Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    some information show that a group of people where filming in eastern montana which was believed for the trailer of a new open world game, one guy at a bar was asked questions about living there and stuff by this group of people aswell, the information until now mentions that farcry 5 will be set in a western environment which for me is superb, as no other game open world game was done in this setting, imagine a call of juarez with open world and a better story and overall mechanics.
    have your say guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i think it will be another copy paste job. unlocking parts of the map, climbing stuff. bland story.

im looking more forward to RDR2 tbh

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I heard about some leaks set in wild west...

Meh, like White said, probably more of the same.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well said girlfriend, took the words right out my mouth!

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I... for one am happy for a new FarCry.
    Mostly because the series doesn't strive to be anything more then what it is. And, while I do love deeper, more in depth games... sometimes, a simple open world shooter like FarCry simply fits the bill and works.

Primal is currently my favorite entry, because it tried something different.
    And I know, people are getting ready to start yelling at me that it's exactly the same... blah, blah, blah.
    But, it's really not. The core gameplay is similar and the concept is the same, yes. But, the setting, setup... goal of the story. The combat is drastically different. Even the fact that the entire game is subtitled due to a foreign language being spoken 100% of the time.
    I loved that.

I have no issue with the FarCry formula because it fits the style they are aiming for.
    I love Primal, but still... 3 and 4 were a lot of fun. While 4 did come up short compared to 3, I still had fun with it.
    So, a 5th title (while everyone knew it would happen) is very cool. I hope the rumors of a wild west setting are true.
    But, my deep down desire is a FarCry in the dark ages. A Medieval setting.
    I think the idea of riding around on horseback, as a knight... exploring the world. More realistic, less fantasy then Elder Scrolls.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well I'm just waiting for an actual second FarCry game *shrugs*

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Oh, a sequel to the 2004 original with Jack? Yeah, that would be awesome.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I lived in Montana for eight years. Eastern Montana is basically a prairie with little if any high points. One day I was driving on a state road and realized I was the only car on the highway. You could see all the way to the horizon ahead and behind. Flat as a board and nobody else in sight. I pulled over, shut off the car and got out. All I could hear was the wind in the grass and yet a very real silence. It was like being lost at sea...but on land. After about 10 minutes my eyes adjusted and I could see a small herd of antelope way off in the distance. It was one of the peak moments in my life. The end scene in the movie, "Castaway" with Tom Hanks gave me a similar feeling having experienced it in real life.

If this area is being included in FC5 it makes me wonder if they will be abandoning the usual towers/fog of war routine.

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Would love a Western Far Cry, hope it has coop similar to Wildlands so my wife and I could play the game all the way through together that'd be awesome. Also can't wait for RDR2, I love the western genre but few games do it.

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The 2 part map thing is some of the worst gameplay design ever. The other part of the map shouldn't even be shown until you cam acess it if they are going to do that again.

Weapons need way more customisation options and the skill tree needs to be way more open.

Let's just hope it has a good story this time and not just a good villian wrapped in a day time tv drama level story again.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, FarCry 3 was the only one that actually had two separate maps.

FC4 separated the map by blocking the top half off, but it was one large map. And once you made it to the top half, you could come and go as you pleased... and were required to for lots of the missions.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It is also possible to fly to the southern part of the map in Far Cry 3 although I forgot what exactly prevented this early on if you do manage to find a kite since there's even a achievement for doing this, for Far Cry 4 crossing the bridge just spawns a lot of enemies constantly until the mission where you force your way through and for Far Cry Primal they use various natural blockers such as requiring finding the claw although a couple of passages are also blocked off by debris until later on in the story where it somehow just clears away. :D

I don't remember exactly what happened in Far Cry 2 if you went to the lower map half earlier than the game intended but I guess it's similar to FC4 where you get swarmed with hostiles with no normal way to survive for more than a few moments.

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    +1.. These other games are not Farcry games, they just hijacked the name.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Technically, the game everyone wants to hold up and praise... hijacked the name.

FarCry 2 is nothing like the first actual FarCry. You know, the linear, level to level game with a "made for TV" 80s action movie feel. Mutants, campy mercs and awful, cheese filled dialog. Everything that made the first game what it was.
    FarCry 2 went off rails first. Blood Dragon actually has the most in common with the first game.

But, they are all FarCry games.
    Just because you may not enjoy it... doesn't make it not FarCry.

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i hope they don't copy Horizon Zero Dawn since they copied Farcry AF

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Farcry is the only Farcry, someone else got the rights and used the name and turned is into something else. Skinning animals.. Really? These games are repetitious time wasters. I'll take more of the original FarCry and Crysis please..

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Ubisoft has owned the rights since the first game.
    Crytek started development of a Tech Demo called Dinosaur Island, from that with Ubisoft's support they created the original FarCry.

And sorry, again... they are all FarCry games.
    Be like me trying to say Quake 3 isn't a Quake game simply because I don't like it. But, it's still Quake.

19. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    more like they are all boiling point games... am i right? zing!

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    omg, Boling Point. I even forgot about that game.

haha, it was such a mess, lol.

Last edited: May 19, 2017