My Asus 1080 out of order..f**k

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sunnyp_343, Apr 28, 2017.

1. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    I m getting strange texture on Intro of every game then game hanags just before Main menu screen comes and getting yellow dots on all youtube videos.Only Dota 2 is running.
    i had 381.65 driver i heard that this drive had some voltage problem which they fixed in 381.89.
    This is Second card in past 8 months that got bad..Now i have to wait 30-60 days for replace.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Maybe if you replaced that junk PSU your cards would stop dying.

Seriously, throw that garbage out.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I'd say high-end motherboards have better power filtering and able to withstand higher Ripple.

High ripple kills hardware.
    Mobo/cpu might not be dead but it might be experiencing a slow death over time.

4. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Actually my last 1080 was not out of order.I put my OS on power saving mode by mistake and forgot.So dropping heavily in Fps thought Card got bad but this time it seriously out of order.

5. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    My PSU is fine..i checked on this.I have 3 friend with same Company PSU with different watts runs fine.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m sorry but Agent-A01 is right, buy a good PSU and trow that thing in the trash ASAP!
    It´s a "crime" to have a good rig like yours with that crappy PSU...

7. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Motherboard has Surge protection so no other hardware wise get high voltage include mobo.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I don't think you understand anything I said.

Nothing I said has anything to do with power surges.

Again, Deepcool is mostly garbage.

I don't know what you mean by 'I checked my PSU it's fine'

DA bronze 500-700 are all garbage group regulated PSUs with garbage caps, poor soldering, etc.

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Even garbage PSUs have many uses outside of a PC. They can be used to drive many devices of 12V and below, even power hungry ones like a mini compressor or pretty much any car or solar power device designed for 12V. A polystyrene cutter is a typical DIY tool that can be powered with a PSU.

Thus, I wouldn't simply throw it out.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well he clearly knows better.

Best to let him deal with his problems.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I dare say it was the PSU as well. This is coming from someobody that doesn't like Nvidia, so could troll (not that I'dd do that unless I actually thought it was the card's issue).

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Please guys, don't gamble with your hardware. When it comes to PSU, it's ALWAYS better to buy a respected brand which comes with guarantees like Corsair RMx series or the EVGA Supernova G2/G3 series than some shoddy no-name brand.

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Or the Qtec brand its the best in the world :p

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I would never buy a PSU without a thorough review done on it by a reputable site that measures the DC output quality, namely ripple. Capacitor quality is also paramount, as premium ones (Japanese) with low ESR keep ripple at a minimum. Its not enough for PSU manufacturers to claim 80+ efficiency or good voltage regulation as many cheap PSU manufacturers seem to focus only on that and hope reviewers wont look closer at other performance aspects.

15. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    I got my card in replacement.Its refurbished i was thinking i may get brand new sealed box.But its running very hot on UHD 4k it reach 90*c with in few seconds.But in !080p or 2k temp is just fine.But my old card never cross 75*c-80*c.what to do? should i replace this again?

16. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I wouldnt bother Asus always send out recycled trash. I had four PG278Q monitors before i simply gave up on replacements , all they do is send out another thats already been rma'd by someone else , in a tatty box that looks like its been posted around the world twice.

Took me 4 months countless emails and 8 phone calls to get a refund.

Unfortunately most of my hardware is asus :/

17. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Took 4 months oh man u have patience but its a monitor u can have spare but without card for 4 months its tough.

18. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Oh god i didnt see your psu :/ That really needs ripping out and putting in the bin :D

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yep, there's no excuse in 2017 to be using a group regulated PSU with a card as new as a 1080.

I still would. Even though it has uses, it also has a chance of bursting into flames, too.

20. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Lol if its psu fault then other hardware should also get faults and did u know corsair has the highest failiure rate in the world.Search google on that