Sound "cut" after inserting a new video

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by BB Gun, May 22, 2017.

1. BB Gun

BB Gun Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Hello folk.

I wanted to ask you kind folk if you could help me with a slight problem which I'm having. I'm new to video editing and I only do basic stuff for my videos since the videos I am working on are gameplay videos I upload to Youtube.

Now what my problem is that my recordings are split into few files and I want to group them all into a single video, which I do simply by adding new clips to the end of the previous ones, however when I do that there appears to be some sort of sound cut where it's kinda obvious that the clips are added one after another and I'd rather fix this.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it ?

My video editing program is Vegas Pro 13.

I downloaded and recorded the problem with OBS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUDM1eu3uI&feature=youtu.be

PC Specifications are:

CPU: i5 2500K (Overclocked to 4.5 GHz)

GPU: GTX 980 Ti

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (where Vegas Pro is)

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB (where my videos are)

RAM: 8 GB

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Don't record into multiple files :-/

3. BB Gun

BB Gun Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Easier said than done, Shadowplay does it by itself when the file reaches 4 GB.

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    In that case, you might want to look into recording the audio separately into a single file with another tool, and set shadowplay to not record audio. This might result in audio desync though. But it's worth a try.

Also, have you tried doing a LOSSLESS concatenation of the mp4 files? With something like:

http://www.mp4joiner.org/en/

If you combine the files with that, does the resulting mp4 still have the audio gap?

5. BB Gun

BB Gun Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Nice, it seems after there is no audio gap or there is very little of it (maybe just my imagination tho), thank you for this, I'm just going to test if the quality changed.

6. BB Gun

BB Gun Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    The quality did not change, everything is good thank you for this again RealNC.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    It's a lossless merge of files. "Lossless" means a 1:1 copy. Same data, no re-encoding of the video.