How much is my system worth ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by YetYhunter, Apr 28, 2017.

1. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I want to sell everything and I want an idea for the price.

Basically my sig rig:

NZXT Noctis 450
    Liquid Freezer 240
    Gigabyte Z77- UD5H wifi
    8GB 2133mhz RAM
    Gigabyte GTX1070 WF
    Corsair VX550W PSU
    Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
    1TB WD
    500GB Seagate

AOC 2460PG G-sync monitor

Steel series Rival 100

Illuminated gaming keyboard ( cheap 25$)
    2.1 logitech sound system

Thank you

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    AOC 2460PG monitor and GTX1070 gonna add a nice price.

If GPU and monitor in good shape, probably no less than $700... just from a tip of my mind. $1k - $1.2k should be reasonable considering rig is in good shape.

I don't know how much new parts cost in Romania, so can't tell accurate price.

3. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    The GPU, monitor and liquid cooler were bought last year and are like new. I regularly clean the computer with compressed air and changed the thermal paste. I have it on sale now for about 1.5k, I should lower the price a bit.

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    1.5k is still within reasonable range, IMO. I think someone mentioned PC parts being more experience in east europe, so $1.5k make sense.

Price is also depends on how fast you want to sell it. If you not in rush to sell, keep it for $1.5k.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Some computer parts hold their value better than others. Certain CPU's hold some value pretty decently. I'm doing this in USD btw.

Let's say we do this base on your i5.
    When you buy the part, open it, and turn it on you lose 1/5 of the value of the part.1/5/$240=$192
    Age of the cpu, voltage being pumped into it to keep a steady overclock, you lose about another 1/10 of the value. So now you're at $168 for face value.
    How many generations is this behind? For a Sandy Bridge, it would probably be about an 1/8 of the original value minus the face value from age. So now you're at $138.
    But then you have to consider market trends, how common is the cpu, is it relevant? With this I would say +/- 10% at the most for price of the cpu. So it could be anywhere from $120-$140 or so.

All in all, it's just around half of your value. Something like a 2500k will hold a decent value considering its age and use, but video cards tend to not hold value unless they're in a specialty category like a Titan or an x2 video card. Used memory does not hold value for crap, same with hard drives and SSDs. Motherboards are hit or miss, power supplies do not hold value. A good monitor will hold it's value great.

Other peripherals such as keyboard, mouse, headset, just depends. A good keyboard and mouse will hold some value, headsets don't. Most people don't want to use used headsets(Despite the fact you can basically clean them to as if they were brand new lol).

6. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    To buy all of that would cost around $1200 in single parts.

Of course, building a pc today, you wouldn't buy those particular parts because you could build something much better for the money.

As sverek mentioned, the monitor + GPU are the only real value items.

Personally I would keep the 840 EVO seeing as you have 2 other drives in there.

$850 - 900 seems about right if the monitor is in perfect condition, no scratches or dead pixels.

7. stealth80

stealth80 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 1080 Gamerock Prem

You would be very surprised on the prices of used CPU's and DDR3. Some people don't want to upgrade their platform if they need a new CPU following a failure or need an upgrade. I literally last month just sold my 4790k for £215 (think I paid £280 2.5 years ago) and sold DDR3 for what I paid for it pretty much, £80 per 16gb set

8. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I can't speak for different areas, I can only speak what I know from personal experience and acting as a broker for a few friends selling their rigs.

9. RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris 6100
    Second hand custom build PCs never sell for the cost of their components, always less, it's always a compromise between ease of sale and how much you get. I'd sell the monitor and GPU both separately as they are worth far more, and are much more in demand than the old mobo/cpu/ram/case/storage/peripherals combo (I would value all of that at £250) and will sell much easier, the rest is dead weight and will mean you either wait ages or have to take a hit on the good stuff.

GPU £300 (assuming fully boxed)
    Monitor £300 (assuming fully boxed)
    Everything else combined £250

So 1k euros, $1100

Selling it all together chop 20% off.

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    $800 if GPU and monitor still have warranty.

$600 otherwise.

These are used. People don't buy used for just 20% off.

11. RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris 6100
    The 20% was off my prices, not new.

$600 however is mental either way.

12. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    $600 might not be far off what he might get though...There is a difference between the used value and the selling second hand value.

13. stealth80

stealth80 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 1080 Gamerock Prem
    I recently sold a 4690k, MSI Z87 Gaming 5 board, 8gb 1600 Skill Ram, 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB Hard drive, 670 GTX, 1080P Monitor, Razor Keyboard and Razor Naga mouse with Windows 10 for like £450, so like $500 ish?

OP - You might be better selling it all separate in the long run, it will be slower and some parts may not sell at all, but you will get more in my opinion

EDIT - holy crap my build is out of date, ive had 970 SLI and 1080 since then!

14. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    We all agree the monitor + GPU are the best items.

The monitor will hold its value for some time, the GPU on the other hand is literally devaluing as I type.

So, to sum up, the most valuable item in your list is its losing value the fastest, drop the package price for a faster sale or sell the GPU now as a single item.

15. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    The Gpu and monitor still have warranty. The monitor is in perfect condition, no dead pixels or imperfections. The Noctis case and the liquid cooler are also almost new with original box and warranty.
    Will drop the price right now at about 1k to draw more customers and open for further negotiations.

16. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Us market is huge compared to my country and price differences might be dramatic. Same thing applies for new parts as well. GPU's for example cost about 100$ more here.

17. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I just got an offer of 670 Euros for the tower only. Should I give it away ?

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Just the tower without the monitor? That sounds pretty good.

19. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
    Of course lol

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    That = $755 usd....not sure but go for it if you need the money...sounds fair to me.