Radeon RX Vega to Compete with GTX 1080 Ti and Titan Xp

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    isn't this kind of a rash conclusion? this statement could literally mean anything.

furthermore, if vega is indeed faster than GP102 and/or has similar performance, why would they downplay it by just calling it "nice" weeks before release?

3. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    I will believe it, when I see it.

At the moment I don't believe Vega looks anywhere "nice" compared to 1080Ti or Titan Xp, especially considering how long it is already delayed.
    We have been mislead too many times before (not only by AMD, by all companies - Intel, Nvidia and others are equally "guilty")

4. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    It could mean that "the performance compared to the 1080Ti and Titan Xp is very good when you consider the price of our product".

But let's hope we'll be seeing them in the wild soon. Market needs a bit of competition in the high end.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    When asked how Vega compares to 1080Ti and Titan XP, the guy replied:

"Vega performance compared to the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti and the Titan Xp looks really nice."

Reading between the lines, this is anything between GTX 1080 to almost 1080Ti level of performance.
    Which accidentally is what I require from my next GPU :D

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Delayed from Q1 to Q2 maybe. Or it was always meant to be Q2 2017. All I found from roadmaps was Vega on top of 2017.

7. Guru3dreader

Guru3dreader Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Fury X's performance probably also looked nice compared to the 980Ti. Considering Pascal's efficiency and overclocking, Vega should offer better performance compared to the Titan Xp. But honestly I am only expecting to offer better performance compared to a stock 1080.

8. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    "Nice" - means you look adequate.
    When You say that to a girl, she will know that she looks ****...

I do hope that I am wrong here, i really do!

9. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Well, there are many places and rumours. Many have been expecting Vega 10 as early as October 2016, with Vega 11 - in mid 2017.

We are almost in mid 2017 already, with no version of Vega at all.
    So, choose the rumor you like the most, but I will still believe it is at least half a year delayed.

Regardless, almost 2 years without a high end card is silly, and clearly "not according to plan".

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I don't need to pick a rumour if AMD had it on roadmap for 2017. It wasn't even mentioned before last spring when they revealed it would be coming 2017. Earliest it could have come according to that roadmap would have been January. It was said H1 2017. Well it's still coming H1 if it comes during next two months.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Let's hope it will deliver some real performance. 980ti is superior to Fury X at every game except those which are properly coded for both companies. Also 6gb was by far more viable than 4gb Vram to be honest and Fury X was not cheap. 980ti was a better bang for buck.

12. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I read Vega I see no Vega. By the time AMD releases Vega, Nvidia will be close to release Volta. If this happens then it will be bad timing. I hope Vega's performance and pricing will be good though.

13. moeppel

moeppel Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Roadmaps have always shown Vega in '17. The october rumors might as well been posted (if not originated) on WCCFTECH.

That said, the interpretation of the roadmap could range anywhere from January '17 to Q1 '17 to H1 '17.

I personally expect more concrete infos, if not a release, come May.

If there won't be much, if anything, until June it's time to get very skeptic.

That said, I don't even care too much about its performance, as long as it pushes prices down. 1070 performance should've long hit mainstream price points (think 1060/RX480).

14. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    "Looks really nice" translated into English IMO means that the Vega performance is somewhere in between GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti, but for sure it's not at the level of 1080 Ti.
    Even with HBM2 RX Vega could not surpass Nvidia's "Pascal" GPU architecture. Nvidia is still much more advanced and too far away in GPU's technology, from whatever AMD GPU's can offer. That is really sad for the PC gamers and for PC enthusiasts, but very true.

15. mrclass

mrclass New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX980
    "Vega performance compared to the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti and the Titan Xp looks really nice."

Let me guess. Almost similar performance for lower price?

16. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    Blah, blah, blah. Marketing biased conclusion with no real facts to back it up

17. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    That's nothing but your 100% pure personal opinion, which isn't based on facts.

18. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    volta is impoverished.

#BETTERRED

[​IMG]

19. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    The conclusion i've came to so far from AMD's actions is that this will be a power hungry gpu clocked higher than they wanted,but probably it will be priced "nicely". Hope i'm wrong. Can't wait for HH to get his hands on one.

20. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    As for everyone shouting "delays" "delays": it was scheduled for H1 2017, now calm down.

We have seen it running performance equal to slightly above 1080. AMD is gambling hard with HBM and they really have to get it right. Nvidia still goes with the safe GDDR5X route, no innovation here.

Let's wait 1/2 months and see reviews, then hate (or not) at AMD.