Intel Announces Record First-Quarter Revenue of $14.8 Billion

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    All evil corps like Nvidia, Intel, Microsoft announced larger revenue, but are you happy that they are ripping off of you? Btw these 3 corp established monopoly and work together.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

You do understand that if Intel and Nvidia formed a monopoly by working with eachother, that might make a little sense, aside from the fact that Nvidia competes with Intel on many, many computing fronts.

However, microsoft?

Microsoft would love it more then anything if hardware costs much less. There would be no reason for microsoft to work with Intel and Nvidia to make their products more expensive, as all that does is make it less likely someone might buy a system for Windows.

4. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Another brainwashed AMD troll.
    Ok, stick to saint AMD and Linux, we got your point.

Though it is unclear why you use "evil" hardware and software in your PC. I suggest you call a recycling company now and destroy your PC. Don't allow the evil taint to corrupt you.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Dey took oar jobz!

6. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    AMD is evil corp too, just a bit less if you consider their technology is usual open, open-sourced or just available for all (and if you compare to Nvidia, what forcing their exclusive closed technology to games just for other cards perform worse).

I do not have to explain Microsoft, what forcing you to change os for their business, or how they optimize os or dx12 for intel or nvidia.

Ignorance is blessing, that why i use 3 years old computer what is intel, nvidia and microsoft powered. But when i watch the last moves of these corporations i can not stand that.

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    With Intel's prices, it would be impossible not to generate huge profits. I have no idea how Ryzen is selling, but I pray it's doing well. If AMD gets back on its feet and the market becomes healthier, we ought to see some positive progress and less witless prices.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...nothing of what you just stated made sense at all, i'm not even sure if it was fully coherent

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Oh boi...

Someone tell me: Are we feeling stupid now for writing all those "RIP Intel" when Ryzen got released

:stewpid:

10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    You know, fanboys will always buy i7 7700k because it's faster in today's games, even if a R7 1700 is close and has allot more horsepower under the hood and costs the same.

I didn't say it, I know people will always insist in going with a brand they trust.
    Plus, Intel business is not just consumer CPU's...they're a big company after all.
    Only smart people made smart decisions this quarter.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Facepalmed a lot at the RIP Intel comments :D.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I would have bought a 1700 if I was more assured that I would not have to put up with bugs, teething problems typical of new platforms. No ragrets :D.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Intel isnt selling only CPU's, its a big company.

Even a giant can fall though. Another Pentium D or GeForce FX series and everything can easily change.

14. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We shouldn't feed the trolls :p

Most of what he say doesn't make sense... also if that is his system up to date then he is using Nivdia and Intel stuff... soooo.... yeah theres that....

Also AMD have lots of closed off stuff they don't let others use, sure they have more open stuff but business is a business.

All this post goes to show is Intel is not panicking, it is not worrying and it is doing just fine as it was a couple of months ago, they have gone up in revenue. what this does show however is how little of a change AMD ryzen has made on the mainstream front, which i'm sure for AMD is very worrying as of right now

Going by the Steam stats ( i know not the best data in the world) it shows that less users have AMD cpus than Intels over the past two years, and users are using Nvidia cards more than AMD cards

CPU by users:
    AMD 23.9% March 2015 - 20.32% March 2017
    Intel 76.1% March 2015 - 79.68% March 2017

GPU by users
    AMD 26.6% March 2015 - 22.14% March 2017
    Nivida 54.1% March 2015 - 61.21% March 2017
    Intel 18.8% March 2015 - 16.27% March 2017

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yeah well... you are calling them Intel fanboys for buying CPU that's hassle free, and does not require any special attention or future expectation,
    and which is also the fastest in pretty much the only area where they really need it to be fast aka GAMING!

OTOH maybe they don't fret much whether LAME or VirtualDub or kernel compilation ends up 10 seconds of 10 minutes earlier, because they don't use that sh1t at all?
    Just a possibility :pc1:

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Exactly. I'd love to rock 16 threads with my freshly renowned interest for Linux. And I'd be prepared to put up with slightly lower gaming frametimes.

Intel is not hassle free in Linux. (well ok mostly IGP)
    But my Windows machine, fookthat man - I fully expect it to run flawlessly with near-zero intervention from me.
    But that's just me.

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Ryzen is gonna have impact when they release their cheaper parts, their APUs and their mobile counterparts. All the cpus released so far are for enthusiasts or professionals and those are a very small part of the market. The same on Intel side with the 7600K/7700K and higher.
    The real money makers are the cheap parts and the server parts. And on the server side things are going to be really interesting. Ryzen has to be an hit on the server side otherwise is gonna be a failure.

18. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    This news isn't surprising at all the 7xxx series launched with the highest prices yet by about 50$ across most of the lineup.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Both Intel and Nvidia, when they make a mistake, they are far from pushover.
    They pull up their pants, they fight, they learn from it, and they come out stronger.
    But when they have a winner, oh boy do they know how to drive that thing home.

AMD otoh, even when they have a winner, its like:
    "hmmm, now that we have a fighting chance, what now? Oh well guess its anyones game..."

20. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Those who yelled AMD is cheaper than Intel, maybe can explain this:
    (2017.04.28 YYYY.MM.DD)

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x (YD180XBCAEWOF) 557.00€
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (YD170XBCAEWOF) 408.00€
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (YD1700BBAEBOX) 349.00€

Intel Core i7-7700K (BX80677I77700K) 377.39€
    Intel Core i7-7700 (BX80677I77700) 336.99€
    Intel Core i5-7600K (BX80677I57600K) 262.19€

Keeping in mind that multithreading is still and will be rare stuff for atleast 10 years.