Can't overclock 1700...like, at all

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by favelle75, Apr 25, 2017.

1. favelle75

favelle75 Member

GPU:
    PowerColor RX480
    Pretty proficient in overclocking my last 3 Intels back from the 2500k, and OC'd a ton in the Athlon/Phenom days. Figured it would all be the same here, but the Asus B350 BIOS software is just...well.....

No multiplier to be found, no profiles are editable, even in advanced mode. Is there a secret to these Ryzen processors? I should include a screenshot to illustrate what I am seeing.

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
  3. favelle75

favelle75 Member

GPU:
    PowerColor RX480
    Thanks vase, I'll give that a try. Last time I tried though, both the FID and DID numbers were greyed out and couldn't be changed.

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's not very intuitive, that's true.

5. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Might want to check what bios you're running. I know that there was an issue with some first run motherboards being released with bios's that couldn't OC well. I just got the prime x-370pro and it came with 503, but 603 was already out, so upgraded and no issues. pushed to 3.8 for the heck of it and all went well but I was using AI suite too, so......

6. favelle75

favelle75 Member

GPU:
    PowerColor RX480
    Thanks mykledw. There's been 4 BIOS updates already, so I just jumped from the first one to the last one (0602).

But yeah, its not intuitive at all...not what I remember OCing to be anyways! Ha ha.