Vanquish confirmed for PC, released 25th May 2017!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Darren Hodgson, May 10, 2017.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Vanquish is confirmed for PC and showing on the Steam page at £14.99 here in the UK: http://store.steampowered.com/app/460810/Vanquish/

That's great news but after the poor post-release support that both NieR: Automata and Bayonetta have had then I can only hope that the port is of the quality of the latter game rather than the former (which requires third-party mod support to address many of its issues). Both games have issues with MSAA so I fully expect Vanquish to be the same! :p

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This game is fun as hell already, so it's gonna be even better!

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Cool, heard it's a good game but not willing to it on Xbox or whatever

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    well let's what's broken in it when it comes out

Japanese devs scares me

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looks alot of fun.

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Can't wait to replay through this, one my favourite games to ever hit consoles.

7. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    So.. this is better than vanquish from 2010 year? :p

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well Bayonetta certainly stood the test of time IMO and bar the broken MSAA (WHICH PLATINUM GAMES NEVER BOTHERED TO FIX, TUT!!!) it was an otherwise solid port with uber-fast loading times and a decent selection of graphics options.

I expect Vanquish will be the same, although I hope that MSAA support works this time round otherwise I'll be emailing Platinum to ask why MSAA doesn't work in any of their games despite the fact they include support for it. ;)

Anyway, against my better judgement I picked up/pre-ordered the game on Steam yesterday as I noticed it was only £11.24 or something.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Been hoping this would see a PC release.
    It's a Shinji Mikami game, and I love his projects.

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I know Bayonetta was handled by sega, and this one will be to. So temper your expectations.

11. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Preordered :)
    By the way If you buy it in bundle with Bayonetta you receive 25% discount on each one

12. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    This one's being ported by Little Stone Software. A British developer who also ported Valkyria Chronicles to PC.

13. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    I took advantage of the discount granted for having bayonetta in the library, and i double dipped on it too, very happy it finaly made it on pc, just a little bit disappointed it took Sega so long to take this decision. The game imho is still seriously fun and worthy of a playthrough for those who hasn't tried already, because of it's extremely fast paced action the higher framerate alone should be a massive improvement over the console versions, can't wait to try it.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bayonetta got a patch today

The patch is here! Hurrah! Thank you for your patience while we worked with PlatinumGames to make this patch as comprehensive as possible. This patch addresses the following issues:

• Fixed an issue with excessive Steam client CPU usage
    • Fixed the MSAA option
    • Fixed the “picture-in-picture” graphical issue in the ‘film strip’ cutscenes at certain resolutions
    • Adjusted Steam Cloud implementation
    • Fixed an issue with the jump control in some situations when using keyboard and mouse
    • Added the ability to disable black borders in aspect ratios other than 16:9

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    WHAT?!?!?!?!? :wanker:

/thud

/dies of shock

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol in that case keep your will ready when Nier's patch is released :p

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=413844&page=3

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So Vanquish is now out and it's a good port... mostly (TotalBiscuit gave it the thumbs up in his Port Report video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjrCjfi7BU ).

I say mostly because the game has a couple of odd issues on my system, one of which TotalBiscuit mentions in his video, namely that the game has problems playing the FMV cutscenes for some reason. Yes, this game has 16 GB of pre-rendered cutscenes, thankfully of a higher quality than on the PS3 and Xbox 360, but they still stand out when you are playing the game at 4K (@ 2560x1440 using DSR) like I am. Why this happens is anyone's guess but it does rather mar the whole package IMO.

Speakling of 4K; the game runs at 60 fps on my system at 4K with maxed out settings but oddly at the start the framerate dips down to the low 40s fps during the tinted HUD overlay parts. As soon as the HUD disappears and the game starts then it holds 60 fps. I'm not sure what is happening there to cause it to dip so low; if anything the graphics in this mode are much more basic than in-game. Could possibly be a bug (and one I hope we don't have to wait almost two months for a fix for like with the recent Bayonetta port!).

The good news is that the game runs great where it counts: during actual gameplay so the other issues can just be viewed as inconveniences (although I'd argue the cutscene playback issue is definitely a big deal for me).

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yeah i have the same problems , everyone does actually

20. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    After one hour

Port is good but not perfect. LOD is average, max AA is not much good and FXAA works better than edge aa. HUD and fonts are very low res. With FXAA and 4K downsampling I have some fps drops only during cut scenes but gameplay is smooth