HP Unleashes Spectre x2 laptop hybrid that has 3K Display

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I know they probably will not make another as they don't sell too well, but I would love to see another Windows 10 tablet like this with a dedicated GPU or at least an AMD A12 APU.

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I dunno when it comes to machines like these. They don't seem to be fit in any particular market demographic.

People who buy tablets use them for internet browsing and some light office work. Putting a 3K screen in there without a dedicated GPU is out of place. You just know its gonna lag like hell if you try to do any 3D modelling or studio work at that res without a GPU.

Then there's the 1000 buck price tag. Why would i spend that much on a tablet just to browse the internet and do office work when i can buy a 250 buck tablet that will allow me to do those tasks?

IMO a 3K screen should be attached to a system that can run that resolution @ 60fps or above.

4. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Looks like HP has made this model specially for showing off and for people with deep pockets :)

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    These are not productivity nor gaming machines. High resolution displays are not only useful for professional work or gaming. Web and video benefit benefit from the increased pixel density. And they aren't going to lag when they're used as they're intended to be used. And they occupy the biggest market demographic as most users simply want to browse the web, watch video, work on documents or presentations. Programmers might want to code on such lightweight machines as they're more than capable.