Could This Be NVIDIA Geforce GTX TITAN Volta ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 23, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well, the rumor mill is already starting on Volta graphics cards. While highly unlikely, a new photo is spreading on the web like wildfire. The card in the photo is hinted to be Volta....

Could This Be NVIDIA Geforce GTX TITAN Volta ?

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well it says titan on the card : D

Just a little off topic, is it ok to have the radiator setup like that? having the pipes at the top like that, I thought with these closed loop systems they needed to have the pipes on the bottom.

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    SOmebody getting fired!!!

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Whether this card is what people think it is, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the first consumer (or "prosumer") Volta to hit the market (or rather, Nvidia's own webshop) was a Titan.

5. dkflint723

dkflint723 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Anyone else notice that this card has NVLink headers on it? If you compare it to the Quadro GP100 they look very similar.

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @KissSh0t
    nope.
    same as with air cooling and ppl recommending certain airflow/cooler setups because "heat rises". but that is completely irrelevant if pc is running case fans..

even when i used 8/9db noiseblocker fans throttled to 5V, did i get enough airflow to negate that effect.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I have mixed feelings on this leak.

They did confirm the guy is an Nvidia intern and those are NVLink connectors - which provides some legitimacy to it. I just feel like it's way to early for a Titan Volta card to be as far along as that is - but then I don't think a Titan Volta card would be constrained by the same production limits of GV100.

So idk, maybe there was some truth to the rumors of Nvidia moving up the Volta launch or maybe this is just some shroud sample they are toying around with to see what they like or maybe the whole thing is fake - which seems to be what basically 99.9% of tech rumors are lately.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, taken with a mountain of salt, if this is true then that would mean that as soon as AMD launches big Vega (which I doubt will be at 1080 Ti level, but let's say it is), nvidia can pump this bad boy out and with it the "1180" most likely too... :3eyes:

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia is just teasing knowing that Vega is close so they want people to hold on until Volta.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Lol, I am sure about 99.99% that AMD fanatics think Vega is so powerful that Nvidia already preparing Volta Titan. Hahahaha! God help us.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

I sincerely doubt that Vega and Volta are fishing in the same pond. Can't imagine many people waiting for both to make their decision between them, it's either green or red mostly. People waiting for Volta are waiting for the next Geforce, and people waiting for Vega are waiting for the next Radeon card, the sum of people belonging to both pools is probably pretty small.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Probably not very good idea. Safest is to have pipes at bottom. It is OK to have them on one side depending on intake / outtake.

13. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    If true, by the lack of the "X" means they're holding back again(which i don't condemn). But if they do release a gimped "Titan X" i hope it's 1000$ tops. (dreaming here at 899$ )

14. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Titan + under 1000$ = lolwat?

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    A Titan with a new, NVIDIA-exclusive process, won't be anything lower than $1200. And I would guess $1400.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Naughty, naughty dreams you have. :giggle2:

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    looks just like the quadro Gp100 with an extra power connector, nvlinks and all.

[​IMG]

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It could be that far along in production, or it could be a Quadro card with a Titan cooler.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I guess that's the issue with creating the fastest chip(probably low yields)

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Real or fake, no idea.

However, we do know that Nvidia's target for this fiscal year is much higher than last year which must mean from now to end of March 2018, they will have a new product line out.

As for Vega, most youtube speculation, even from the Pro-AMD guys estimate Vega to be between GTX1080 and 1080ti. It will be a price war for sure.