overlay and a few others, I thought this was provided in the PDF for Rivatuner though.

That's the Profiles folder and the "Global" file for Rivatuner.

[Hooking]

InjectionDelay=15000
    InjectionDelayTriggers=IGO64.dll,IGO32.dll,GameOverlayRenderer.dll,GameOverlayRenderer64.dll

First one denotes 15 seconds, this is the default value.
    Second one denotes which .dll files will trigger the delay, by default IGO64.dll for the Origin overlay is added and earlier versions of Afterburner or rather Rivatuner had the 64-bit version of the Steam overlay too but this was removed in the latest non-beta version but 7.0.0 added it back again but it's still in beta.

Pretty sure it's a x64 issue primarily which is why the 32-bit .dll files aren't part of the default setup but I added those in just in case though I also use d3d9, d3d10, d3d11, d3d12 and dxgi to ensure there's almost always a load delay for compatibility with other software I'm also using. :)
    (Less is better for compatibility but so far it's been working fine here.)

Maintaining a blacklist is also useful for other software that Rivatuner will otherwise detect as active running 3D processes, this can be anything from software such as Steam, Origin, UPlay, Battle.Net and so on to applications like qBittorrent or Notepad++
    (The "i" button in MSI Afterburner will show what it's currently active in, really useful for setting up Rivatuner blacklist configs though non-exe files have to be added in manually I believe.)

EDIT: If the above lines doesn't exist you can copy them from the ProfilesDefault "Global" file, this is the recommended as editing that directly will just see these changes get overwritten every time you update Rivatuner and the file gets replaced with a new one so copy/paste any lines you want. :)

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  9. Unwinder

That's you who misunderstood. All 3rd party overlays work with Precision because its own overlay doesn't work AT ALL. No need to coninue this useless dialog here. That's the second and the last one request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.